Thread: What knee Wraps

Thanks

What knee Wraps

Curious...What knee wraps do you guys use and why? I have been squatting in sleeves for a few months but am starting to want to use wraps. I'm curious what your numbers were before and after the wraps vs using sleeves. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 921 Posts
    Pioneer makes the best wraps IMO. I also have Titan Golds but I dont like how thin and slick they are. Whatever you get from Pioneer will do well. Models depend on preference and squat style.
    Don't be a pussy. Crack a high life. Pack a dip. Listen. Beat your ol' lady. Pet your dog.
    Cornelius Coanbread J. Oliver

Thanks
    Thanked 8,919 Times in 4,402 Posts
    Go to elite FTS and buy the red normal wraps first. They're great for a first time wrapper. They stretch a lot and will get u used to wraps. As u get used to then then u upgrade to some stiffer wraps.
    Strengthfirst

Thanks
    Anyone tried the Kraits or Metal Blacks?
    Don't be a pussy. Crack a high life. Pack a dip. Listen. Beat your ol' lady. Pet your dog.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Anyone tried the Kraits or Metal Blacks?
    I almost ordered the metal Black's a few months ago when I ordered my newest wraps. Might gibe them a try next time.
    Strengthfirst

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ECKSRATED View Post
    I almost ordered the metal Black's a few months ago when I ordered my newest wraps. Might gibe them a try next time.
    Im interested in either those or the Kraits. My Pioneer Phantoms are badass but Im just playing around with different ones. Only thing about Metal is Ive heard sometimes they put out shitty batches.

Thanks
    Im interested in either those or the Kraits. My Pioneer Phantoms are badass but Im just playing around with different ones. Only thing about Metal is Ive heard sometimes they put out shitty batches.
    I ordered those pioneer phantoms and returned them. Wayyyyyy to stiff for me. I like some rebound with a little casting. Those were like putting bricks on my knees haha. But as I squat heavier I'm starting to use stiffer and stiffer wraps

Right now I'm loving the elite fts javelin wraps. Stretchy and thick
    Last edited by ECKSRATED; 04-13-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    Strengthfirst

Thanks
    I ordered those pioneer phantoms and returned them. Wayyyyyy to stiff for me. I like some rebound with a little casting. Those were like putting bricks on my knees haha. But as I squat heavier I'm starting to use stiffer and stiffer wraps

Right now I'm loving the elite fts javelin wraps. Stretchy and thick
    Yeah they are stiff as **** hahah. I like some solid stopping power. But Id like to try something a little less stiff and more rebound like you said.
    Those javelins look good too. My buddy has em in wrist wraps and seems to like them.

Thanks
    Yeah they are stiff as **** hahah. I like some solid stopping power. But Id like to try something a little less stiff and more rebound like you said.
    Those javelins look good too. My buddy has em in wrist wraps and seems to like them.
    Try em out. They make good knee wraps. They're pretty stiff when they're new.
    Strengthfirst

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ToolSteel View Post
    Geesh x you big baby. You'd cry in my wraps lol
    It's not that, it's just I don't like how they feel when I squat. I've tried so many wraps and the stiff ones just don't suit how u squat. I like them tight as **** now. Mine hurt like a bitch too.
    Strengthfirst

Thanks
    Interested in the Lillibridges by Pioneer as well. They look like they provide both. Wish I liked this Sig golds but I cant even put em on myself theyre so ****in stiff I cant get em to stretch.

Thanks
    Interested in the Lillibridges by Pioneer as well. They look like they provide both. Wish I liked this Sig golds but I cant even put em on myself theyre so ****in stiff I cant get em to stretch.
    That's how the phantoms were for me. Lol. I get 10 revolutions with my wraps now. I could barely get 5 with the phantoms. Fukk that
    Strengthfirst

Thanks
    Thanked 5,493 Times in 2,621 Posts
    It's not that, it's just I don't like how they feel when I squat. I've tried so many wraps and the stiff ones just don't suit how u squat. I like them tight as **** now. Mine hurt like a bitch too.
    The stiff ones suit how I squat. And I cry a little.

chalk your knees and hands. Also pre rolling super tight helps a lot.

That's how the phantoms were for me. Lol. I get 10 revolutions with my wraps now. I could barely get 5 with the phantoms. Fukk that
    How is that even possible. I use the silver beast / strangulator and get 9 revs.
    You can't inject wisdom

Thanks
    Iron Rebel is also having a sale right now. And discount code OAK15 or OAK10 for more discount. A set of wrist wraps can be $23, knee wraps real cheap too.

Thanks
    I'll have to check some of these out! I used wraps one time and they were just ones at my gym they were scheicks and my buddy told me they suck. I was just hoping to get used to them for the little extra "protection" I guess you'd say over the sleeves. Figured it would add some pounds to my squat as well haha.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eatsleeplift View Post
    I'll have to check some of these out! I used wraps one time and they were just ones at my gym they were scheicks and my buddy told me they suck. I was just hoping to get used to them for the little extra "protection" I guess you'd say over the sleeves. Figured it would add some pounds to my squat as well haha.
    It'll def add some pounds brother. Like I said start off with some basic wraps. Nothing crazy at first then move up as u get used to them
    Strengthfirst

Thanks
    i prefer not to wear any type of wrist bands or wraps, just a belt

Thanks
    Probably my favorite knee wraps are the Titan THP's. I did switch to the Sig Golds which were more cast like but I got injured and didn't get to really push them. Now that it's been 2 years since wrapping my knees I'll probably start back up with Titan RPM's and work back up to the THP's.
    There are 2 kinds of pain in life... The pain of discipline and the pain of regret. Your choice...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 890 Posts
    SBD sleeves for me, never tried wraps.
    Best raw lifts on the platform
    Squat-600 Bench-512 Deadlift-683

Thanks
    Originally Posted by tinymk View Post
    SBD sleeves for me, never tried wraps.
    You should give them a try. I was able to use my wraps pretty well and would get 50 - 60lbs out of my wraps but I trained with others who were able to get more. Some people don't get much out of them either. It's all about how well you use the gear if that makes sense. It's different... training in gear.
    There are 2 kinds of pain in life... The pain of discipline and the pain of regret. Your choice...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BrotherIron For This Useful Post:

tinymk (04-10-2020)