using steroids for its health benefits, not for physical appearance

Reaction score
My stats first:

18 years in the gym, I have built a foundation already so I know how it goes. I've done a cycle or two before but didn't like the high dose along with too much bro science stuff. Below are some researched stuff as to what medicinal dosages are being prescribed to use. I'm 5'7" and 160 pounds. I don't plan on gaining more weight, just maintaining what I already have. I'm in my early 30's.

I've thought of using testosterone cypionate and proviron. If good enough, I'd actually just prefer a proviron cycle. Either drugs are actually prescribed for low t or hypogonadism so that means I could use either one for that reason but to enhance both drugs (synergy), I'm open to using both at medicinal dosages since proviron enhances testosterone:

Test cypionate: 50 mg to 400 mg every 2 to 4 weeks

Proviron: 25 to 50 mg daily. I think 50 mg is the right dose for me.

Is 50 mg Test cypionate with 50 mg proviron good?

- Again, I'm not bulking, I'm just enhancing my health. The physical part has to come from hard work, not PEDs.

- Who are some legitimate sources and or how much should I expect to pay for a vial or bottle of these medicines?

- No PCT with the low dosages I plan on using since proviron was said to act as one before there were SERMS or SARMS as it lessens the estrogenic activity of testosterone.

- I prefer a low side effect cycle so I'm sticking with very low dosages.

Anything I missed?

Last edited:

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
Theres a lot of inconsistencies with this thread. You have 18 years of working out, but lack a lot of knowledge. Most people lifting for a couple years know the answers to your questions. Even though cypionate is the longest ester for testosterone (there are long esters used but cypionate is generally one of the more common ones), you dont do 2-4 week injections. At max 1 a week, ideally 2 times a week to keep levels balanced. I havent heard of using proviron only cycle for low t. not sure know that would go.

BTW this is the second thread you post asking for sources. This isnt a source board. How are you going to ask if buying from a domestic website is a good idea yet you have 18 years experience plus you've cycled before. You're literally asking to get scammed or the dea to come knocking at your door.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Low dose or not you'll shut down your HPTA with test injections. And at 50mg every other week you'll be worse off than natty. What you are proposing is TRT (not a well planned trt). Bad idea unless you have true deficiencies and are hypogonadal.

What "health enhancement" are you expecting from your proposal?

As for sources: I pay $15 for 10ml of 200mg/ml test c at the CVS.

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My stats first:

18 years in the gym, I have built a foundation already so I know how it goes. I've done a cycle or two before but didn't like the high dose along with too much bro science stuff. Below are some researched stuff as to what medicinal dosages are being prescribed to use. I'm 5'7" and 160 pounds. I don't plan on gaining more weight, just maintaining what I already have. I'm in my early 30's.

I've thought of using testosterone cypionate and proviron. If good enough, I'd actually just prefer a proviron cycle. Either drugs are actually prescribed for low t or hypogonadism so that means I could use either one for that reason but to enhance both drugs (synergy), I'm open to using both at medicinal dosages since proviron enhances testosterone:

Test cypionate: 50 mg to 400 mg every 2 to 4 weeks

Proviron: 25 to 50 mg daily. I think 50 mg is the right dose for me.

Is 50 mg Test cypionate with 50 mg proviron good?

- Again, I'm not bulking, I'm just enhancing my health. The physical part has to come from hard work, not PEDs.

- Who are some legitimate sources and or how much should I expect to pay for a vial or bottle of these medicines?

- No PCT with the low dosages I plan on using since proviron was said to act as one before there were SERMS or SARMS as it lessens the estrogenic activity of testosterone.

- I prefer a low side effect cycle so I'm sticking with very low dosages.

Anything I missed?

Your question doesn't quite make sense. What medical condition do you have that would benefit from testosterone treatment?

50mg every two weeks would probably be just enough to cause you to have little to no test in your system. It would suppress natural production. That's about it. It won't enhance your health unless you are hypogonadal.

You are misunderstanding the difference between managing estrogen and a post cycle therapy. Post means after.

Nobody here is going to provide you a source or tell you what the cost is. This isn't a source board. Anyone who sends you a pm with this info is likely a scammer. Reputable sources don't solicit nor do they want to be found on google.

Reaction score
I figured low dose is just better FOR ME. I'm not bulking, just enhancing. You don't get it? Not everyone who takes steroids are muscleheads. Not everyone who takes amphetamines are tweakers (it's actually prescribed for ADHD). Do you get me now?

My doctors would never give me prescription for steroids unless I'm YOU.

Low dose or not you'll shut down your HPTA with test injections. And at 50mg every other week you'll be worse off than natty. What you are proposing is TRT (not a well planned trt). Bad idea unless you have true deficiencies and are hypogonadal.

What "health enhancement" are you expecting from your proposal?

As for sources: I pay $15 for 10ml of 200mg/ml test c at the CVS.

Reaction score
Proviron would be daily, Test Cyp every 2-4 weeks, 50-400 mg (that's the dosage amount on every nurse's drug hand book, not bro science).

