Thoughts on SBHG

Reaction score
I'm wondering why the cheap herd stinging nettle which is in alot of all in 1 PCT isnt used all the time?

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Huh? What the flying fuk are u trying to ask? I have nettles in my garden and they piss me off. Best to avoid them or kill them with weed killer when theyre small.
!S!

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Stinging nettle sucks, ever got that shit on ya? it really does sting!

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
No but my friend got poison ivy on his junk

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lay off the hard drugs

Reaction score
I seriously have no idea what you are saying.

Stinging Nettle Root extract has been tested on humans and animals. I wish I could paste links but to sum them up it contains a steroidal symponin that if I remember breaks down SBHG so it increases Free T and it also has an aromatase inhibitor. You do have to take large amount but it's really cheap. I don't want to throw out numbers but it was impressive in a human study increasing FREE T by 40% lowered E2, and decreased some aspect of enlarged prostate. The study was on men 35-45 and not on gear but from what Ive read it only has more benifit when exo-intro testosterone at high levels

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Sureeeeeeeeee it does

Was that study on the website for this stuff?? Cus I bought some penis pills once that promised I would see at least 3 inches in growth, two months later I'm still at 1 and a half inches.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Stinging Nettle Root extract has been tested on humans and animals. I wish I could paste links but to sum them up it contains a steroidal symponin that if I remember breaks down SBHG so it increases Free T and it also has an aromatase inhibitor. You do have to take large amount but it's really cheap. I don't want to throw out numbers but it was impressive in a human study increasing FREE T by 40% lowered E2, and decreased some aspect of enlarged prostate. The study was on men 35-45 and not on gear but from what Ive read it only has more benifit when exo-intro testosterone at high levels

Sex hormone binding globulins--SHBG.

Advocating something shortly after misspelling it calls your analysis into question...but I may be overreacting my 2E is high.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score

Theres information to show that decreasing SHBG has no effect on free testosterone.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

If it actually did these things it would be a drug with a patent.

Reaction score
Theres information to show that decreasing SHBG has no effect on free testosterone.

If it actually did these things it would be a drug with a patent.

Sex hormone binding globulins--SHBG.

Advocating something shortly after misspelling it calls your analysis into question...but I may be overreacting my 2E is high.

Sureeeeeeeeee it does

Was that study on the website for this stuff?? Cus I bought some penis pills once that promised I would see at least 3 inches in growth, two months later I'm still at 1 and a half inches.

Do you guys seriously just doubt everything and make a lame joke about any new information? I mean click a fukking open tab and do a bit of research might do you some good to get out of the 1980's and look into things that can increase your results. Why the fukk are you on here? I think everyone who posted knows I don't sell stuff. I would recommend researching this. I've been on a clomid cycle 12.5mg e3d and 3 g ed Nettle Root extract 10:1.. I bought 2 kilos of that extract after doing research cuz like I said it's CHEAP. I got BW on the third week and my Test was 1128, I sit at 690, but my free T was 84 on a 6-25 scale.LH a bit higher than norm (expected with clomid). My E2 was on the very lowest number in normal range and the lowest I've ever had on BW. I felt it too, I was drinking tons of water, constant eye drops, doubled my joint+ ect way too dried out. My Doc new what I was doing and we discussed it the total T was no doubt from clomid and I was more than happy with the results and plan to run a clomid 4week prep before next cycle but 84 free T! we couldn't explain. I asked if it could be a false reading and he said it could be possible but the total T would have to be screwed up as well he didn't think it was a false reading. Oh and whatever blah abbreviation to check prostate was perfect.

Last edited:

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Do you guys seriously just doubt everything and make a lame joke about any new information? I mean click a fukking open tab and do a bit of research might do you some good to get out of the 1980's and look into things that can increase your results. Why the fukk are you on here? I think everyone who posted knows I don't sell stuff. I would recommend researching this. I've been on a clomid cycle 12.5mg e3d and 3 g ed Nettle Root extract 10:1.. I bought 2 kilos of that extract after doing research cuz like I said it's CHEAP. I got BW on the third week and my Test was 1128, I sit at 690, but my free T was 84 on a 6-25 scale.LH a bit higher than norm (expected with clomid). My E2 was on the very lowest number in normal range and the lowest I've ever had on BW. I felt it too, I was drinking tons of water, constant eye drops, doubled my joint+ ect way too dried out. My Doc new what I was doing and we discussed it the total T was no doubt from clomid and I was more than happy with the results and plan to run a clomid 4week prep before next cycle but 84 free T! we couldn't explain. I asked if it could be a false reading and he said it could be possible but the total T would have to be screwed up as well he didn't think it was a false reading. Oh and whatever blah abbreviation to check prostate was perfect.

Research? The 1980s? Try 2014 and research from a medical journal lol.

