Weight Loss and Muscle Build, HELP needed

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Charlie and I’m 28. I work on board cargo vessels from where I’m writing right now as well. Might seem like an irrelevant private info but it will be relevant due to some factors like limited diet possibilities, free time etc.

To start with a brief ‘history’, I was a coach-potato for almost the last decade and this year I hit 100kg for the first time (102kg [225lb] to be precise) which made me change my lifestyle, as much as I could considering the circumstances. I’m 185cm which would be like 6’ or 6’ 1’’. I guess 100kg would be acceptable for some but in my case we’re not talking about muscles, we’re talking about fat. I do feel like an intruder here since I have absolutely nothing to do with body-building but since I’m considering some steroids and need some help I figured out I’ll stop-by here even it means getting bashed by the whole community. I can handle it.

So in January (about 4 months ago) I stopped eating junk which was part of my daily ‘diet’ together with most carbs. Not a strict diet but definitely a big change in food intake, especially on the calorie-intake side. I also started training, mostly cardio, running (around the vessel and ‘in-one-place’), some push-ups, sit-ups and other exercises which are a combination of the mentioned or similar ones. Later on I added some (light) weight lifting (about 15-20kg) with 5-6 sets of 20-30 reps. So nothing intensive but I have been sweating for the last few months, almost every day with 1-day break a week, on average. The ‘training sessions’ are normally 45min up to an hour.

In the last 3 months I came from 102kg [225lb] to 91kg [200lb] which was a very good result for me. I could feel and see the weight loss but honestly my main problem was belly fat and I feel like that’s the one place where I lost least weight. I did lose some and I know I reduced the waist by few cm but still... far from the results I was going for.

In the last month the weight reduction was significantly lower and I lost like 2-3kg in a whole month, with basically the same training schedule and food/calorie intake. I feel like it’s getting more and more difficult to go even lower even though I’m not too worried about the weight anymore as I am about the belly fat, especially the so-called ‘love handles’.

I never took any supplements, especially not steroids but browsing the never-ending internet I am tempted to consider trying them out, for a cycle or two, not more. I’m not interested in any dramatic results, not interested in becoming a ripped body-builder or whatever (hope this doesn’t come out too strong) but if I could use some supplements/steroids in order to speed up my progress and get me the results I want, I’m willing to consider them.

I am doing my own research for the last few weeks gathering information from different websites, medical articles, lab studies etc. including a lot of useful information from this forum itself. However, I decided to ‘say hello’ and see if a ‘direct approach’ with yield some more specific information for me and save me some time which is, again, quite limited.

The first ‘thing’ I came across was CLEN. I know personally some people who used to take it (usually for the same purpose as me) and they were quite satisfied. I felt, however, that they run into it without too much information or understanding at all. Seems like it ended up just fine for them but I’m not willing to go that road without knowing what I’m doing and why. As far as I’ve read, CLEAN is the most effective steroid for weight-loss and together with my current life-style I believe it would get me at least some of the results I’m after. I’d probably go with the 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off cycle for 6 weeks (2on / 2off / 2on) starting with a lower dosage (about 60-80 µg) the first week (to see how my organism reacts to it) and then build it up to the 120-140µg per day in the last 2 weeks after the 2-week break).

That was my original plan but you know how internet is. Only CLEN is not enough, should be used stack with this and that and that’s when I ‘lost track’ a bit. Seems like TEST is almost a ‘must’ for any similar stack but I’ll go a step ahead and say that I would not prick myself at this stage (and probably any stage) so that’s not an option. Orally intake only. Then I saw a lot of stack including CLEN and WILLY (willy would prevent excessive muscle loss, not that I have much) but again mostly with TEST or even a lot of other substances I didn’t even have time to research yet. T3 is one of them, again... stacked with CLEN or even CLEN+WILLY+T3 (all orally). So at this stage I’m a bit lost and I need your help. At least getting the pieces of information together and then I’ll decide IF I will go that road and how.