Are you taking steroids for bulking and physical appearance? Just curious.

I would think having some in my system is good enough than nothing? Would it suppress natural production more than taking loads of the gear? You tell me...

You guys seem to be implying that I should take loads of steroids and be in the "in crowd"? I made it clear what my intents were...not bulking, just enhancing what I have already. I'll never be bigger than you. *sarcasm*

Your question doesn't quite make sense. What medical condition do you have that would benefit from testosterone treatment?

50mg every two weeks would probably be just enough to cause you to have little to no test in your system. It would suppress natural production. That's about it. It won't enhance your health unless you are hypogonadal.

You are misunderstanding the difference between managing estrogen and a post cycle therapy. Post means after.

Nobody here is going to provide you a source or tell you what the cost is. This isn't a source board. Anyone who sends you a pm with this info is likely a scammer. Reputable sources don't solicit nor do they want to be found on google.

CtrlAll

Reaction score
"Real Bodybuilders of the UG" I'm so excited for next weeks episode!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Proviron would be daily, Test Cyp every 2-4 weeks, 50-400 mg (that's the dosage amount on every nurse's drug hand book, not bro science).

I would think having some in my system is good enough than nothing? Would it suppress natural production more than taking loads of the gear? You tell me...

You guys seem to be implying that I should take loads of steroids and be in the "in crowd"? I made it clear what my intents were...not bulking, just enhancing what I have already. I'll never be bigger than you. *sarcasm*

Your natty test production is controlled by the HPTA. This system is binary: on or off. Whether you're injecting 50mg eo week or a gram every week, that system will shut down. What you'll have left to work with is whatever exogenous test you've injected. As POB and I pointed out, too little test and you'll end up worse off than your are currently.

I don't think you should take any steroids, let alone loads of them. You lack a basic understanding of how they work and you're looking to seriously alter your body's functioning for relatively little gain. Not worth it IMO. Whethe you go low dose or high dose there is always a risk of not recovering. Then you'd be in my boat: married to the needle for life because you can't make your own testosterone.

testosterone isn't just used for bulking. It's an important muscle sparing hormone that can be used whilst cutting and on a caloric deficit.

What health benefits are you looking for? Perhaps they can be achieved without injecting hormones.

Last edited:

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
We're telling you your plan is bullshit because it's a bad plan that won't provide any benefit whatsoever.
If you want health benefits, follow a standard trt protocol.
Terminal half life of test E is 4.5 days.. That eow plan is gonna leave your dick in a coma more than half of the time.

And steroids don't make you bulk all on their own. ****ing idiot.

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
We're telling you your plan is bullshit because it's a bad plan that won't provide any benefit whatsoever.
If you want health benefits, follow a standard trt protocol.
Terminal half life of test E is 4.5 days.. That eow plan is gonna leave your dick in a coma more than half of the time.

And steroids don't make you bulk all on their own. ****ing idiot.

just let him do his 50mg every 4 weeks since its in a nurse handbook.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow. That's some attitude for a guy with six posts. I'm assuming you're male, right? I mean, 5'7", 160 lbs after 18 years in the gym and "you know how it goes". I mean, seriously, my 21 year old daughter is 160 lbs and she's been seriously training for less than a year. Granted, she's a couple inches taller, but I'm betting she squats more than you do. Pretty sure the only extra testosterone she's getting, and it pains me to say this as a father, is "second hand". Hey, that's a good idea, maybe you should try that approach.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Wow. That's some attitude for a guy with six posts. I'm assuming you're male, right? I mean, 5'7", 160 lbs after 18 years in the gym and "you know how it goes". I mean, seriously, my 21 year old daughter is 160 lbs and she's been seriously training for less than a year. Granted, she's a couple inches taller, but I'm betting she squats more than you do. Pretty sure the only extra testosterone she's getting, and it pains me to say this as a father, is "second hand". Hey, that's a good idea, maybe you should try that approach.

I second this. Go with vitamin D injections. Rectal or oral both have the same efficacy.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's the attitude that I can never respond. Inform a user that their premise is based on a misunderstanding and it results in this nasty ****ing attitude. Jesus...

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Let me try and make this simpler for you

If you take 50mg of test per week that will suppress your ability to produce testosterone on your own. If you take 400mg or 1000mg or any other dose it will do the same. Not more or less. Suppressed is suppressed.

If you think we are implying that you should take more then you are mistaken. What's being said is if you NEED trt then you will likely need more than 50mg. But that is dependent on your own response and bloodwork will measure that.

Not that it matters but I use for strength purposes specifically. My weight is controlled by my diet.

Again though you are looking for health benefits. The disruption of adding exogenous testosterone unless you are hypogonadal will cause negative health effects not provide benefit.

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
Hey another 18 years and you might break 170lbs. Personally I think you should slow down. Don't want people whispering about you're using in the gym

A bottle of cyp says this guy has an IG page selling his custom diet and training plans

New Threads