J Pak Med Assoc. 2014 Dec;64(12):1366-9.
Mesterolone treatment of aging male syndrome improves lower urinary tract symptoms.

Dugeroglu H, Ozturk M, Atmaca M, Seven I.
Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

To investigate the effects of mesterolone on prostate in patients treated for aging male syndrome.
METHODS:

The cross-sectional study was conducted from June to September, 2009, at endocrinology and metabolism department of Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey, andcomprised patients with symptoms of aging male syndrome and/or low testosterone. They were given mesterolone 50 mg/day per oral for two months. Aging Male Symptoms and International Prostate Symptom Score questionaires and prostate-related quality of life scores were completed and prostate ultrasonography (USG) was performed before and after the treatment. Total testosterone, free testosterone, gonadotropins, estradiol, prolactin, sex-hormone binding globulin, as well as total and free prostate-specific antigen were also studied.
RESULTS:

Of the 34 patients in the study, 22(64.70%) had their prostate volume increased, while 12(35.29%) had it decreased. The change, however, was not statistically significant (p<0.098). Mesterolone significantly improved Aging Male Symptoms, International Prostate Symptom and prostate-related quality of life scores (p<0.001). These improvements though significant were independent of the changes in prostate volume.
Total testosterone, sex-hormone binding globulin andestradiol decreased, while free testosterone showed no change (p<0.002, p<0.001, p<0.024, p<0.337). The fraction of free testosterone increased (p<0.001), while total and free prostate-specific antigen did not change (p<0.368 and p<0.841) CONCLUSION: Mesterolone proved to be a safe alternative in the treatment of Aging Male Syndrome. It also improved lower urinary tract symptoms and prostate-related quality of life.

Read for yourself. SBHG, I mean SHBG, went down and free test showed no change.

At at least you're partially correct bc your high TT and LH were a result of Clomid and not this extract. Even your free T is easily explained although I'll provide you with a word of caution about free test level results on bloodwork after. The reason your free t was high is bc as test levels rise, so do free t levels. That's it. No magic extract caused it. It's a normal and expected physiological response.

And you you should be cautious with free t levels when they're measured bc assays for free t are very often error prone and not validated. For more accurate free t levels, you get total testosterone and SHBG from bloodwork and use a validated equation to calculate free t which I don't suspect was done here bc you didn't mention SHBG.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yesss! Thank you, finally some info and not a fart joke.But you are referencing a cliff note from a prostate study that does not give numbers. I'm not here to argue but do you have a study that its' focus is correlation between SBHG and free t? I'm not calling you out I'll take if you read it at some point but remember it accurately . I read a Japanese study finished in 2010 that was testing the correlation of decreased SBHG with the introduction of "Furuzadrol" I know it's propbably misspelled but it's over all conclusion was that that lowering SBHG had positive direct corillation with Free T and that the corrilation was exasperated as the Total T was increased by the Furuzadrol.
So the ppl that are injecting Test have a even greater effect on free t if SBHG is mitigated. Then there are a few animal and human studies with nettle extract all of which show decreased SHBG and elevated free T. So for a cheap test I did it on myself. worst case I overpay for high fiber. But studies aside for now. Lets just look at my numbers my TT went up 54% gradually, as opposed to an instant injection of Test-P or T-Suspension, but my FT went up 185% (My last BW it was high of norm I think 32) I just don't see why that would happen. The other thing is that the "mild" AI that it contains destroyed my E2! E2 should be quite elevated using clomid without a real AI. in the least high side of norm with my low dose of clomid.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just realized yur jokde wow soooooooo funny that my finger pressed keyboard out of ordre im sure that never happens on froums. sooooryyyy I don't want to spend hours on here instead of in the gym

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Yesss! Thank you, finally some info and not a fart joke.But you are referencing a cliff note from a prostate study that does not give numbers. I'm not here to argue but do you have a study that its' focus is correlation between SBHG and free t? I'm not calling you out I'll take if you read it at some point but remember it accurately . I read a Japanese study finished in 2010 that was testing the correlation of decreased SBHG with the introduction of "Furuzadrol" I know it's propbably misspelled but it's over all conclusion was that that lowering SBHG had positive direct corillation with Free T and that the corrilation was exasperated as the Total T was increased by the Furuzadrol.
So the ppl that are injecting Test have a even greater effect on free t if SBHG is mitigated. Then there are a few animal and human studies with nettle extract all of which show decreased SHBG and elevated free T. So for a cheap test I did it on myself. worst case I overpay for high fiber. But studies aside for now. Lets just look at my numbers my TT went up 54% gradually, as opposed to an instant injection of Test-P or T-Suspension, but my FT went up 185% (My last BW it was high of norm I think 32) I just don't see why that would happen. The other thing is that the "mild" AI that it contains destroyed my E2! E2 should be quite elevated using clomid without a real AI. in the least high side of norm with my low dose of clomid.

