Test levels and general rule of thumb...

Chaos501

Reaction score
So I see a lot of posts about legitimacy of gear and we all know the issues of ugl gear. Let's forget all of that and assume we're using legit gear dosed at the advertised dosage. One of the best ways to argue gear legitimacy is bloods.... now considering the dosage and time of administration these levels can change. My question here is, can we apply a generally rule of thumb or a generic rule for the average male. Given a male dosing 500mg of test what can we expect his blood levels to come back at? And what would change these? SBGH ETC. and is it 1:1 when you increase the dose? So at 1000mg/wk what can you expect your bloods to come back with legit gear? I know I can read other boards and other sources and put together this info but I think this is a good conversation topic. Thanks for your input in advance.

- Chaos501

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Not sure if this holds true with cycle doses, but I know that individuals react very differently to different TRT doses. 100mg may put one guy at over 1000 and another may need 200mg to get there. Easier to know (with experience and blood work) where different doses will put YOU, rather than know what doses will put everyone.

Its a good question and I'm looking forward to more experienced folks giving their 2 cents.

Chaos501

Reaction score
Not sure if this holds true with cycle doses, but I know that individuals react very differently to different TRT doses. 100mg may put one guy at over 1000 and another may need 200mg to get there. Easier to know (with experience and blood work) where different doses will put YOU, rather than know what doses will put everyone.

Its a good question and I'm looking forward to more experienced folks giving their 2 cents.

Right that's exactly what I was thinking. I know there are variables like I had said how much of the test binds to the SBGH... that will change how much free test you have therefore changing your levels on your blood work. But I was thinking maybe there is more of a guide or generic range.... 200mg/wk will put the avg males levels at X ng/ml and maybe a range like 1000-1500... idk if this is possible but I know someone out there has some knowledge they want to share.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Right that's exactly what I was thinking. I know there are variables like I had said how much of the test binds to the SBGH... that will change how much free test you have therefore changing your levels on your blood work. But I was thinking maybe there is more of a guide or generic range.... 200mg/wk will put the avg males levels at X ng/ml and maybe a range like 1000-1500... idk if this is possible but I know someone out there has some knowledge they want to share.

Where's the science motherfukkers when u need them.

Reaction score
It's SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) and yes lowering this globulin protein will increase amount of circulating "Free Test" or bioavailability. Stacking compounds like Mast, proveron, tbol etc..can significantly lower SHBG ..they work synergistically.

and no there is no guide like for UGL test and dose vs blood levels...like you said, everyone is different it's unique to you..but generally what I've seen in my blood work is when I dose 800 mgs of test a week my total test blood levels came back at 4800ng/dL I was also taking Mast ...this is pretty high and def enough for solid gains...

many of my bloods in the past on 500-600mg came back around the 3600 ng/dL range

back down to cruise 200-250mg I've seen my levels at 1100-1500 ng/dL

Chaos501

Reaction score
It's SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) and yes lowering this globulin protein will increase amount of circulating "Free Test" or bioavailability. Stacking compounds like Mast, proveron, tbol etc..can significantly lower SHBG ..they work synergistically.

and no there is no guide like for UGL test and dose vs blood levels...like you said, everyone is different it's unique to you..but generally what I've seen in my blood work is when I dose 800 mgs of test a week my total test blood levels came back at 4800ng/dL I was also taking Mast ...this is pretty high and def enough for solid gains...

many of my bloods in the past on 500-600mg came back around the 3600 ng/dL range

back down to cruise 200-250mg I've seen my levels at 1100-1500 ng/dL

Yea I felt like I had that damn acronym wrong! I guess I assumed there had to be some type of guideline considering doctors prescribe a certain dose for trt to be within a certain range. But then again half of them don't have a clue from my personal experience with it. I appreciate your knowledge and input man it's always good to learn something new.

On a side note I was also asking because I was running Test at 150 test Cyp eod and running 200 Tren E eod and my levels came back at 1930 ng/dl
clearly this is a bit low.

Reaction score
Yea I felt like I had that damn acronym wrong! I guess I assumed there had to be some type of guideline considering doctors prescribe a certain dose for trt to be within a certain range. But then again half of them don't have a clue from my personal experience with it. I appreciate your knowledge and input man it's always good to learn something new.

