Air in syringe

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
So I've been letting my fiance do my injections on my quads. Today she skimped me half a cc on my 3 cc shot because she said there was air in it. She's a nurse. Everything I've ever read Says a small amount of air into a muscke isn't going to hurt anything. Is there any proof of that? Everything I look up is forum talk. Needless to say I was pissed. Took the rest of it and injected into my delt but I was mad that I had to make another hole.

Thezilla

Reaction score
I say just do your own injections. I've heard through bro science that air into a muscle not a huge deal

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
:32 (18): damnit seek. Yeh but I think I'm gonna start being the doctor !

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Haha seriously just pin yourself then. And a little air bubble ain't gonna hurt you.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Believe it was hitler and all his morbid human experiments found 10cc of air was the hot ticket to death.

The wee bit ive had at times i never gave it a second thought. Wasnt no half mil mind you, but never been too concerned. But when i load and finished drawing the nector, ill pill at least .5-1ml of air into syringe to make sure i get it all pulled out of draw needle, then ill remove draw (pin needle still in packaging ready for install) but once draw needle is unscrewed ill push the oil right upto the little nipple of th syringe to make sure all the air is out.

Then ill screw on the pin needle, hold it upto light and push oil up to fill the pin needle and prepare myself for the skewering. So little to zero air when i do it this way

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When an air bubble enters a vein, it's called a venous air embolism. When an air bubble enters an artery, it's called an arterial air embolism. These air bubbles can travel to your brain, heart, or lungs and cause a heart attack, stroke, or respiratory failure.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
But it's hard to inject into a vein when you're injecting an inch into the muscle though correct?

Reaction score
I work in healthcare and the only concern with air is into a vein and even then a small bubble is not going to kill you but people freak out like it will.....As for into the muscle, I cant imagine it would do anything much at all.

Last edited:

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
I work in healthcare and the only concern with air is into a vein and even the a small bubble is not going to kill you but people freak out like it will.....As for into the muscle, I cant imagine it would do anything much at all.

Thanks for your input

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I chew on air bubbles while I watch the muppets

Reaction score
I wouldn't make it common practice but into muscle a little air won't hurt some people do it on purpose to "flush" all of the oil out but again I would t make that standard procedure.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
What? So does she give patients less than the full amount of meds too? Is your girl Nurse Jackie?

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
What? So does she give patients less than the full amount of meds too? Is your girl Nurse Jackie?

Idk man pretty much my thoughts on it.
She said in clinicals they were always reprimanded for leaving air in, even intramuscular. Whatever **** it I'll do my own. It just passed me off cause half a cc is a damn good amount to of gear to leave in the barrel.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Used to let the gf inject the glutes butt (see what I did there) occasionally would ended up with some kind of argument.

Therefore I just exnayed her out of the program completely.

Problem solved :eek:

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I've been administering a sh**load of IV meds to patients for over 20 years, it takes quite a bit of air in the vein to cause an issue. I wouldn't even sweat that little bit in an IM injection.

New Threads