Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Elite
    Thanks
    Sex before bed works for me.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dex For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (03-28-2017),NbleSavage (04-09-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Lilo's suggestion in another thread about 'sleep hygiene' really got me thinking about locking down my sleep patterns. I've been functioning on low sleep (avg 5.5 hours a night for years due to long stressful graveyard shifts and caffeine abuse. but I have to admit that is surf to much and half ass watch tv when I'm having trouble sleeping which probably only makes things worse. I know It's a huge hindrance to training and growth as well as mental function.
    I've been thinking about forcing myself to wear something over my eyes after a certain time and practicing non movement. Adding to that I'm going to have valerian root on hand when I can't stop thinking or I'm having flashbacks of people screaming and stuff.. valerian has been good to me but it's definitely not good for everyday or prolonged use.
    Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has had bad sleep habits and actually fixed them..I think it really comes down to willpower for the most part. I'm willing to accept that day sleeping will never be quite as good as night sleeping but I still believe if I really try I can get in to a good stable 7 hour cycle. Thoughts?
    Apologies if this is rambling or incoherent; I've been up 22 hours and I'm ****ed up on espresso because it's my first day off :/
    Rich Piranha takes Xanny haha. But seriously stay away from that toxic shit. Try magnesium. MNost problems people have come from lack of vitamins and/or minerals. Vitadmin D is a big one. Since i take it regullary my sleep and overall mental health is way better.
    Last edited by zuzulo; 03-28-2017 at 03:56 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zuzulo For This Useful Post:

Mythos (03-28-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,644 Times in 2,113 Posts
    The only thing I do wrong is have the TV on in bed. I just can't not have it on so what I do it set the sleep timer for 2 hours.

Not being 21 anymore doesn't help but the big factor and I don't care what anyone says, having children! Every good parent will tell you how they sleep with one ear down the hall. 30 years ago, you could have dropped a bomb and I wouldn't have flinched. Now I'm throwing the sheets off with the sound of a single cough.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

Mythos (03-28-2017)

Thanks
    If you are on your phone or computer a lot I would recommend installing a blue light filter. I'll spare you the lengthy write up and just tell you to read up on how blue light waves affect you and you'll understand
    StrengthFirst

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to widehips71 For This Useful Post:

j2048b (04-09-2017),Mythos (04-01-2017)

Thanks
    What i forgot: HTP-5 and L-Tryptophan helped me alot with sleep. Specially on Tren. I think Onnit produces a supplement with HTP and L-Tr. The stuff Joe Rogan advertises. But iam sure you can get it somewhere else too if you dont like Onnit.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zuzulo For This Useful Post:

Mythos (04-01-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zuzulo View Post
    What i forgot: HTP-5 and L-Tryptophan helped me alot with sleep. Specially on Tren. I think Onnit produces a supplement with HTP and L-Tr. The stuff Joe Rogan advertises. But iam sure you can get it somewhere else too if you dont like Onnit.
    I just wonder about using stuff like tryptophan and melatonin though because I work nights so I'd have to take them in the morning..i feel like my sleep rhythms are confused enough as it is .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by widehips71 View Post
    If you are on your phone or computer a lot I would recommend installing a blue light filter. I'll spare you the lengthy write up and just tell you to read up on how blue light waves affect you and you'll understand
    I've heard about this, been meaning to check it out

Thanks
    I'd also like to straighten my sleeping habits. I already find it hard to sleep early due to work. My earliest time would be around 12 midnight. But it's obviously getting me on low.

Thanks
    I was on a swing shift for iver 15 yrs, went to sleep around 1230-130 am every night anf up at 730, wore me out but now i need a Xanax and a sleeping pill to knock me out every night or i dont sleep well and ill be a massive ass to everyone

Thanks
    First you can train and go with little sleep (but it's not the best). For all my working life I slept 4-5 hours a night. I could train and compete but I didn't get massive
    Now, I'm retrired and enjoying my 8-9 hours sleep at night ; but I don't grow more
    In December, last year, I took a job a

Thanks
    I've worked all three shifts over the last year, and sleep has been a problem on every single one. It's not the particular shift that has ever been inherently worse for me than another, it's been me fukking myself out of sleep for the sake of a little more entertainment. Terrible sleep discipline, basically. I find it interesting that even amongst a community that exists with training discipline as a core value, so many of us still have poor sleep discipline. I've been working on it, being back on first shift, and I have been feeling better throughout the day.

Some of the things that have worked for me:
    -Limiting coffee to mornings only
    -"Winding down" earlier than before
    -Less screen time before bed. Reading instead of internet/movies
    -Eating dinner no later than 8pm. I like my red meat, but I've found that going to bed with a belly full of steak can make it hard to sleep.
    -Just wanting to go to bed. As childish as it sounds, so much of my sleep issues can be attributed to "I don't wanna go to bed!" going through my head as bedtime draws near. Just go the fukk to bed haha. I may try going back to a regular alarm clock, and leaving my phone downstairs to charge.

There's my $.02 I suppose.

Thanks
    This may be out of bounds but I always have power naps when I drink coffee and then sleep after for about 30 to an hour. It works for me. My mind is pretty much intact when I wake up and I can say, it makes me more productive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast