Another new guy

Reaction score
Hello, recently found this site and registered and was waiting till I got my labs to post.

Background info:

46 years old. Been active and lifted weights since college. Got serious about Lifting again about a year and half ago. Have noticed that I'm getting older and it hurts more recovering and didn't have near the energy I used to when younger.

Decided to go to one of those men's health clinics and see what they could do. Found out they pretty much just want your money and they'll give you testosterone....

They started me on 200mg Test per week before I even had my first labs back. After my first month of TRT I went back for another lab draw and they left me on 200mg per week and I didn't have to go back for 6 months so I decided I would do a 12 week cycle or "blast".

I have never did AAS before so this is my first cycle and I have made great gains in size and strength.

I just received my labs I did on my own and I am on week 7 of my cycle.

I am pinning 600mg Test Cyp. per week. I am actually doing 200mg every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Not sure why it just seems to work the way I am doing it.

Wanted to post my labs and see what everyone thought. I know my E2 is a little high but wondering if my Test is also too high?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and yeah my levels weren't as low as I thought they would be when I started but like I said, since I'm paying the clinic they're giving me the meds.

Before starting TRT labs:
Test 648
E 38.8

1st month Labs: 200mg per week
Test 1279
E 8.6

7 weeks into cycle Labs I just received: 600mg per week pinning 200mg on sund, tues, thurs.
Test 3749
E 49

I have been taking arimidex 1mg twice weekly and I'm going to bump that up to three times a week.

Is my Test too high or where it should be? Will taking an extra arimidex get my E down? I don't have any bloat or any other side effects going on other than cholesterol has gone up some.

No certain goals other than to just pack on muscle and stay injury free. After my 12 week cycle I'll drop down to the TRT dose of 200mg per week.

So far in 7 weeks I have put on 17lbs to my current weight of 218. I'm a little heavy but my BF has gone down from 19.6% to 16.7%, Bench press has gone up 60lbs and squat up 90lbs. That's not maxes either just my last set for those exercises I'm using that much more weight. I'm 6' if that matters.

Thanks

Last edited:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
So far in 7 weeks I have put on 17lbs to my current weight of 218. I'm a little heavy but my BF has gone down from 19.6% to 16.7%, Bench press has gone up 60lbs and squat up 90lbs. That's not maxes either just my last set for those exercises I'm using that much more weight. I'm 6' if that matters.

Thanks

Some quick math that jumps out at me. Body weight up 17 lbs and you lost 3% BF nets you about 23 lbs of muscle and water in 7 weeks. Add in 60 lbs to your bench training and 90 lbs to your squat training.... well it just seems like a lot.

Any chance you have a before and after pic within that 7 weeks? I really need to know what your doing. That's some serious gains even if they are beginner gains.

Reaction score
My weight and bf drop are actually from the beginning of TRT therapy. So actually from a month at 200mg per week plus 7 weeks at 600mg per week.

My strength gains have just been from the 7 week cycle though.

I have a few pics I'll try and post sometime when get back from this trip.

But yeah even people I work with have really noticed the change in me. Not to mention I am having to buy Bigger cloths. Hopefully with my diet I won't lose much when I finish this cycle.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Why don't you start something in the Member's Online Journal forum here? That way you're not putting everything in your into post which by the way was nice and detailed. It speaks loudly when someone take the time to do an into like you did. I and I'm sure others would like to follow your progress. My big gain days are behind me so I live vicariously through people like yourself.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG, great first post. Looks like you got some great beginner gains.... I wish it was like that every time.....

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Newbie gainz FTW. Welcome.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. You scored a hat trick 1) low T to normal T 2) Blast 3) beginner gains. Keep crushing it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.

I will post my log when I get home from this trip so others can follow what I'm doing and my "Newb" gains.

But can one of you veterans let me know if my Test is too high? I am kind of getting scared that's it's so much higher than max normal? Thinking maybe I should skip a weeks dose and then resume?

Or are my elevated level just fine? Sorry Ive read where a couple people had levels around 2500 but I couldn't find any other values as to what levels have been mid cycle.

Thanks

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.

I will post my log when I get home from this trip so others can follow what I'm doing and my "Newb" gains.

But can one of you veterans let me know if my Test is too high? I am kind of getting scared that's it's so much higher than max normal? Thinking maybe I should skip a weeks dose and then resume?

Or are my elevated level just fine? Sorry Ive read where a couple people had levels around 2500 but I couldn't find any other values as to what levels have been mid cycle.

Thanks

Well I wouldn't consider myself a Vet but I will give you my thoughts.

First off, if you are doing TRT, it's more about the way you feel then a number but most people find satisfaction around the 800 mark. Now for the most part, if you're pushing over 1,200 you're cruising. When you start pinning 600 mg of Test for a given number of weeks, it's a cycle. Of course, this is just my opinion and other guys my tell you differently. If you're cycling and on 600 mg of test, you should expect to be at 2500 min cycle.

Reaction score
Well I wouldn't consider myself a Vet but I will give you my thoughts.

First off, if you are doing TRT, it's more about the way you feel then a number but most people find satisfaction around the 800 mark. Now for the most part, if you're pushing over 1,200 you're cruising. When you start pinning 600 mg of Test for a given number of weeks, it's a cycle. Of course, this is just my opinion and other guys my tell you differently. If you're cycling and on 600 mg of test, you should expect to be at 2500 min cycle.

Thanks Snake!

So you don't see a concern with my levels at 3700+ now mid cycle? I'd like to continue pinning 600mg for another 5 weeks but at the same time I don't want to not wake up one morning from over dosing on Test if that's possible. I'm feeling great now and I was also feeling like a 25yo when my levels were at 1100 on the TRT. Just want to finish this cycle and then drop back down to around 1100 mark.

All my other labs are normal, no high blood pressure elevated markers, etc.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Enjoy!

GotClen

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. You did not waste much time "upping the dose" did you.
Make sure you are eating enough to support your new gains. Best of luck.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks Snake!

So you don't see a concern with my levels at 3700+ now mid cycle? I'd like to continue pinning 600mg for another 5 weeks but at the same time I don't want to not wake up one morning from over dosing on Test if that's possible. I'm feeling great now and I was also feeling like a 25yo when my levels were at 1100 on the TRT. Just want to finish this cycle and then drop back down to around 1100 mark.

All my other labs are normal, no high blood pressure elevated markers, etc.

This is a good thing while on a blast. Do not be concerned.

Last edited:

New Threads