First SSB Squat Session

Battletoad

Reaction score
I am humble now.

I was only using somewhere between 245 and 265 (unsure of actual bar weight) with green bands, and it felt goddamn awful...in a good way, if that makes sense. I'll definitely be utilizing it a lot during this offseason. My erectors and obliques are smoked today.

Battletoad

Reaction score
I can get used to it. I definitely know where I'm weak now haha

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
One thing that helped me- with cushiony padd its easy to let your upper body get loose. Make sure to keep that shit as tight as always.

Battletoad

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that. It's weird feeling at first, but I can definitely see why conjugate lifters utilize it so much.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite tools. And by 'favorite' I mean I hate it with the burning hate of a thousand suns.

Good on ya' for adding it to yer toolbox!

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Its just a total different feeling and will def show your weaknesses. Wish I had one to use all the time.

Battletoad

Reaction score
Its just a total different feeling and will def show your weaknesses. Wish I had one to use all the time.

My gym just bought one, so I was eager to try it out. It's the beginning of a love/hate relationship.

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
Im making a home gym soon, SSB will be up in the list for me. heard only good things about it

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Quick question, what am i doing wrong form wise in a normal squat since i was 30lbs heavier with my ssb?

was told some guys "front load" squatting normally, others "back load" whatever that means?

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Quick question, what am i doing wrong form wise in a normal squat since i was 30lbs heavier with my ssb?

was told some guys "front load" squatting normally, others "back load" whatever that means?

Are you pulling down real hard on the handles or pushing them up? Either one will throw the bars center of gravity off and affect the lift.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Are you pulling down real hard on the handles or pushing them up? Either one will throw the bars center of gravity off and affect the lift.

I "try" to keep them neutral and squeeze handles hard but i wonder if your right and im not unconsciously pulling them down rotating the weight back to centerline vs staying out front? Hmmmm.

Once im able to put weight back on the bar ill have to video to see wth im doing form wise
thanks for the "captain obvious" idea i didnt think of lol

New Threads