So one of the options I’m considering right now is CLEN and WILLY in which case I’d start taking WHEY protein as well and would add more resistance and strength training (especially with weights) on my current ‘plan’. I’d also take some guarana extract / taurine in case I have some muscle cramps (wouldn’t take them unless I do have problems). In some places I’ve read that CLEN+WILLY is a good combo, on other places that it’s terrible idea. Quite difficult to see a precise ‘picture’ so I’m hoping that you will help me out here.

As for the dosage, I mentioned about the CLEN and then plan above. As for WILLY, I’d probably take it for the straight 6 weeks (no break like with CLEN), starting with a lower dosage (around 30mg per day) seeing how my body reacts and then building it up to 50mg, probably from week 3, when a break from CLEN starts. Whey protein would be there because I don’t have an option to get enough proteins otherwise (refer to the first paragraph) and I’m considering taking about 20g, 2 times a day (40g per day). Again, taurine would be only in case of problems with muscle cramps.

T3 also seems to be part of the similar stacks most of the time but I haven’t research it enough yet.

As far as impotence goes, I don’t care at all as long as it’s temporary. Again, refer to the first paragraph and why is that. That’s why I guess I could go without TEST.

I’m sure some (if not most) of you will say that I should just continue with exercise and diet which is fair but I’d still like to hear some opinions about the mentioned stack, some suggestions and possible changes either on other supplements/steroids or on the dosage itself. I will continue my routine no matter what but if I can get better results quicker with one cycle or two then I’m willing to consider trying it.

Sorry for the long post and for not including some ‘basic info’ which I’ve seen most do like bf % etc. but I just don’t have the means to find out that and similar information.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

- Charlie

Reaction score
I don't think you need to post bf or other stats.
"In January" you decided to make a change--not quite 4 months, then.
You need to keep up the good work with your diet and training for a while, research AAS quite a bit more, and make a decision later.
There is no promise that impotence will be temporary or that you won't have other issues, and failure to research will set you up for problems.
Sounds like you've done well for a few months. Keep it up and make those diet and training changes permanent.
If you finally do decide to run a cycle down the road, you'll be better equipped physically and mentally for success.

Whatever you choose, best of luck.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What the **** is willy and why do you write every substance in all caps? Stay away from any form of steroid. You seem incredibly lazy. You want to take drugs to lose some fat, even knowing you could get ****ed up. Zero experience with anything training or diet related. I wouldnt trust you with BCAAs let alone steroids.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking he means Winnie but regardless, I agree here with the Bros: what you've outlined is a hot mess.

Post yer macros and calculate yer TDEE and lets see where things stand. Being in a caloric deficit is the way to lose 'belly fat'.

Reaction score
I don't think you need to post bf or other stats.
"In January" you decided to make a change--not quite 4 months, then.
You need to keep up the good work with your diet and training for a while, research AAS quite a bit more, and make a decision later.
There is no promise that impotence will be temporary or that you won't have other issues, and failure to research will set you up for problems.
Sounds like you've done well for a few months. Keep it up and make those diet and training changes permanent.
If you finally do decide to run a cycle down the road, you'll be better equipped physically and mentally for success.

Whatever you choose, best of luck.

Thanks for the time. I do know that 4 months is not much time, especially compared to the decade being a lazy ass. I will continue with the diet and training (as much as possible) no matter what but I was just considering getting an additional 'push' with a cycle or two. Not to replace the current daily routine, just to get some results faster and then keeping them with a better diet and more exercise.

What the hell is willy lol? Like free Willy?

Willy was supposed to be Winny. When you write such a long post I believe it can be overlooked. Not a typo but an honest mistake.

What the **** is willy and why do you write every substance in all caps? Stay away from any form of steroid. You seem incredibly lazy. You want to take drugs to lose some fat, even knowing you could get ****ed up. Zero experience with anything training or diet related. I wouldnt trust you with BCAAs let alone steroids.

I believe my CAPS LOCK is still more moderate than your screaming. But I'll let you decide. Thanks for the informative and thoughtful post.

Definitely use the Willy. Put as much Willy in you as possible
Will do sir, will(y) do.

