Wrist straps ?

Reaction score
Had a bad fall two weeks ago and have a my wrist killing me since , but I can't keep that from me getting in the gym I've been doing.more legs lately to keep from it healing but I have to get my upper in !! Will wrist straps help as much as they can to keep it tight and help with healing ? I've heard bad and good things about wrist straps ?

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
You mean wraps? There's nothing wrong with them. Just don't use them until you need to.

Reaction score
I knew the won't fix a problem but more or less maybe help with a problem. Thanks

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wrist straps work great, but I would get medical attention and allow yourself to heal.

Had a bad fall two weeks ago and have a my wrist killing me since , but I can't keep that from me getting in the gym I've been doing.more legs lately to keep from it healing but I have to get my upper in !! Will wrist straps help as much as they can to keep it tight and help with healing ? I've heard bad and good things about wrist straps ?

Georgia

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Wrist used to hurt like hell during barbell curls and bench press. I wrap that junk super tight and I have been okay. It eventually healed and the wraps allowed me to continue working out, albeit in slight pain and not severe pain.

Reaction score
I have a bad wrist, so much so that I can't bench or military press without it being wrapped.

The cheapest and best solution I have found is just get one of those cheap brown Velcro wraps that only go around the wrist once. Then just get athletic tape and wrap around that a couple times. You can adjust the tension on the tape to what fits you best.

You can get the wrap for like $2 and 3 rolls of the athletic tape for like $3 all from Walmart. For $5 bucks you get enough to last for a year at least.

Reaction score
Funny you say that cause I did just that and used the black athletic tape over it and it's been doing really well that's KS for all the help

zuzulo

Reaction score
Any wraps arround a joint help if the joint is causing pain. I kickboxed for over 6 years and ****ed up a knee, when i do legs i wrap my knee and it doesnt heart nearly as much as without wraps.

Fat Gig

Reaction score
I allways use wrist wraps for bench or DB bench.My joints were hurting i know its not good to rely on them but ive found scince i started using them i feel a little more sturdy but im worried there actully weakening my wrist or that ill come to depend on them.However they have helpd.Just my 2 cents

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting some myself, after heavy benching my left forearm hurts like a mofo, think that would help alleviate some stress

Reaction score
after falling of my scrambler when young. I could not ,and can not,and will not train without wrist wraps.helps me 100%

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting some wrist straps preferrably in the $50 & under range, any suggestions fellas?

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting some wrist straps preferrably in the $50 & under range, any suggestions fellas?
they not that much. I use the bear range. Loads out there .good pair for under 15 bucks.. mine were only $6 have lasted the journey

New Threads