Wrist straps ?

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of wrist wraps unless I'm benching, squatting and ohp heavy. That's usually deep into my sets. I have strong wrists and forearms. If you become too reliant on wraps you run the risk of weakening your wrists.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Not a fan of wrist wraps unless I'm benching, squatting and ohp heavy. That's usually deep into my sets. I have strong wrists and forearms. If you become too reliant on wraps you run the risk of weakening your wrists.

i get that man as with a belt or sleeves. will only be using them on heavier sets when necessary

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Gone through several pairs of the Sheiks. Currently using the sling shot wrist wraps.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Gone through several pairs of the Sheiks. Currently using the sling shot wrist wraps.

i was considering those, first pair i came upon say "gangsta" on them and for that reason i was out lol

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Those ones jen posted are good and all but not for heavy lifting. U can't get enough support out of those. U need atleast 3 revolutions to get a good casting from a wrap on a wrist.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
i was considering those, first pair i came upon say "gangsta" on them and for that reason i was out lol

There are four or five different sets they have. Only the one set sais gangsta. I wouldn't get those either

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
i use the slingshots.. they are good so far..

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
There are four or five different sets they have. Only the one set sais gangsta. I wouldn't get those either

Everybody likes Gangsta Wraps.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Imo it's a genetic thing that many people overlook. I have horribly weak wrists when pressing but above average forearms and a damn good grip. I'd put money down on out pulling anyone on this board double overhand.
But get on the bench and I can't go over 225 without cast wraps. They just roll right over.

As far far as my choice in wraps... I like em stiff and thick. Allhomo.
Pioneer silver beast are great for cast. Currently using Cerberus Extreme. They're pretty crazy; takes everything I got to crank them on.

New Threads