I'm thinking he means Winnie but regardless, I agree here with the Bros: what you've outlined is a hot mess.

Post yer macros and calculate yer TDEE and lets see where things stand. Being in a caloric deficit is the way to lose 'belly fat'.

I'm unable to post my macros. My food intake varies from day to day and I don't have many choices there. That's why I always say that I'm now trying to keep a diet as much as possible because I'm aware that I cannot keep a perfect one due to the nature of work and isolation. As for the TDEE, your website have me about 3,500 calories even tho other ones gave me just over 3,000 calories.

If it's of any help, I'll post my daily routine here. Maybe it will get me some additional tips.

I normally wake up around 11am. I have lunch (or breakfast since it's my first meal) at 11:30am which usually consists of 2-3 eggs and a piece of meat (chicken/fish/pork) of around 200g. After that I'm on duty til 4pm and I don't eat anything in the meantime. I start my training around 4pm. I'm not doing anything 'heavy' atm. I run, do around 100-150 push-ups, same number of sit-ups and then some combined exercises, trying to focus on the abs (or in my case belly fat). That usually lasts an hour, then I cool down, take a shower and around 6pm I take dinner which consists again of some of the mentioned meat, in similar amount (no eggs). Then I usually try not to eat anything or if I have to it's usually some pumpkin/sunflower seeds with a lot of water. Now that I mentioned water, I drink 2-3 liters a day. Around 8-9pm I take a rest til midnight when I start my second shift til 6am. Then I take my second rest till 11am when a new day starts.

-----

Thanks again for the time. Much appreciated.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There's the word I was waiting for. "Faster". You want your results faster. While the rest of us have been going for years, some for decades. Stop being a lazy **** and do your time.

Reaction score
There's the word I was waiting for. "Faster". You want your results faster. While the rest of us have been going for years, some for decades. Stop being a lazy **** and do your time.

TBH, I'm not trying to achieve the results you have or want to achieve. There's a big difference there.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
TBH, I'm not trying to achieve the results you have or want to achieve. There's a big difference there.

That's completely fine. But you've put in jack squat for time or effort. Looking to make results the fastest and easiest way possible is a sure fire way to land your ass on the couch again. You have to love the process. That's how you make improvements. And from what it sounds like, you don't even want to touch the process.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the time. I do know that 4 months is not much time, especially compared to the decade being a lazy ass. I will continue with the diet and training (as much as possible) no matter what but I was just considering getting an additional 'push' with a cycle or two. Not to replace the current daily routine, just to get some results faster and then keeping them with a better diet and more exercise.

Willy was supposed to be Winny. When you write such a long post I believe it can be overlooked. Not a typo but an honest mistake.

I believe my CAPS LOCK is still more moderate than your screaming. But I'll let you decide. Thanks for the informative and thoughtful post.

Will do sir, will(y) do.

I'm unable to post my macros. My food intake varies from day to day and I don't have many choices there. That's why I always say that I'm now trying to keep a diet as much as possible because I'm aware that I cannot keep a perfect one due to the nature of work and isolation. As for the TDEE, your website have me about 3,500 calories even tho other ones gave me just over 3,000 calories.

If it's of any help, I'll post my daily routine here. Maybe it will get me some additional tips.

I normally wake up around 11am. I have lunch (or breakfast since it's my first meal) at 11:30am which usually consists of 2-3 eggs and a piece of meat (chicken/fish/pork) of around 200g. After that I'm on duty til 4pm and I don't eat anything in the meantime. I start my training around 4pm. I'm not doing anything 'heavy' atm. I run, do around 100-150 push-ups, same number of sit-ups and then some combined exercises, trying to focus on the abs (or in my case belly fat). That usually lasts an hour, then I cool down, take a shower and around 6pm I take dinner which consists again of some of the mentioned meat, in similar amount (no eggs). Then I usually try not to eat anything or if I have to it's usually some pumpkin/sunflower seeds with a lot of water. Now that I mentioned water, I drink 2-3 liters a day. Around 8-9pm I take a rest til midnight when I start my second shift til 6am. Then I take my second rest till 11am when a new day starts.

