Loss of potency?

Reaction score
I am a blacksmith and I run cattle. My uncle is a vet. Finaplix-H was discontinued, but he has it laying around his office in piles. I could pick up quite a lot of these implants without raising any eyebrows. If I were interested in converting this veterinarian quality Tren into an injectible solution, for purely academic reasons, should the age of the product be a concern? I would think that in the pellet state it should be pretty stable and wouldn't lose potency, but I don't know.

Corollary 1: will it lose potency once it is diluted with BA and sterile oil.

Corollary 2: what is the minimum suggested micron rating I should use when filtering the solution?

Any conversation on the topic would be appreciated.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1. Don't believe so

2. .22 micron filter

3. Have you homebrewed before? Maintaining sterility is difficult. This is a project you are taking on and may be more involved than you think.

Reaction score
1. Don't believe so

2. .22 micron filter

3. Have you homebrewed before? Maintaining sterility is difficult. This is a project you are taking on and may be more involved than you think.

I haven't homebrewed before, but I do have a fair amount of medical supplies. To be honest I don't think I'll be trying anything like this soon, but I trust my own knowledge and hands more than picking something up over the interwebs or from your friendly neighborhood dealer. But I imagine it would probably require as much care and research either route.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link sir. It's not horribly surprising you can find the stuff on eBay. I have access to it for free tho, I just didn't know if the age of the ones I have access too would affect the quality or not.

Reaction score
I'd definitely snag a bunch for the hell of it...you don't gotta start brewing to but least you have it for down the road if you ever do want to learn how to brew...or someone else could use them

Reaction score
I'd definitely snag a bunch for the hell of it...you don't gotta start brewing to but least you have it for down the road if you ever do want to learn how to brew...or someone else could use them

I agree. And it would cause less suspicion if I bring them home a few boxes at a time and gathered a good amount instead of trying to get it all at once. As long as it's stable in both solid and solution form, I will take the "snag that shit up" advice.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Are you saying dissolving it into DMSO will help preserve potency? Or is this me being a total noob tool and I'm missing an acronym that you guys use a lot.
You could make a "topical tren" of sorts... I've heard old timers talk about it. Have to imagine you'd smell like hell though.

Reaction score
You could make a "topical tren" of sorts... I've heard old timers talk about it. Have to imagine you'd smell like hell though.

Great point. I didn't think of that at all. But I'd have to think that would drastically reduce the efficacy on a mg to mg comparison? Which I suppose could be desirable if you were using it in your stack for hardening towards the end of your cycle or wanting to taper off.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Great point. I didn't think of that at all. But I'd have to think that would drastically reduce the efficacy on a mg to mg comparison? Which I suppose could be desirable if you were using it in your stack for hardening towards the end of your cycle or wanting to taper off.
No clue on the details. I've just heard about it.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I'd say it's worth a shot. Since it's topical the risks of infection are much much less.

Risks of smelling like a garlicy asshole are pretty high tho.

this is kind of interesting..It looks pretty simple, just grind the pellets and mix with 50/50 pharmaceutical grade DMSO and water. They say it can cause skin irritation.

Reaction score
this is kind of interesting..It looks pretty simple, just grind the pellets and mix with 50/50 pharmaceutical grade DMSO and water. They say it can cause skin irritation.

I agree. Any info on efficacy? I have a hard time thinking it would be very effective as a topical drug. But what do I know.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I agree. Any info on efficacy? I have a hard time thinking it would be very effective as a topical drug. But what do I know.

Well, afaik DMSO is actually extremely effective at moving chemicals through the skin..but as far as how this method would relate to stable serum levels, I'm not sure.

New Threads