Bringing gear on military deployment

Reaction score
Just curious if any of y'all that were veterans ever brought any gear with you on military deployments

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Never. And I personally wouldn't attempt it either.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
No, and I agree. Coming home you're going to be subjected to customs and and various searches the extent depending on where you 're at on the food chain. That's just coming home. Don't do it.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wouldnt do it. Aint worth your career.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
When I was in the Army we got random tested every 2-3 months, not sure if steroids are included in what they test go but I wouldn't risk it for as possible article 15 bro that will follow you for life

Onk

Reaction score
sounds like a good way to get DD'd or worse.....

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Depending on where you're deployed, ye've got a better chance of picking up gear in-country than of bringing it with you.

Reaction score
Yes vary true you can get where your at BUT !!! My brother got some from I've seas and let's say he will never do it again he had some serious problems from the gear , I don't think it's really worth it to be honest and just like above said it's not worth your career

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't do it!

jSalud

Elite
Reaction score
Bad idea man. That's just asking for trouble!

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's just common sense man......

Reaction score
Easy way to get caught as there typically isn't much privacy, unless you are a POG. Even then, keeping everything sterile is a challenge, especially in whatever sandbox you might end up in--again it depends on the deployment. Finally, again depending on your job, it's not like you will have a ton of time in a gym--if your FOB even has a gym.

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it but for but I'll atleast give you the reasons, 1 you don't have access to support supps or all the stuff you keep on hand when on cycle 2 I knew 2 guys that got UAed and yes they test for AAS! instant dd but with a brief shit your pants moment from jag about more charges 3 I knew a few guys pinned up during TOD from incountry source and just like your bro had bad experience 4 you're around the same guys way too much, everyone notices when you gain 20 lbs on a diet of MREs 6 I knew a staff Sgt that did it successfully because he had the medic keep gear in empty vials and was ****ing way smart at all the angle but he is only person that I knew personally that pinned and didn't get caught but that was years ago IDK if he never got cought YTD!

Grinch

Reaction score
Some deployments would be doable but nothing combat related. Still, the risk isnt worth it. Focus on your job and coming back safely. Worry about everything else on the way home. I wouldnt want someone with bunk pct crying in my convoy about bitch tits and whatnot. Ya dig?

Reaction score
I am ex-navy myself and from my deployment experience, I think it would be a bad idea.

As previously stated, you have zero privacy in the military on deployment, very easy to get caught.

Also, if you got bunk pct, man you would be shit out of luck with gyno and t level.

Also, a dishonorable discharge not only limits your jobs on the outside, but you can NEVER own a gun.

Also, steroids are a class 3 felony drug, so there would be jail time in the military as well as jail time waiting for you in civilian land.

Reaction score
Man when I was in Iraq we operated out of a little outpost that was perfect for it because it was only 2 of our platoons on it and we had a little gym set up. But we had a company that was operating out of a big airbase and they all got tested for AAS because people noticed them blowing up and 75% of them failed the test. Really depends on where you are and who is around watching. We had a couple of guys get some shipped to them once we got settled in and nobody said a word cause it was just our 2 platoons an we were all close. I'd wait and see what the situation was like and then get it delivered, you can ask around once you're there and figure out how to beat the mail system

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it but for but I'll atleast give you the reasons, 1 you don't have access to support supps or all the stuff you keep on hand when on cycle 2 I knew 2 guys that got UAed and yes they test for AAS! instant dd but with a brief shit your pants moment from jag about more charges 3 I knew a few guys pinned up during TOD from incountry source and just like your bro had bad experience 4 you're around the same guys way too much, everyone notices when you gain 20 lbs on a diet of MREs 6 I knew a staff Sgt that did it successfully because he had the medic keep gear in empty vials and was ****ing way smart at all the angle but he is only person that I knew personally that pinned and didn't get caught but that was years ago IDK if he never got cought YTD!
Man when I was in Iraq we operated out of a little outpost that was perfect for it because it was only 2 of our platoons on it and we had a little gym set up. But we had a company that was operating out of a big airbase and they all got tested for AAS because people noticed them blowing up and 75% of them failed the test. Really depends on where you are and who is around watching. We had a couple of guys get some shipped to them once we got settled in and nobody said a word cause it was just our 2 platoons an we were all close. I'd wait and see what the situation was like and then get it delivered, you can ask around once you're there and figure out how to beat the mail system

Whats all this talk of piss testing for it? 15 years ago guys on the line were juiced to the gills and it was never an issue