Hemi

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
So I've been a GM guy my whole life but a guy at work is in some financial deep water and he wanted to dump his 06 half ton dodge 4wd, with the 5.7 hemi. I couldn't pass on the deal, so now I own a dodge, like the power all right, nothing to write home to ma about though. What are your guy's thoughts on the engine, and or truck. The truck is in great shape, has the Laramie package with all the bells and whistles, figured I can dump it at a good profit if needed. Thanks fellas.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I had 2 Dodge trucks with the 5.7 hemi in the past. Liked them both a lot. One was the mega cab which i really liked. Current truck is a 350 King Ranch, like that one too.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
The Dodge Ram is a good truck. The only way I would own one is if it had the Hemi.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I had 2 Dodge trucks with the 5.7 hemi in the past. Liked them both a lot. One was the mega cab which i really liked. Current truck is a 350 King Ranch, like that one too.
Hey bricks, your 1 ton a 4x4? Hemi enough engine for it?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
The two Dodge were 1/2 ton, the King Ranch is a Ford. Got a big ass diesel in that. But I think 5.7 hemi in a full ton truck would do just fine.

All of them were/are 4x4

Reaction score
Hemi>Everything else.

I'm bias though. Been working for Chrysler for years.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
The dodge trucks with the hemis aren't bad at all. I've seen several with air intake mods, cammed and exaust that ran and sound well. I'm a chevy guy but I like the dodges too

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
I own a 700 hp 2004.5 dodge Cummings diesel. Had it two months and the block took a shit. Header valve feel into # 6 cylinder and tore it all up. Now the blocks at a machine shop to see if they can bore it .30 or .40 over. Going to cost me 10k plus. I'm ****king pissed. Shit happens though

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That is the best gas motor you can get in a Chrysler.

I know now lots of guys that are Cummins fans for their tow trucks and are going with the Hemi package. They like them and one guy I know has a 4500 geard 4:10(I think) he loves it. Not the same power of a diesel but good enough for hauling a car around

sounds like a good deal congrats

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd dump it and put the extra cash in your pocket before anything goes wrong with it that costs you money. My buddy is a Dodge freak and Ive seen him go through 3 trucks now. The cummings is a nice motor but other than that no thank you. Everything else but the motor in them Dodge trucks from what Ive seen are P.O.S.
!S!

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Grew up in GM family, wasnt until i tracked vehicle costs with my business and seen what thise GM trucks cost to keep in the road that i switched to Ford F1/2/350's; all gassers, even with my construction business the payback on diesel never wouldve paid off for me.

have never personally been a fan of Dodge anything, they've always just been the harbor freight of the big 3 concerning fit/finish/longevity parts wise. When i used to attend conferences for construction stuff, after hours in the lounge we always ended up talking fleet vehicles (business talk, not brand loyal wars like you get between buddies because cost was name of the game) and dodge was always one most said they tried because they had some great fleet rate, and dumped after a year because of all the problems and down time (bent/cracked frames, tranny losses, engine losses, suspension component failures, etc) but to be fair, these trucks are worked daily vs the average homeowner. My personal dislike, living in the rust belt, it takes a dodge truck about 1, maaaybe two winters/salty roads to look like its 14yrs old with all the rot they seem to attract and spread like a plauge.

I do like Dodge/ram innovation ideas, and maybe the new new trucks have stepped up their game, i just dont pay any attention to them anymore.

New Threads