First Pin

Reaction score
What's up guys, just did my first pin recently and just had some questions. I put the needle in my glute & made sure to pull back on the needle, there wasn't any blood so that was a good start. While I was pulling I noticed a bubble appear, I injected anyways as I've heard that this is supposed to happen apparently causing a vacuum. Is this true or should I worry? Also I didn't pull the needle out very smooth so there was some blood in the blue part right by the needle but there was none when I was pulling back before I injected. Is it normal to have a little blood sometimes? Especially I'm sure when it's not a smooth pull out.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Normal
Think ive aspirated twice in 5yrs

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Aspiration is not necessary

For an intra muscular injection small air bubbles are no worry

Blood and oil seeping out of the pin site is normal. Apply some pressure to the area for a few seconds

Reaction score
When I was pulling back there was a bigger air bubble that pooped up as I pulled back then went away when I started to inject

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
You will always see air bubbles in the barrel when you pull back on the plunger.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
Just wait for a gusher. Before you can grab the alcohol pad blood down your ass.
It happens. A little air is ok

BadBoys

Reaction score
Air bubbles are not harmful when injecting into the muscles. It's only when injecting in the veins this can be an issue so your ok. No need to pull back when injecting either as one as already said. Blood sometimes is normal because of vessels being touched by the needle. But it's ok to ask this is how you learn

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wait until you hit a nerve or better yet pull out and blood squirts everywhere!!

Reaction score
Just did my 3rd pin and had some blood squirt out but no pip. I was freaking out a little but this makes me feel better. Thank god for the search function and everyone who replied to this guy!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
When I was pulling back there was a bigger air bubble that pooped up as I pulled back then went away when I started to inject

It actually wasn't an air bubble, it was just empty space because you pulled back the plunger. Whatever you injected can't expand to fill the barrel, so the void is created. You're fine.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
It actually wasn't an air bubble, it was just empty space because you pulled back the plunger. Whatever you injected can't expand to fill the barrel, so the void is created. You're fine.

8B93A262-29C3-405D-9BE6-E8F1A6B8D2C5.jpeg

Schooled. 10

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Nothing to worry about
but I always aspirate at least for the delts and quads. The blood was in there after you injected not when you aspirated so all good

i was alwaus taught to aspirate but I see more and more guys saying they don’t do it now. Seems like the smart thing to do to me but I’m not medical pro

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but isn’t aspirating on a delt injection pointless? I always was told there’s really nothing you’re going to hit in the delt. It’s also my understanding that aspirating in general is an old practice that’s really not used. Can’t remember a nurse ever aspirating when giving an injection.

But on that note, wouldn’t aspirating help lower the chances of tren cough (assuming they’re on tren)?

Reaction score
Along the lines of this question with pulling back i get that you do it to see if a vein or vessel. Now there might always be a bit of blood but not much. They did not teach that pull back when they showed me how to do a shot in the doctors office...... In the event you do hit a vein or blood vessel and bleed does the gear still get in your system? I would figure it does. I have also read on one sources site taht you should keep the needle in for like 20 seconds so it does not leak? And it is a very popular source on various boards.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Hell,,,1st pin.........22 years ago...

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Just did my 3rd pin and had some blood squirt out but no pip. I was freaking out a little but this makes me feel better. Thank god for the search function and everyone who replied to this guy!

Not sure of what precise time frame you're describing here, but pip usually doesn't show up instantly. You'll know you're in the clear (for that shot) if you go 24-48 hrs with no pip. If you plan on continuing this lifestyle, resolve yourself to the fact you will have pip AT LEAST once before you stop. It can have several causes, and that business of seeing blood or not seeing blood might, but usually does not, have anything to do with pip.

New Threads