Sleep Anxiety, need opinion

HeiseTX

Reaction score
First off I'm male, 31yrs old

never drink, dont smoke, no chronic illnesses, eat a whole food diet, fresh/local/non gmo.

Recently, Ive found it difficult to sleep soundly for 7 + hours. Normally, I sleep 9-10 hours. Difference is now I tend to wake up between 2-4 hours and find it hard to fall back asleep when I'd normally just either fall back asleep or sleep through.

I eventually do fall back asleep say I go to bed at 1am wake at 4am go to sleep at 6 or 7am wake up at 9am then try to sleep but stay in bed til 11 or 12pm. (my normal schedule is fall asleep at 2 or 3am sleep til 1-12pm.)

Also, I get a weird feeling or sensation of falling/sinking feeling in my stomach soon as im drifting off to sleep. it wakes me out of it. atlesdt 3-4 times when I try to get back to sleep.

Thing is I dont feel sleepy next day...I feel an inbetween feeling; never alert but not sleepy, an anxious middle ground, low mood/can do labor but not fresh alert awake feeling...also like I look like i need sleep, imo.

Past 2 weeks I quit pre workouts and creatine to give my kidneys/adrenals a break... I did use one past sunday and had coffee today.

Sunday I worked legs and it was a hard workout to get through. I was fatiguing with less weight, urinated like 10 times, had BO, breathing heavy/felt narrow throat but afterward felt elated a bit...then walked 7 miles went to sleep at 3am and may have woken up and felt/looked like shit next day. ( pale, dry skin, dark circles, ruddy skin,)

is this high cortisol? anemia? fatigue? low test? hypo thyroid? or male somatopause?

takes me an extra day to recover.

should i start looking at cortisol test or blood panel?

is it pre workout stimulant withdrawls, as Ive relied on them for years to get tbru workouts, only taking breaks when broke or they quit working.

thanks.

Lilo

Trusted Lady
Reaction score
You have sleep maintenance insomnia and the falling sensation that wakes you up sounds like a hypnic jerk. Almost everyone experiences that at some point, so it is very common. What is uncommon though is to have it every time you fall asleep. Yes, it can be due to anxiety, it can be due to caffeine, workout frequency and intensity, it can be a health reason.

This will sound weird but try not to stress about not being able to sleep right. It will only give you more anxiety and contribute to lower sleep quality. Death spiral there.

What I would suggest is google "sleep hygiene", do that, make sure everything is right and in order for you to have a restful sleep. If that doesn't work, go see a doctor.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would say get some GMO in your diet. Its probably depression cause your life has this void in it that can only be filled with pop tarts and cheese nips.

I say this only because we can't diagnose things. You need to see a physician and/or a psychotherapist.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I'm going with the lack of Cheetos thing.

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
Make yourself a couple strong cocktails about an HR before bed, works for me every time

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As Lilo said, chill out! For me personally, if I'm laying in bed telling myself to fall asleep it makes it worse. Get in an EXACT routine and stick with it to the letter. I think that will help.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Two words: Stomach. Pancakes.

Sleep well, M8

Fat Gig

Reaction score
I am an aefull sleeper.Even changing or taking out something that is normally in your routien even if its something unhealthy can alter/mess with your normal sleep patter.I allso have tbe dreams of falling etc while dozing off to sleep.Allso could be things going on round and round in your head while your asleep IE stress at work family anything.My doctor perscibed me sleeping pills and i took a course of them they put me out for sure but was allmost like a zombie when the started to kick in but if the sleep thing still not right for you maybe get down the quack for a yarn

Reaction score
its your kidneys. too many stimulants weaken them (adrenals are connected to them), causing anxiety and restlessness. Dont drink coffee or take any stimulants and don't think about it. Let us know how you feel. I am going through the same thing because I stopped HRT 8 weeks ago and ridden with anxiety

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For a while i would wake up every 2hrs. What helped was changing out to a temperpedic memory foam mattress and pillow. When i needed to sleep because i had to and was too wired to. I take 2 shots and then 2more with ice and sip.
Puts me right out.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For a while i would wake up every 2hrs. What helped was changing out to a temperpedic memory foam mattress and pillow. When i needed to sleep because i had to and was too wired to. I take 2 shots and then 2more with ice and sip.
Puts me right out.

My wifes friend also has insomnia and goes the herbal? Natural? Route. Does teas with mellow stuff or something and the candles idk wtf is up with it but she claims it helps.

Reaction score
My wifes friend also has insomnia and goes the herbal? Natural? Route. Does teas with mellow stuff or something and the candles idk wtf is up with it but she claims it helps.

Try some of the sleepy time tea - not kidding at all. Also, a tiny sip of something warm about 15 minutes before bed. This is a constant problem with many. Glad we're talking about it.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Ummm. Weed. It's the only way I sleep 8 hrs

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Melatonin... jerking off.. herb... new mattress/pillow.. ambien.. not necessarily in that order but all good ways that seem to help me get some sleep. Lol

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Smoke a joint, eat something tasty, fall asleep watching something funny.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
What’s your training like?
i get like that when I am over training or under eating and my body is stressed usually a few days off and a few days of good eatin helped me. Yours could be caused me a diff issue. Just me 2 cents

New Threads