**TRIGGER WARNING*** Words & Phrases That Are Buggin & Illin

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
"good looking out" bruh

rather thanks for taking care of me

or watching out for me

Where I used to work, every fresh out of college management trainee spent their first 3 months with me. This one kid would say "good looks". Took me a while to figure out what the hell he meant.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I finished reading this thread. Man, you guys get triggered easily :32 (18):

Reaction score
SUS - overused meme
Sheesh - overused meme
Zaza - meme now used as a term for weed
damn I'm out of touch and I'm only 25.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
When someone uses the word "seriously" as if it were a question. It's an adverb you English failing simpleton. It's the equivalent of Ebonics but on a Beverly Hills scale.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
When someone uses the word "seriously" as if it were a question. It's an adverb you English failing simpleton. It's the equivalent of Ebonics but on a Beverly Hills scale.

Hmmm. We do the same thing in Japanese. Not making any point. Just making an observation.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Hmmm. We do the same thing in Japanese. Not making any point. Just making an observation.

I don't know anything about Japanese grammar but in English, the proper response would be "are you serious". Seriously used alone is not even a proper sentence much less proper grammar as it isn't even a descriptive question.

There is no proper response or proper answer for the statement "seriously".

If you were to walk up to a random person and say the word seriously by itself, the next logical response would be what the fuk are you talking about?

The same can be said with using the word seriously as a response. It's no different than answering a question with a sneeze. The dialogue is now dead and if a new conversation is not started you either walk away or punch the dumbass who said it.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Japanese grammar but in English, the proper response would be "are you serious". Seriously used alone is not even a proper sentence much less proper grammar as it isn't even a descriptive question.

There is no proper response or proper answer for the statement "seriously".

If you were to walk up to a random person and say the word seriously by itself, the next logical response would be what the fuk are you talking about?

The same can be said with using the word seriously as a response. It's no different than answering a question with a sneeze. The dialogue is now dead and if a new conversation is not started you either walk away or punch the dumbass who said it.

Yes, you make a very valid point. And Japanese grammar makes it a more appropriate response here.

Japanese is a very contextual and often non precise language. We are able include a subject but mostly it’s assumed by context.

If I’m hanging out with a bunch of friends and I want to ask them if they want to eat I’ll just say 食べる?(tah-bae-roo)with a higher intonation at the end so they know it’s a question.

食べるalone just is the word for “eat”. It could mean. I eat, you, eat, we eat, they eat, or with that intonation do you want to eat, do we want to eat, do they want to eat etc.

So just saying the word “eat” can have a variety of meanings.

Same with マジ?(mah-gee)

You don’t need a subject. It could mean are you serious? Are they serious? Is this seriously happening? Etc.

This makes Japanese seem like a very simple language and in some ways the use of
it is pretty simple. But it’s a real bitch to learn:)

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Yes, you make a very valid point. And Japanese grammar makes it a more appropriate response here.

Japanese is a very contextual and often non precise language. We are able include a subject but mostly it’s assumed by context.

If I’m hanging out with a bunch of friends and I want to ask them if they want to eat I’ll just say 食べる?(tah-bae-roo)with a higher intonation at the end so they know it’s a question.

食べるalone just is the word for “eat”. It could mean. I eat, you, eat, we eat, they eat, or with that intonation do you want to eat, do we want to eat, do they want to eat etc.

Same with マジ?(mah-gee)

You don’t need a subject. It could mean are you serious? Are they serious? Is this seriously happening? Etc.

This makes Japanese seem like a very simple language and in some ways the use of

Tell me about. I’m still learning.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score

Same with マジ?(mah-gee)

I have only heard Japanese spoken in movies but I have always liked the sound of it. Much like German, when I hear it spoken, no matter who the words are spoken from, it sounds powerful.

Every samurai that has ever spoken Japanese in the movies sounds like he is scolding someone, even when he is just telling his wife that he loves her. A language that powerful sparks my interest.

I am a huge Rammstein fan. I originally started liking them because of how powerful the words sounded and liked them more when I actually began to understand what he was saying...but that is another story.

I derailed my point once again lol. My point is that English has a set of basic grammar rules that is taught or at least was taught when I went to school. Even Croatian language(yes I am, for those who don't know) has a set of grammar rules to follow when speaking. Those who don't follow those basic rules are not native speakers 99% of the time.

I know that several languages in the orient have words that change meaning with different pitches or tones. I have seen this in different Chinese dialects like Mandarin and Cantonese .

Last edited:

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
I have only heard Japanese spoken in movies but I have always liked the sound of it. Much like German, when I hear it spoken, no matter who the words are spoken from, it sounds powerful.

Every samurai that has ever spoken Japanese in the movies sounds like he is scolding someone, even when he is just telling his wife that he loves her. A language that powerful sparks my interest.

I am a huge Rammstein fan. I originally started liking them because of how powerful the words sounded and liked them more when I actually began to understand what he was saying...but that is another story.

I derailed my point once again lol. My point is that English has a set of basic grammar rules that is taught or at least was taught when I went to school. Even Croatian language(yes I am, for those who don't know) has a set of grammar rules to follow when speaking. Those who don't follow those basic rules are not native speakers 99% of the time.

I know that several languages in the orient have words that change meaning with different pitches or tones. I have seen this in different Chinese dialects like Mandarin and Cantonese .

Hroatska! Sweet deal

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
Good one
how about, with all due respect....
Every now and then I like a tell a POS, with all due respect, go fuq yourself!
It bothers me when people say “ima be honest with you”…. Which leads me to question absolutely everything else they’ve ever said.. as though he wasn’t being honest before that..

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
on my whatever it may be :

mama

grandma

etc.

like anyone gives a fuck if you'd

throw whoever's in front of a bus

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Ghetto slang. I hate most rap music with a passion because of it.

“like” and”umm”I stopped talking to an old friend because every other word was like or umm and it drove me nuts.
“Fur kids” or “fur babies”
When someone refers to their significant other as their person.
Stupid fucking pronouns and genders
Calling fat, disgusting, bitches thick or healthy.
Husky… nope you’re just fat.
Lantinx
Irregardless
Ayy
No offense but…..
Lay it at the feet of Jesus.
I’ll pray for you

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
This isn't so much a word that bugs me it's kids that grew up in very rural areas that have only listened to music and see an urban environment on television talking like they grew up there. I grew up in New York and Jersey , moved to Maine , and the slang using wanna-be's just make me want to lose it. You're 17 , never been south of Bangor , whiter than a jar of mayonaise , when I say something you approve of , don't tell me ,, "fo shizzle" cuz theres 90% chance that todays forecast will turn cloudy with a chance of pain.

Reaction score
Anything related to viruses, vaccines, and pandemics are triggers for me now, I'm so fucking sick of it all.

When someone says bougie. wtf does it even mean. a bougie is an intubation tool, but these tools dont know that.

When someone is talking and they say "right?".
Example "one day i was walking down the street, right? And this car passed by me, right? and the dog in the car had his head out the window, right?"
And all i can say is yea.... while i'm thinking i have no damn clue, this is your story.

New Threads