BodPod reading.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone here knew enough about this BodPod to answer this. Do you think the level of glycogen depletion would have any effect on the readings? Looking into the technology (but just being a dumb construction worker) I initially thought it might not have any effect on the reading but then I started second guessing that because you do have to input your current weight into the software.

I'm curious if one was on DNP and has less glycogen then normal and higher saturation of water then normal, if the Bodpod would still be accurate and if not, would it give higher or lower BF readings then actual?

I don't believe the company is in the US and I have tried to find a phone number with no luck.

None of this really matters, more just me being a nerd and wanting to know....

EDIT

Well it appears they have multiple different "official" websites. Finally found a US number and left a message. Lets see what they have to say?

Last edited:

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
All bodycomp measurement tools are influenced by hydration status so it won't give you an accurate number if your on DNP - it'll be lower than reality.
Bodpod's are also influenced by facial hair & clothing (no cotton shorts, scrubs, etc) that explains why they're not considered the gold standard within the literature (hydro weighing is, followed by dexa, then bodpod).

It obviously doesn't make that much of a difference unless your using it as a regular tracking tool.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
It obviously doesn't make that much of a difference unless your using it as a regular tracking tool.

I actually do. There are 2 BP facilities within 20 minutes of me so its cheap, convenient, and like I said, Im a nerd so I get off on tracking data.

I guess that all makes sense since they dont want you eating or drinking for so long before a test if possible.

Figured if anyone knew it would be you Zilla. Thanks buddy.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
AAAAND there is a DXA center that is just as close apparently. Looks like Im going to have to book an appointment so I can compare it to the BP I have been using the last year...

EDIT
Holy shit is DXA expensive....

New Threads