**TRIGGER WARNING*** Words & Phrases That Are Buggin & Illin

andy

Elite
Reaction score
"Natty"

Just interrupting a dialog and jumping in with a text "I used to be this or that and do this or that"

generally giving they advice when im not asking for one. its getting on my nerves.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
It is what it is
Everything happens for a reason
Ok I do use a form of that, mostly when someone isn't holding up to their part of a deal. "It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't" (Save me the grammar speech, it's just a saying)

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Ok I do use a form of that, mostly when someone isn't holding up to their part of a deal. "It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't" (Save me the grammar speech, it's just a saying)
Whenever I hear it is what it is The fucking song epic from Faith no More pops in my head. In the song he says what is it?

And everything happens for a reason yeah you got in a car wreck because your tires were bald and you didn't change them When the auto repair center recommended them, that's the reason, not some divine intervention for you to get a new car

cavorite

Reaction score
Whenever I hear it is what it is The fucking song epic from Faith no More pops in my head. In the song he says what is it?

I haven’t thought about that song since 1990. The video doesn’t hold up so well

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Thankfully I know no more kid slang. Told daughter if she uses slang normal people will think she is mentally disabled

What about there being a time and place for everything?

For most people, the way they talk with their friends at the gym, bar, mall, etc is not the way they will be talking in a professional setting.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
What about there being a time and place for everything?

For most people, the way they talk with their friends at the gym, bar, mall, etc is not the way they will be talking in a professional setting.
Logically I would agree but my social interaction is limited so my personal bias takes over. Part of it could be me not understanding it and not wanting to learn it. Another part of me says why when there's already words that exist that mean the same thing. When we were kids slang usually came from the counterculture now slang comes from people trying to be special. Perhaps it would not irritate me so much if as a country our reading and writing has improved on the world stage but it's actually decreased so we can't even get the fucking basics correct.

New Threads