What's a good affordable liver support

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Going on a cycle with some Winstrol and would like to run a liver support. Milk thistle enough?

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I take NAC daily. Not even sure if it does anything, but it's really cheap.

The liver is truly an amazing organ. I was put on a low dose statin back in October. When I did my physical in December, my ALT and AST were both extremely elevated. I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but ALT and AST were both in the 3-400's. Also my ferritin levels were through the roof. I've run all kinds of orals and whatnot over the years, and have never had elevated liver enzymes. Then I get a call from Dr asking me about drinking and if I've come in contact with anyone with hepatitis, and all kinds of other questions.

He has me stop the statin. I go to GI doc last week and have bloods done only 10 days after stopping the statin. Everything is back to normal. If the liver isn't doing it's job, you'll know. And a liver cleanse isn't going to help.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
NAC is cheap and effective. It is on the WHO's list of essential medications. It is the medicine that treats liver destroying acetaminophen overdoses. It's been around forever and has proven itself over time.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
NAC is cheap and effective. It is on the WHO's list of essential medications. It is the medicine that treats liver destroying acetaminophen overdoses. It's been around forever and has proven itself over time.

I will see if I can dig it up later today but I recall seeing something that shows NAC stresses the liver itself. That could of course be interpreted a few ways though so I won't bash it yet.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I will see if I can dig it up later today but I recall seeing something that shows NAC stresses the liver itself. That could of course be interpreted a few ways though so I won't bash it yet.

That would be one of those cases where statistics can prove both sides of an argument. I am sure if you ate 17lbs of it, you could hit some potholes in the road. I did see a study where there were complications from NAC infusion after hepatic resection, so probably can't discount the idea of liver stress entirely, but on aggregate it's beneficial to supplement NAC when you plan on pounding your liver into submission.

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok so where can u buy it otc? Gwp?

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Otc. I even bought some on Amazon. I eat a lot of berries when I'm on. Especially blueberries.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tudca

"usage of TUDCA for helping an already harmed liver is quite reliable as TUDCA is used in clinical settings (hospitals) for treating cholestasis..."

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
drink water. Its really cheap.

monster-ish

Reaction score
Nac 1200mg a day. You can find it anywhere. And online

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lmao I've been told my jizz has a sweet taste to it. Gotta love them berries.

New Threads