Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 924 Posts
    Focus on healing man. Work what you can with bench and other shit but priority should be recovery.
    Don't be a pussy. Crack a high life. Pack a dip. Listen. Beat your ol' lady. Pet your dog.
    Cornelius Coanbread J. Oliver

Thanks
    I saw the 4th doctor today, a surgeon who specializes in hernias. Luckily, it is not a sports hernia. However, it is a completely torn adductor longus where it attaches to the pelvis. He wants me to work on PT for 1 to 2 YEARS before we resort to surgery. He said he does not think that muscle will ever be as strong as it once was after this kind of tear and he hinted all around that I will never be able to squat heavy again.

So, he referred me to a PT and gave me a bunch of exercises to do with a time table for recovery.

This is such a shitty day.

Thanks
    Cant squat even with a narrow stance? Should be a lot easier on the adductors.
    Don't be a pussy. Crack a high life. Pack a dip. Listen. Beat your ol' lady. Pet your dog.

Thanks
    Narrow stance is what I was doing when I got hurt.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan11 View Post
    I saw the 4th doctor today, a surgeon who specializes in hernias. Luckily, it is not a sports hernia. However, it is a completely torn adductor longus where it attaches to the pelvis. He wants me to work on PT for 1 to 2 YEARS before we resort to surgery. He said he does not think that muscle will ever be as strong as it once was after this kind of tear and he hinted all around that I will never be able to squat heavy again.

So, he referred me to a PT and gave me a bunch of exercises to do with a time table for recovery.

This is such a shitty day.
    Thats awful news. I'm sorry that you're dealing with that. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. Keep your chin up, you never know; doctors can be wrong and patients can surprise doctors with determination and hard work.
    Bigorexia is real.
    And you're too small.

Thanks
    Today I saw a third surgeon for a third opinion. This guy was THE guy for adductor injuries.

The news was not good. The adductor longus is torn almost completely accross. It is slowly healing but will never be as strong as it was. If I ever squat heavy again I risk a total tear in which case surgery can not be performed and the muscle will remain seperated for the rest of my life. If that happens it is not the end of the world for walking because I have two other adductor muscles, but it would likely be the end of lifting and other physical demanding hobbies I have
    His recommendation is to never attempt another squat PR
    He said keep training but not do any sets of squats with less than 10 reps. He told me to watch a bunch of Kelly Starrett video and WORK ON MOBILITY. He gave me some other adductor mobility exercises and told me the most important thing to prevent future injury is mobility there.
    I live a very active active lifestyle with the main passion in my life being riding quads. I need my adductor for that and for my job.

So, I am going to hang up my dream of doing a meet one day in an effort to have a lifetime of other physical activities. I will be 2/3 powerlifter and 1/3 bodybuilder. I am sure the change in squat training will drag down my dead lift, but it is what it is.

Thanks
    Terrible news man. But at least you can still train.

Thanks
    Today, at 5 months since injury, was my first lift with a belt. It felt good.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nissan11 For This Useful Post:

Gibsonator (08-11-2017)

Thanks
    Looks good! Glad to see you still working out and that it is not hurting.

Thanks
    Glad you are back at it. Stay strong

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,but anyone can start today and make a new ending

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123