Training ruts

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am a guy that gets stuck on something that works, but as we know eventually a change is needed for the muscle and the mind.

So why do I end up in my set and rep scheme time after time? How does a guy break that routine?

WTF is this RUT of resisting change when change always bring about that nice sore feeling and change in musculature and body composition?

I really need some psychology here or just a kick in the ass, help a Bro out ;-)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Try switching to an actual program rather than just the usual split that most BBers do. I stopped doing the split routine a few months back and I don't miss it at all... It started when I tried out Sheiko for the 1st time. Put on a TON of mass and was eating like a horse again.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Try switching to an actual program rather than just the usual split that most BBers do. I stopped doing the split routine a few months back and I don't miss it at all... It started when I tried out Sheiko for the 1st time. Put on a TON of mass and was eating like a horse again.

I'll look into that, thank Bro.

Z

Zeek

I find it helps to preplan your work out before you get into the gym Mike. Even if it is just in your head and you don't want to walk around with a pad and paper in the gym.

Light days vs heavy days are also nice because they kick the body into reaction mode.

New Threads