Crying fowl

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Well not like I need more things to do in my life but I just got some chickens 13 pullets/ 3 cockerels. Also 8 turkeys that were from a straight run so maybe 4 jennys and 4 jakes.

If you ever get a chance to raise birds; you need to get some turkeys. I'm not going to tell you that they taste better than the ButterBall you can in the store and at a cheaper price but they are so neat to have around! I normally keep one Tom as a pet. Believe it or not, unlike your children a domestic turkey will come if you call it.

Barrock chickens

AV2Q4nO.jpg

SQ7P5L9.jpg

Broad-breasted bronze turkeys

VH2F1dy.jpg

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Turkey hunting has always been my favorite, just because they love phucking with ya. If you cant get them fresh off the roost and have to stalk/call them in...theyre like a female tease. Theyll talk your ear off and you think, i got this bitch comin in, then they shut up and you cant get them to talk to ya. And when ya least expect it, there they are out flanking your ass so your afraid to move to turn around and see the line of bird who just out smarted ya to see what you really are lol

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cool Snake, I have some chickens we raised as chicks, in a small coop/greenhouse. My kids love them and I like the real eggs. I have enough turkies in my life. Some day I'm getting some land and going full settler mode.

Reaction score
Turkey hunting has always been my favorite, just because they love phucking with ya. If you cant get them fresh off the roost and have to stalk/call them in...theyre like a female tease. Theyll talk your ear off and you think, i got this bitch comin in, then they shut up and you cant get them to talk to ya. And when ya least expect it, there they are out flanking your ass so your afraid to move to turn around and see the line of bird who just out smarted ya to see what you really are lol

Exactly !!!!

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Some cute little fuks.. I like chicken

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I see what you did there...crying fowl... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
Hey when they get big enough, come on over and we'll go Ol' school Rocky style and try and catch them! lol

Please share the video of this Snake. Ha!

Had a Tom, like you said they're almost pet like.
Brought some hens in and he decided I was trying to **** his girls I guess.
I had to beat his ass with a rubber hose and 5 gallon bucket!
Now that woulda been a video!

Critters are weird. I've seen geese take up with dogs and act exactly like them, in all regards. Napping, guarding, pack like mentality...

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
When my daughter was little she used to come with me down to the ranch and feed store and pick out chicks, good god we were there for hours it seemed until she picked all the right ones. If she would have had her way we would've had literally hundreds of chickens! Truthfully I miss that though, and there is nothing wrong with running a chicken ranch my friend....lol!

Reactions: IHI

RustyShackelford

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The last time we bought chickens my daughter got a turkey. Turned out to be a white domestic turkey. She named it larry. Still called it larry even after it started laying eggs. That damn thing lived about 5 years, got up to about 40lbs, and would come running to you when you called him/her.
Coolest bird I've ever had on the farm.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
My Dad grew up on a farm. He used to bring dates home to see the baby chickens. He'd ask if they wanted to hold one. Of course yes, and of course he knew what would happen. He'd scoop the chick up quick, put it in their hand where it wold immediately poop. Thinking Dad didn't get a lot of second dates.

Redrum1327

Elite
Reaction score
my kid was younger he wanted chickens bc his gpa had some so I caved, they were pretty cool and made it through the -20 to -25 winter and into spring to be picked off one at a time by a coyote. I got the last laugh tho. the last one died 3 days after an attempted attack so I filled it with blocks of rat poison and came out the next day and the hole chicken was gone. my neighbor found a dead coyote in his yard a day or 2 later. idk if it was the one eating his chickens but i tell myself it was. thank God my kid didn't want to get anymore. they're cool birds I just don't want to go through that with my kid again. late nights sitting at the window with the .22. was a long month and a half.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a small black cock, but then again that's unheard of.

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
My turkey would come when I called him. From 300 yards away, you could see him wobbling through the pasture to come see me. When he lost his mate, he got a little mean with people but always good to me. Sometimes he tried mounting the kids when they were trying to feed the chickens. Have a pic somewhere of him on my daughters' back (while she's fixing the fence) with his wings wide open, going at it. lol. We named him Mr. Snood because of obvious reasons.

New Threads