Dave Hoff's Amazing 1270 squat

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well the only amazing part of it is that it somehow got three white lights...

Hoff should be embarrassed as should IPA for passing this Turd of a squat. High as **** and no control over it at the top.

Fortunately it didn't count as the new WR because he bombed on bench...

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
And this isn't about equipped PL before some tool goes on a ****ing spaz out over it.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lmfao Matt Wenning went off on a tangent about this saying it's a disgrace and one of the reasons he left equipped lifting. The pic seemed bad but the video is so much worse.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Wow. It doesn't even look like he fully locked it out, then falls backwards. That's pathetic

But what makes it ok is that he bombed out on bench hahaha.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
And is that single or multi? 1270 is ridiculous.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's multi-ply. And is it just me or are his legs small as shit compared to his body?

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Watch is again and watch the bar movement. It moves seriously about five inches.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You have to watch close to even see his knee angle shift.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow. It doesn't even look like he fully locked it out, then falls backwards. That's pathetic

But what makes it ok is that he bombed out on bench hahaha.

Nope according to IPA rules he keeps the squat record.

The fighting on Hoff's Facebook is hysterical. Why guys defend this shit is beyond me. They aren't attacking Hoff. Just the lift and the judges.

But hoff didn't turn the lift down either which shows no integrity.

He goes head to head with Brian Carroll in June at APF nationals. I say we all show up there and get like 30 vids from the side hip height so nobody can use the old "it's the angle" nonsense.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Matt did say videos are what killed westside lol
He makes good points. When you have some cat that can squat 800+ pounds in a suit but cant squat 500 raw, that's an issue. As he put it, he could go into any commercial gym and smoke any person on any lift at any time raw. The gear was just a fun and extreme way to lift even more. Raw lifting with free weight was still the foundation of their strength. Now days most geared lifters just don't seem to have that raw strength. There has to be a piece of equipment or an accessory for every single lift. This isn't 100% the case but it is the majority.
I've got nothing against geared lifting at all. I think it's extreme as **** and a whole different beast. But it's shit like this that makes them get laughed at.

New Threads