Shake vs Whole Food

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
It takes 15 seconds for me to eat that.

Haha. I didn't even say the quantity, just the weight. It is quite a bit (1140 calories). 100g of oats 1 cup of beans etc. That slows me down when I try to eat it.

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
Haha. I didn't even say the quantity, just the weight. It is quite a bit (1140 calories). 100g of oats 1 cup of beans etc. That slows me down when I try to eat it.

40 seconds then.... but cant move afterward.

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
3 whole eggs is only 18 grams of protein. If you're eating 6 meals per day, you'll miss your daily requirement.
You would have to overcompensate with other meals. 6 meals of 18 gms is only 108 grams of protein.

if I only had 3 eggs, I'd probably take a scoop of protein with it. That would give me 42 grams.

Last edited:

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Using vanilla whey makes it a complete meal. I use stevia, or sucralose if that's all I have. I also use smart balance and sometimes I use milk. I might add cinnamon.
I also include protein in some form...usually a shake.

Smash some berries into the oatmeal, just enough to cover that cardboard taste.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
When I eat oatmeal, I eat the instant packets, usually 2. I like strawberries and cream and cinnamon and sugar. Its more of a dessert for me.

Reactions: IHI

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
When I eat oatmeal, I eat the instant packets, usually 2. I like strawberries and cream and cinnamon and sugar. Its more of a dessert for me.

My best bud works at quaker, when they change over the line they can get whatever they want to take home, id said the one day i love the peaches and cream, and strawberry and cream instant oatmeal. Came home one day and there were two big garbage bags sitting on kitchen floor full of each lmfao. Then when we buy stuff thru him when Pepsico does their employee sales, its always huge quantities. Instant oatmeal-10lbs, pancake batter-case of 12, syrup-case of 12, etc....just overkill but so cheap you give extra away.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I drink a big glass of egg whites, eat a cup of oatmeal and a half cup to cup of fruit right when I wake up. Then have a protein shake and half a white bagel with some peanut butter immediately after my workout. I mix in a good tablespoon of cinnamon in my oatmeal and it works great.

Gwynn

Lady Member
Reaction score
I eat plain oatmeal with honey, do I like it? Not at all. I only do it because I know it will help me.
It's gross as f***.

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
I eat plain oatmeal with honey, do I like it? Not at all. I only do it because I know it will help me.
It's gross as f***.

Me too, but we don't eat for taste. Eating for taste is what got us in the position most of us are now.

Reaction score
Try putting a packet into a protein shake if the glaciers go well together. It's really good, only issue is you have to shake it before each sip because the oats settle at the bottom haha

Reminds me of CT Fletcher talking about how we don't eat for enjoyment we eat for the effects it'll have on the body

New Threads