-----

Your schedule is nuts and I don't envy you at all. But do you actually touch a barbell? Do you lift weights? Pushups and an work is about all you can get to because of work?

If that's your lot in life right now then don't run this cycle. It's a huge waste and will have negative health consequences for absolutely no gains.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Will do sir, will(y) do.

-----

Your schedule is nuts and I don't envy you at all. But do you actually touch a barbell? Do you lift weights? Pushups and an work is about all you can get to because of work?

If that's your lot in life right now then don't run this cycle. It's a huge waste and will have negative health consequences for absolutely no gains.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I have learned that a hallmark of adulthood, wisdom, whatever you want to call it, is the realization that it's OK and, in fact, often prudent to listen to what other people are telling you. Some people get there, some don't. You're at an age where you should be starting to figure this out. This is one of those instances where it's not only smart to listen to what people are telling you, but it would be absolutely stupid not to. The brothers here are telling you this not to be dicks, but because they don't want to see people get hurt from doing stupid shit. If you jump on gear given the info you have presented, that undisputedly qualifies as stupid shit.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
There are many women and some men who take Willy. The dosage usually comes in inches.

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score

THIS. people that don't live this lifestyle always think they can get away with a "faster" and "easier" approach. Always looking for an easy way out. This isn't a sprint, its a marathon; a long as marathon.

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
Hi Charlie.
Wow your schedule and situation is unique, I'll admit.
You're 28, I think that excludes you from the disgraceful gen I see that thinks they deserve everything right now, and for free so.....
Resign yourself to this being a long and personal journey. Also take note, your no different from so many others, you started this and wow, dramatic results....normal. A few months in and wow, ain't shit happening.....normal.
Do as Nblesavage said, track your food intake, learn what that means and do it. Regardless of your situation.
When you make port can you not bring yourself a supply of nutritious foods?
Can you purchase for yourself some exercise equipment to keep in your room, maybe get others interested and purchase things together, find a space to call your own and workout in?
As far as these cycles your kicking around. Charlie just stop it, you have way to much more to learn, and improvements to make before you seriously consider this. Honestly man, do your life a favor and don't.
As far as the guys that sound pissed, I don't really blame them. We hear your type of story and plan all to often. And usually the OP doesn't listen, it's a bit frustrating ya see.
So pay attention to the advice given. Find a way to your goals, it's the long play, not the short scam, trust us.
Theres men and woman in even more difficult environments than you, they get it done right, you can too....if you really want it.
Alright man, make smart changes and ask questions, let us know how you're doing.
and be ****ing patient, stay off the damn WILLY, and just get it done. You'll have a real reason to stand tall then man.
Most on here won't put up with excuses, because we don't ****ing use them.
On my phone here, old man with fat fingers and poor vision, so apologies for typos, ha!
Good luck Charlie.

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's a long read

Reaction score
That's completely fine. But you've put in jack squat for time or effort. Looking to make results the fastest and easiest way possible is a sure fire way to land your ass on the couch again. You have to love the process. That's how you make improvements. And from what it sounds like, you don't even want to touch the process.

I would disagree. Maybe my time and effort seems shitty compared to yours but for me it's a huge step forward if I look back a couple of months ago. And using any substance or not, I'm not planning to land on a couch again. As I said... I'm currently in a 'research mode' and in the meantime I am training as much as I can, gradually increasing the training intensity and time spent doing it. It's no excuse but my working environment doesn't let me go nowhere near the 'ideal' diet or training but I believe I'm squeezing out as much as I can. If I can help the process with something taken responsible and moderate, for a short period of time... I'm willing to consider it. Not necessarily go for it blindly but consider it and gather as much information as I can before deciding anything.

