Anti-Estrogen and Intermittent fasting

Reaction score
Hi All

First some background: I am not a bodybuilder but I know much of the experimentation and insight surrounding supplements and nutrition is driven by the community so that's why I came here with my questions.
My wife and I are trying to conceive, but we found out I suffer from oligospermia (low sperm count). The urologist prescribed me an anti-estrogen, Tamoxifen, to rev up my system. After a month of this I developed really bad achilles tendinitis which I found out is a well known side effect of Tamoxifen. So I stopped taking it and decided to try to increase my Testosterone more naturally.

This led me to Intermittent fasting among other things. So I was considering whether I should start taking the Tamoxifen again (at a lower dose maybe).
But given that IF increases Testosterone and Growth hormone, I am concerned that there might be adverse effects when combined with Tamoxifen.

Do any of you have experience with combining IF with Tamoxifen? Do you think it is a good idea?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Surprised doc went for tamox in the first place. Clomid and or HCG is what you want.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Did your Urologist try to investigate the cause behind your oligospermia? Specifically, do you have any bloodwork showing your FSH & LH numbers?

Your drastically overestimating the effects of intermittent fasting or any dietary measure on testosterone. None of it will do a damn thing for increasing sperm count.
As POB said clomid, HCG & HMG are the drugs you should be looking into - Tamoxifen's effect, though positive, simply isn't strong enough in comparison. Also, keep in mind that spermatogenesis is a long term process...you'd need to give it at least 6 months to notice any improvement in sperm count and sometimes longer for conception.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
your not seeing the brightest doc, nolva, which is tamoxifen isnt the ideal sperm count booster.

clomid + HCG are. They are going to do wayyy more than tamox/nolva would.

New Threads