If you ask MrRippedzilla he might be able to get the full study with numbers. The fact still remains, their statistical analysis showed no statistical significance for SHBG and FT therefore there could not have been clinical results either. I'd have to see the study you're referring to to be able to critique it. Please post any of the studies you're talking about and we can discuss.

Heres one more

J Endocrinol Invest. 1984 Oct;7(5):489-94.
Effect of D-thyroxine on serum sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), testosterone, and pituitary-thyroid function in euthyroid subjects.

Yosha S, Fay M, Longcope C, Braverman LE.
Abstract

Concentrations of serum sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and free testosterone (T) were examined in 10 euthyroid subjects (5 men and 5 women) before, during and after 30 days of the daily ingestion of 1 or 4 mg D-thyroxine (D-T4), the thyroxine analog that has only 1-15% of the calorigenic effect of L-thyroxine (L-T4). No changes in serum L-T4 or triiodothyronine (T3), serum cholesterol, SHBG, T, progesterone, estradiol-17 beta, or free T concentrations were observed in response to the 1 mg dose, but there was a slight elevation in the free thyroxine index (FTI) and a significant (p less than 0.02) suppression of the thyrotropin (TSH) response to thyrotropin releasing hormone (TRH). The 4 mg dose of D-T4 induced an increase in SHBG levels in all but one man. There was a significant negative correlation between the SHBG and percent free T (p less than 0.05) although the mass of free T did not change. As a group, the women responded with a greater increase in SHBG and decrease in percent free T than the men. Serum cholesterol decreased (p less than 0.01), all serum thyroid hormone values measured by RIA were increased (p less than 0.01), and the TSH response to TRH was completely suppressed. Despite these changes, the subjects remained clinically euthyroid. Concentrations of testosterone, progesterone and estradiol-17 beta remained unchanged. Serum luteinizing hormone (LH), which was evaluated in the men only, also did not change during the daily administration of 4 mg D-T4.

PMID: 6542576 DOI: 10.1007/BF03348455

The increase in FT is completely plausible considering the increase in TT. Clomid is typically associated with raising E2 levels but it's not unheard of to still have normal or low E2 levels on it either. Simple way to test is get bloods done with the exact same protocol except one with nettle root and one few weeks later or before without.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Hypertens Res. 1998 Dec;21(4):279-82.
Lisinopril decreases plasma free testosterone in male hypertensive patients and increases sex hormone binding globulin in female hypertensive patients.

Koshida H1, Takeda R, Miyamori I.
Author information

Abstract

The effect of an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, lisinopril, on gonadal hormones was assessed in 20 patients with essential hypertension. A daily dose of 5 to 20 mg of lisinopril was administered for 6 mo. In male patients, the free testosterone (f-T) concentration decreased significantly (before, 13.8+/-2.4 pg/ml; after, 9.9+/-1.5 pg/ml: mean +/- SEM, p < 0.05), whereas the plasma total testosterone (T), estradiol (E2), and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) concentrations were not significantly affected. Lisinopril had no effect on plasma T, f-T, or E2 concentrations in female patients, but significantly increased the plasma SHBG concentration (before, 48.0 6.1 nmol/l; after, 62.7+/-6.7 nmol/l: p < 0.01). The results of this preliminary study suggest that lisinopril affects plasma f-T and SHBG concentrations. The clinical implications of lisinopril-induced changes in plasma f-T and SHBG concentrations remain to be clarified.

PMID: 9877521

Reaction score

If you ask MrRippedzilla he might be able to get the full study with numbers. The fact still remains, their statistical analysis showed no statistical significance for SHBG and FT therefore there could not have been clinical results either. I'd have to see the study you're referring to to be able to critique it. Please post any of the studies you're talking about and we can discuss.

Heres one more

J Endocrinol Invest. 1984 Oct;7(5):489-94.
Effect of D-thyroxine on serum sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), testosterone, and pituitary-thyroid function in euthyroid subjects.

Yosha S, Fay M, Longcope C, Braverman LE.
Abstract

Concentrations of serum sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and free testosterone (T) were examined in 10 euthyroid subjects (5 men and 5 women) before, during and after 30 days of the daily ingestion of 1 or 4 mg D-thyroxine (D-T4), the thyroxine analog that has only 1-15% of the calorigenic effect of L-thyroxine (L-T4). No changes in serum L-T4 or triiodothyronine (T3), serum cholesterol, SHBG, T, progesterone, estradiol-17 beta, or free T concentrations were observed in response to the 1 mg dose, but there was a slight elevation in the free thyroxine index (FTI) and a significant (p less than 0.02) suppression of the thyrotropin (TSH) response to thyrotropin releasing hormone (TRH). The 4 mg dose of D-T4 induced an increase in SHBG levels in all but one man. There was a significant negative correlation between the SHBG and percent free T (p less than 0.05) although the mass of free T did not change. As a group, the women responded with a greater increase in SHBG and decrease in percent free T than the men. Serum cholesterol decreased (p less than 0.01), all serum thyroid hormone values measured by RIA were increased (p less than 0.01), and the TSH response to TRH was completely suppressed. Despite these changes, the subjects remained clinically euthyroid. Concentrations of testosterone, progesterone and estradiol-17 beta remained unchanged. Serum luteinizing hormone (LH), which was evaluated in the men only, also did not change during the daily administration of 4 mg D-T4.