We have a gym, I just haven't spent much time in it. But since last week I did go there and did the compound exercises with weights together with a friend who has much more experience in the gym than me. He is the one guiding me and I have some YouTube videos and guides as additional help on the matter. Maybe not the most professional approach but it's the best one I can get at the moment. In case somebody is following the thread and interested... first day we did chest and triceps, second day shoulders and biceps, third day rest.. forth day back, fifth day legs. The sample will not be the same every week because of work but I'll try to stick to it as much as I can. However, I felt like I replaced the cardio with weights which might not be bad but it's not exactly what I was after. That's why I started getting up an hour or so earlier (before my noon watch) and doing cardio. Now I'm not lacking in that department but I'm lacking in sleep/rest so I'm not sure for how long I'll be able to keep it up. I'll sure try to do my best without strong substances (I'm saying that because I started taking creatine) and then after a couple of months of this regimen and additional research, I'll decide if I'll give anything else a try or not.

That's why I'd appreciate to get some tips even if you think it's not for me and I shouldn't do it. Doesn't mean I will but in case I go for it in a couple of months or a year, I'll know some additional information given directly to me on this thread.

Hi Charlie.
Wow your schedule and situation is unique, I'll admit.
You're 28, I think that excludes you from the disgraceful gen I see that thinks they deserve everything right now, and for free so.....
Resign yourself to this being a long and personal journey. Also take note, your no different from so many others, you started this and wow, dramatic results....normal. A few months in and wow, ain't shit happening.....normal.
Do as Nblesavage said, track your food intake, learn what that means and do it. Regardless of your situation.
When you make port can you not bring yourself a supply of nutritious foods?
Can you purchase for yourself some exercise equipment to keep in your room, maybe get others interested and purchase things together, find a space to call your own and workout in?
As far as these cycles your kicking around. Charlie just stop it, you have way to much more to learn, and improvements to make before you seriously consider this. Honestly man, do your life a favor and don't.
As far as the guys that sound pissed, I don't really blame them. We hear your type of story and plan all to often. And usually the OP doesn't listen, it's a bit frustrating ya see.
So pay attention to the advice given. Find a way to your goals, it's the long play, not the short scam, trust us.
Theres men and woman in even more difficult environments than you, they get it done right, you can too....if you really want it.
Alright man, make smart changes and ask questions, let us know how you're doing.
and be ****ing patient, stay off the damn WILLY, and just get it done. You'll have a real reason to stand tall then man.
Most on here won't put up with excuses, because we don't ****ing use them.
On my phone here, old man with fat fingers and poor vision, so apologies for typos, ha!
Good luck Charlie.

I appreciate the post sir. My schedule is nut but actually now I'm in the best period of the contract (believe it or not) and therefore trying to get as much as I can from my 'free time'. That will last at least another month or two and then I'll probably have significantly less free time, working additional 4-5 hours a day making the training quite difficult. Still gonna do it, just not as much as I can now.

We don't make ports that often. For example, last port was when I wrote here, more than a week ago. We're staying here 2-3 days and then another 10-ish days at sea. And getting out in port isn't something we can do as we please. That being said, it's not impossible, when planned and executed quickly and precisely. Nutritious foods are probably not an option because I don't have where to keep them (not allowed to store food in the room/cabin). The only option would be to buy supplements like whey protein, some minerals, vitamins etc. Probably not the best option but better than skipping all that altogether. As I said, we have a gym. It's not like a gym any of you go at home but it's enough to do some weight lifting and other exercises.

Like I said... I'm not going to run in the first port and buy as many pills as I can and swallow them while laying in bed and snacking Pringles. Anyways, the next chance I have to buy anything (being supplements I mentioned or any of the things I mentioned in the first post) will be in a month or two. By that time I will probably be more comfortable in the gym, doing more intense exercises. The diet is as it is. Can't do much about it. I quit all junk food, I even quit an occasional beer which was so good after a hard-work day. The only improvement can be in form of the mentioned supplements, especially whey protein and minerals/vitamins. I will also hopefully raise my knowledge bar by then and be able to make a more rational decision. I can say that I won't even consider it but I believe that is no reason to bullshit. I am considering it but that's all - consideration. I'm not even close to go that path and if I had the chance to buy it now, I assure you I wouldn't.

Thanks 'old man', much appreciated.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Look man we will help you with your training and diet. But you have no business touching steroids so just stay away from them.

New Threads