Anybody here with high blood pressure??

turbobusa

Reaction score
Never had high bp till very recent. Went trough some xtreme stress and started getting bad headaches.
190/130. Trying to regroup and bring it down without meds. Have any of you had it up high and brought it down naturally? Thanks, T

Reaction score
Hey yah I have the same blood pressure 190/130. I go to the doc once a month to keep it watched. He said it might be contributed to my stress and weight gain. He wouldn't be so worried about it if I was 20 but 190 is border line high for me being 42. He said to diet and work out which I do but I think my stress is causing it.

Actually I think I was 190 over 120? I don't remember but it is border line and not good for my age he says.
Never had high bp till very recent. Went trough some xtreme stress and started getting bad headaches.
190/130. Trying to regroup and bring it down without meds. Have any of you had it up high and brought it down naturally? Thanks, T

Marshall

Reaction score
Mine slowly went up over the years. I really need to check it. It was borderline high about a year and a half ago. Nothing that needed meds at the time, but still need to keep a check on it.

Reaction score
Turbo, find ways to keep your stress down. I like going for fast walks. That helps me if I am stressed out + the cardio will help your BP. It helps me. When you do cardio, those blood vessel walls begin to relax to allow better circulation. Eat foods high in potassium content (plain baked potatoes and bananas are good examples) and keep sodium intake down. I also supplement with fish oil and sesame oil.

turbobusa

Reaction score
As usual i can count on my good brothers here at ugbb. Thanks for the input guys. I have a bad habit of abandoning my care of self when I get overloaded with everyone elses needs. Thanks guys, T

Marshall

Reaction score
Ya, EFA's are good. They probably save me. I've taken 6-8 grams per day for nearly 20 years now (way before they were popular to use).

turbobusa

Reaction score
Thanks Marsh i'm getting my nutrition back on track and that will include efa's... Bp is already coming down as i just got past 3 very stressful hurdles...
Thanks, T

Marshall

Reaction score
Hey thank you for the thread. It's a good reminder that I need to check mine, it's been probably a year and a half. I hope it's down a bit.

Jim550

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
watch your sodium, might want to supp some low dose aspirin 81mg, efa's like stated above I recommend fish oil the most, keep the diet clean and do some cardio and you'll probably be surprised how fast it can drop.

basskiller

Elite
Reaction score
I have Tinnitus which when my blood pressure rises, The ringing sometimes gets louder. It it rises alot, It's unbearable.