PMID: 6542576 DOI: 10.1007/BF03348455

The increase in FT is completely plausible considering the increase in TT. Clomid is typically associated with raising E2 levels but it's not unheard of to still have normal or low E2 levels on it either. Simple way to test is get bloods done with the exact same protocol except one with nettle root and one few weeks later or before without.
I will be doing a clomid prepcycle for 16-20 week cycle starting July 4. I'm not sure how healthy being on clomid that long would be or if my body would develop a clomid tolerance. I will try to replicate testing on prepcycle without nettle assuming my base TT, FT are about 690 and 32 give or take few points. Any knowledge of log term continuiouse clomid use? I have always ran 6 week PCT clomid 50/50/25/25/12.5/12.5 e2d nolva 20/20 and HCG 500iu/500iu & Aromasin .5mg/.5mg/.125mg/.125mg e2d but aromasin varries. I have a few questions as it seems you are more educated in the interactions of hormones and chems. I'm 33 BTW and have a few outlier hormones
What are some reasons why would I baseline at 32 FT exactly 100% more than center of norm with a TT at 690? 690 isn't exactly king stud numbers.
What are reasons that even after 16 week cycle BW pre PCT my LH has never dipped below 8 and sits high norm 17-21?
What are reasons that my IGF-1 is 2.5 times higher than center norm no introduction or stim compounds ever?
What are reasons that I have twice the HGH as norm.
I've been to 2 endos but they were female endos that had no clue what they were talking about. and as for the HGH from what Ive read 2x is not enough to make big difference compared to injecting HGH. When I asked my doc about that he just shrugged said your obviously still growing in some way bone density or something but it's not at all a bad thing. I have no reason to believe this because I have never had a testicle injury; but the only thing I could hypothesize is that I have a malfunction in 1 testicle in 1 or some of its productions(inhibin, estro-precursor forget name) and my LH, FT, HGH numbers are a response from the P-gland not receiving proper amount of inhibin. though my sperm count is norm and size ect is norm.I aslo dont really get testy atrophy they'll hug the body more but stay same size as far as I or GF could ever tell.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
I will be doing a clomid prepcycle for 16-20 week cycle starting July 4. I'm not sure how healthy being on clomid that long would be or if my body would develop a clomid tolerance. I will try to replicate testing on prepcycle without nettle assuming my base TT, FT are about 690 and 32 give or take few points. Any knowledge of log term continuiouse clomid use? I have always ran 6 week PCT clomid 50/50/25/25/12.5/12.5 e2d nolva 20/20 and HCG 500iu/500iu & Aromasin .5mg/.5mg/.125mg/.125mg e2d but aromasin varries. I have a few questions as it seems you are more educated in the interactions of hormones and chems. I'm 33 BTW and have a few outlier hormones
What are some reasons why would I baseline at 32 FT exactly 100% more than center of norm with a TT at 690? 690 isn't exactly king stud numbers.
What are reasons that even after 16 week cycle BW pre PCT my LH has never dipped below 8 and sits high norm 17-21?
What are reasons that my IGF-1 is 2.5 times higher than center norm no introduction or stim compounds ever?
What are reasons that I have twice the HGH as norm.
I've been to 2 endos but they were female endos that had no clue what they were talking about. and as for the HGH from what Ive read 2x is not enough to make big difference compared to injecting HGH. When I asked my doc about that he just shrugged said your obviously still growing in some way bone density or something but it's not at all a bad thing. I have no reason to believe this because I have never had a testicle injury; but the only thing I could hypothesize is that I have a malfunction in 1 testicle in 1 or some of its productions(inhibin, estro-precursor forget name) and my LH, FT, HGH numbers are a response from the P-gland not receiving proper amount of inhibin. though my sperm count is norm and size ect is norm.I aslo dont really get testy atrophy they'll hug the body more but stay same size as far as I or GF could ever tell.

Long term clomid use, up to a few months, is relatively safe. Only thing to watch out for is vision problems. It's a pretty rare side effect but if you get it then stop the clomid. You cannot assume your baseline numbers unless they're very recent and you were not any anything.

As as to your other questions, post up the labs so we can see the whole picture. It's hard to begin to speculate on anything without your full labs handy.

New Threads