Who's taking BCAA's?

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anybody running them as a supplement?

Just wondering the thoughts on taking it in supplement for as opposed to getting enough in Whole Foods.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I take it with preworkout. I lift at 4:30AM and I can't make myself eat that early. It's the only time of day I'm not hungry.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
to many guys who know their shit say its a waste if u eat meat..Things like bcaa ,nac,fish oil,vit all have a place even if they dont do shit..Its not that expensive and may easy the mind

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I haven't taken any. I do take some fish oil and a daily multi but that's it. And I eat a shit load of meat so....

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yo dark6 how u been bro?

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Been good bro. What's good with you?

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
BCAA's are a supplement, just like vitamins. Its not worthless just because you eat meat, just like taking a muli-vitamin isn't worthless just because you eat vegetables or drink milk. Anyone who would say that supplementing with something found in foods is worthless, probably don't understand the word supplement.
Sometimes, WHEN you get those nutrients are just as important as IF you get those nutrients. For example, I would take BCAA's before or during your workout to help sustain energy while exerting yourself. I probably wouldn't take it while eating dinner.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
same old shit just living in south florida chilling..Pfm is back at si so im happy about that..good to see u

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
BCAA's are a supplement, just like vitamins. Its not worthless just because you eat meat, just like taking a muli-vitamin isn't worthless just because you eat vegetables or drink milk. Anyone who would say that supplementing with something found in foods is worthless, probably don't understand the word supplement.
Sometimes, WHEN you get those nutrients are just as important as IF you get those nutrients. For example, I would take BCAA's before or during your workout to help sustain energy while exerting yourself. I probably wouldn't take it while eating dinner.

That's what I've been contemplating is sipping them during my workouts.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
BCAA's are a supplement, just like vitamins. Its not worthless just because you eat meat, just like taking a muli-vitamin isn't worthless just because you eat vegetables or drink milk. Anyone who would say that supplementing with something found in foods is worthless, probably don't understand the word supplement. Sometimes, WHEN you get those nutrients are just as important as IF you get those nutrients. For example, I would take BCAA's before or during your workout to help sustain energy while exerting yourself. I probably wouldn't take it while eating dinner.
cant hurt to use it for sure..The ON bcaa was a good price

Reaction score
I take evolution bcaas intra and post workout and have been on and off for around 8mo. Feel less sore
when I'm taking it. Although a lot of the big dogs say none of that shit does anything for you which I agree most of it does nothing at all but placebo

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Buddy who competes PL put up a post on fagbook friday, "took a stroll thru GNC to laugh at prices, guy working was explaining i need to add BCAA's to my protein shakes to get the most out of my workouts"

i bet he upsells a ton of that combo because people get real illiterate when dreaming of gainz:)

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I have about a week's supply left. I'll stop taking them for a month after that and see if I notice any difference.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
BCAAs have been, and always will be, a worthless supplement for people who have their shit together (good protein intake, not training fasted, using gatorade +whey/EAAs for long sessions).

On a side note, shout out to placebo. Still helping folks make gains as evidenced by this thread :)

New Threads