Calories and Cardio.

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
Then why his HIIT supposedly touted as the best way to lose fat?

If you ask a good IFBB pro buddy of mine he will tell you it's because of cortisol levels from LISS. I don't have an opinion either way since the only cardio I do is in the bedroom

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
If you ask a good IFBB pro buddy of mine he will tell you it's because of cortisol levels from LISS. I don't have an opinion either way since the only cardio I do is in the bedroom

No offence to your buddy, but someone who makes a living primarily through hormone manipulation really needs to learn more about what hormones do.

If you bump up the intensity of an activity, any activity, its going to lead to more stress/cortisol, not less. In fact, there you have another reason why HIIT while getting down to really low bf% is a stupid idea - your dealing with enough stress as it is, don't add to it.

Honestly, I thought this was common sense and someone at that level would clearly be aware of it but obviously not.

Last edited:

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Could some of you knuckleheads please start editing your posts so we can understand wtf you're trying to say?!! What is it with all the weird signs. Sorry Zilla, don't mean to interupt but damn it's getting annoying.

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
<p>
No offence to your buddy, but someone who makes a living primarily through hormone manipulation really needs to learn more about what hormones do. If you bump up the intensity of an activity, any activity, its going to lead to more stress/cortisol, not less. In fact, there you have another reason why HIIT while getting down to really low bf% is a stupid idea - your dealing with enough stress as it is, don't add to it. Honestly, I thought this was common sense and someone at that level would clearly be aware of it but obviously not.
I understand what youre saying. Im also not in much position to argue with someone who steps on the pro stage at an inhuman shredded 240-250lbs at my height. I guess its kinda like me telling Warren Buffett how to make money. Also understand that he has coaches even at his level and he follows their instructions in these matters.</p>

Last edited:
Reaction score
I personally feel like i lose to much muscle doing cardio but also burn more fat, low intensity is the way to go for me. it just takes longer.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
I personally feel like i lose to much muscle doing cardio but also burn more fat, low intensity is the way to go for me. it just takes longer.

your almost there little buddy... one more
post!

New Threads