Training for strenght on steroids

Reaction score
i'm kinda new to the world of steroids but i thought of something that i think people here might find interesting to discuss. When you do a cycle i have read that your strength and recovery go through the roof. What most people do with this enhancement is train more often and with more intensity to induce massive growth of muscle mass. From what i have understood its near impossible to keep these mass gains since the Test production of your own body cannot maintain what you gained on massive amounts of injected AAS.

What would happen if you, instead of focusing on hypertrophy and muscle gain, focused on strength gains. By training with a low rep range of lets say 4-6 per set. During the cycle you could immensely strengthen your nervous system. Then during PCT and beyond you could, by increasing rest time between sets, keep lifting close to the same amount of weight you did during cycle and by doing this permanently increase your strength.

This is just a hypothesis. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Most gains due to AAS use are in fact saved if you keep up your routine and diet and not just go back to pigging out on junk food. If you make some good gains then most can be saved. Why else would people use if gains are all lost right away. So say I'm benching 350 and take it up to 400 while on cycle. Then off cycle I might only be able to do 380, but the muscle growth and a good PCT would keep. Yes I can't do 400 but I'm still doing more than before IMO.

monster-ish

Reaction score
Strength gains equal mass gains in my book. That's how I've always trained anyway.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A lot of folks lose gains after because they don't do some of the following:

1. Research on how to use the shit in the first place
2. Make proper schedules: Training, dieting and endurance/conditioning (some will look at the last two as "cardio" but is equally important)
3. Have a proper plan for coming off (men PCT)
4. Keep fuuuuking doing "# 2" ...most fuuuuking important as folks think...."ah, busted ass...killed it....gained some mass...NOW I can party my ass
off and eat a bunch of shit...til my next cycle "WRONG"
5. IT'S A FUUUKING LIFESTYLE...NOT A YO..YO...DIET/HALF ASS TRAINING PROGRAM!!

My .02

Georgia

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A lot of folks lose gains after because they don't do some of the following:

1. Research on how to use the shit in the first place
2. Make proper schedules: Training, dieting and endurance/conditioning (some will look at the last two as "cardio" but is equally important)
3. Have a proper plan for coming off (men PCT)
4. Keep fuuuuking doing "# 2" ...most fuuuuking important as folks think...."ah, busted ass...killed it....gained some mass...NOW I can party my ass
off and eat a bunch of shit...til my next cycle "WRONG"
5. IT'S A FUUUKING LIFESTYLE...NOT A YO..YO...DIET/HALF ASS TRAINING PROGRAM!!

My .02

I am so turned on right now

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Jenner is upset this morning. I think she needs some cuddles.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
If you go from 200 to 240 in 12 weeks

And your benchpress goes from 225 to 405 in 12 weeks

Probably going to be nearly imposible to keep those gains.

If you go from 200 to say 212 in 12 weeks

Benchpress goes up from 225 to 275 in 12 weeks.

Those kinda gains are gunna be easier to keep.

Using 500mgs of steroids a week to get there will be easier to keep

Than if you were using 1000mgs or more to get there type of deal.

Last edited:

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Its a lifestyle. You keep your diet in check, you train like an animal, and rest. I usually keep about 75-80% of the gains I make. Like was said, I don't want one cycle to get my bench to 500, I make medium incremental gains. I "might" pick up 15 pounds during a cycle and loose 7 or 8 after, but I don't go back to where I was when I started. If that happened I wouldn't ever cycle. After the cycle I might lose 15/20 lbs off the bench, but its not back to where I was. So I guess my point is, that once you begin this, its a lifestyle. If you are just in this to look good for the summer and then party, it will be short lived and you may just screw up your body. I am all for making maintainable gains. IMO

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Yes, every cycle you should be using as little as possible to get the gains that you want. The more that you use, the more you will lose after, especially if you go back to normal test after PCT. Doing TRT will help since you can keep your levels on the high end. However, your natty T will drop a bit after each cycle and just in general as you age. My natty is/was in the 300s and it wouldn't really make sense to cycle and go back to that. I would lose it all. Why waste your time and money and risk your health just to lose your gains in the same year. It is like studying your a$$ of for a test and then just letting the rest of the semester go to sh1t.

Reaction score
i'm kinda new to the world of steroids but i thought of something that i think people here might find interesting to discuss. When you do a cycle i have read that your strength and recovery go through the roof. What most people do with this enhancement is train more often and with more intensity to induce massive growth of muscle mass. From what i have understood its near impossible to keep these mass gains since the Test production of your own body cannot maintain what you gained on massive amounts of injected AAS. What would happen if you, instead of focusing on hypertrophy and muscle gain, focused on strength gains. By training with a low rep range of lets say 4-6 per set. During the cycle you could immensely strengthen your nervous system. Then during PCT and beyond you could, by increasing rest time between sets, keep lifting close to the same amount of weight you did during cycle and by doing this permanently increase your strength. This is just a hypothesis. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

AAS for strength is not an especially novel concept.
Different compounds exhibit different effects, and some compunds are inclined to impact strength levels more or less than others.
"Test production of your own body," assuming you were dosing "massive amounts of injected AAS" with sufficient volume and time necessary to elicit "massive growth of muscle mass," will likely be shut down following the cycle--this is a reason why some people blast and cruise.
There are a number of threads on this forum that dive into genetic potential and maintaining gains from cycles, so I won't bother diving into that subject.
Regardless of the changes to the nervous system, it is likely your tendons and joints will need some time to catch up.

Food for thought.

Regards.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
What z said is very true.

And it is very very veryyyyyy fukking hard to keep 100% of your strength when u come off. I don't care what u do or how much u eat. Keeping size is a different story.

jSalud

Elite
Reaction score
What z said is very true.

And it is very very veryyyyyy fukking hard to keep 100% of your strength when u come off. I don't care what u do or how much u eat. Keeping size is a different story.
All I care about is keeping diet and training on point and NEVER return to where I started. EVER lol

New Threads