On a side note I was also asking because I was running Test at 150 test Cyp eod and running 200 Tren E eod and my levels came back at 1930 ng/dl
clearly this is a bit low.

Yeah that's def low for those doses, or at least that would be low for me if that was my total test..sounds like your gear is underdosed but it's still higher than normal.

A doctor doesn't really go on a mg dose guideline either, they assess your prescription dose based on what your blood work comes back at at a prescribed dose (assuming you already tested for low T)..they base your levels off normal human physiological ranges which I believe ranges from 250ng/dL to 1100 ng/dL. Most natural men fall somewhere within this range in the middle, 1000ng/dL would be rare and if he's prescribing you 200mg per week (which is high for a doc) and ur levels come back over these normal ranges they dial back your prescription dose based on these blood work values

oh and most docs are pussies too

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's def low for those doses, or at least that would be low for me if that was my total test..sounds like your gear is underdosed but it's still higher than normal.

A doctor doesn't really go on a mg dose guideline either, they assess your prescription dose based on what your blood work comes back at at a prescribed dose (assuming you already tested for low T)..they base your levels off normal human physiological ranges which I believe ranges from 250ng/dL to 1100 ng/dL. Most natural men fall somewhere within this range in the middle, 1000ng/dL would be rare and if he's prescribing you 200mg per week (which is high for a doc) and ur levels come back over these normal ranges they dial back your prescription dose based on these blood work values

oh and most docs are pussies too

Yeah I have one of the rare "good" endos and it's a woman. She has me on 200mg/wk. When I go back for bloods in June, I'll be skipping a pin to be safe...

Chaos501

Reaction score
Why are you pinning cyp EOD? The ester isn't designed to work like that. Pin cyp once or twice a week tops. You'd be better off just pinning 5-600mg once a week then 150 EOD with cyp.

Honestly everything I've read suggests that eod pinning supports a more steady blood level and I like stabbing myself. Also if I were to do 600 once a week I would be doing larger volumes considering I never run test alone. And now that I know the gear is underdosed I am pinning 1g/wk just to get closer to where I should have been with 650/wk. this is the only option for now until I find a better source. I do get 200mg every two weeks as an RX Pfizer gotta love the legit Pharm grade.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Honestly everything I've read suggests that eod pinning supports a more steady blood level and I like stabbing myself. Also if I were to do 600 once a week I would be doing larger volumes considering I never run test alone. And now that I know the gear is underdosed I am pinning 1g/wk just to get closer to where I should have been with 650/wk. this is the only option for now until I find a better source. I do get 200mg every two weeks as an RX Pfizer gotta love the legit Pharm grade.

Steady blood levels matter for TRT. Not for a cycle. You could somewhat gauge the concentration of your UGL gear by basing it off your TRT labs.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Yeah chaos save yourself on some scar tissue and pin that cyp twice a week

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
All forms of AAS lower SHBG IIRC so the idea of adding compounds for that specific goal is flawed. I also think provi is a ****ing waste of money. Those 2 thoughts might be linked...:)

Also note the dose-response curve. It is NOT a 1:1 situation so trying to predict your response to 500mg based on TRT doses or 1g based on 500mg, etc is not necessarily a useful way of going about things.

Chaos501

Reaction score
All forms of AAS lower SHBG IIRC so the idea of adding compounds for that specific goal is flawed. I also think provi is a ****ing waste of money. Those 2 thoughts might be linked...:)

Also note the dose-response curve. It is NOT a 1:1 situation so trying to predict your response to 500mg based on TRT doses or 1g based on 500mg, etc is not necessarily a useful way of going about things.[/QUOTE

Definitley appreciate your advice and knowledge. My next step is to get bloods done each time I change my dose. Seems like the most reliable way to go about things.

Reaction score
I've been TRT for several years and had really varied blood tests without necessarily changing doses. There are a lot of factors involved.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
I've been TRT for several years and had really varied blood tests without necessarily changing doses. There are a lot of factors involved.

Getiing mine today to compare this ugl stuff vs scripted oil, but curious to see overall spectrum and how the hormones are doing

New Threads