Home Lab Equipment Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ever since I posted "self cooked vs ugl" Ive been playing with the idea of trying a setup. I finally found a combination of things that would make it way easy on me unless a fuuk up the recipe or do something stupid like forget the volume of powder ect. It would be nearly automated. So before I really get into it. I have access to an autoclave from college and I can buy a used 1 there for cheap. But for my microwave version of home cooked I need to be able to sterilize larger items than most autoclaves can hold. deff alot bigger than any i've seen at the college or online for under 10k. This may be a stupid question but if I take out the top rack in the dishwasher I can fit this "still" in and run a few washes and dump in hydrogen peroxide during the rinse, Then put it in the oven with a pan of ammonia and it will turn into ammonia vapor while also cooking this stainless steel machine. I, with my decent knowledge, thinks the wash should remove all traces of chemicals when I run peroxide in the rinse and the chemical cooking will kill anything that could be alive, and the ammonia vapors should completely dissipate from the steel if I take it out hot. If I can autoclave everything else and sterilize this all stainless steel gizmo I will make a dry run of mixing chems, oil and sugar and test the glucose lvl to see if my math is right and go from there? please give me constructive info and ideas, Thanks

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
You are not anywhere near ready to brew. Give up on the idea for at least a year while you read and learn.

Im going to do my best to be constructive but it's taking all my willpower not to flame so bear with me if an insult or two manifests in my post.

Do you understand how wet heat sterilization works and what it's limitations are? Do you know the difference between a dishwasher and an autoclave?

neither ammonia nor hydrogen peroxide are sterilization agents in your application. They are disinfectants. Look up the difference between the two. You do realize ammonia contamination in respirators from botched sterilization procedures has caused pulmonary edemas from the vapors?

Last edited:
Reaction score
You are not anywhere near ready to brew. Give up on the idea for at least a year while you read and learn.

Im going to do my best to be constructive but it's taking all my willpower not to flame so bear with me if an insult or two manifests in my post.

Do you understand how wet heat sterilization works and what it's limitations are? Do you know the difference between a dishwasher and an autoclave?

neither ammonia nor hydrogen peroxide are sterilization agents. They are disinfectants. Look up the difference between the two. You do realize ammonia contamination in respirators from botched sterilization procedures has caused pulmonary edemas from the vapors?
Hey guy look up the word disinfectant and sterilization. Dude shut down your know it all brain. You have no clue of what I know about chemistry. I can build a grenade size explosive from the shit in your girl's purse. A better question is do you know what sterilization is? It doesn't matter how you do it, it is " the removal of all microorganisms from an object, surface or area. I have a brother who is a chemical engineer and I have a minor in psychiatric medication studies. and hydrogen peroxide is an ideal sterilizing agent because it oxidizes everything and it is 30% more potent than chlorine and even with the ditution of water the exposure to hot water makes it's destabilization extremely rapid which makes the oxididation level rapidly rise with a seft perpetuating catalyst. Do you know what the process of oxidation does to every living tissue and organism on earth? WTF guy stay off my posts if you read it you would realize that it is not ideal but if you know of anyone on this forum that has an autoclave large enough to fit a pony keg I'll show you a fukking insanely successful UGL that shouldn't waste their time on here until then stop thinking you have every answer and there is only 1 way to do something. Unless your a full strength UGL you don't even have to use an atoclave you can just boil stuff plenty of home brewers just boil shit, soak in alcohol or microwave it and their gear is fine. Do you even realize that you more apt to have a bad batch from chemical contamination than live cultures of microorganisms. what germs are you afraid are going to be introduced that isn't done when you push the air from the syringe into the vial 10 times? read up on shit before you lay into me you don't even know what temperature a dishwasher heats the water to or what organism can survive 170' water that is 50% violently destabilizing hydrogen peroxide. Oh wait then there is the 400 gedree ammonia vopor bake still waiting. and pulmonary edema is not a noun.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Your brother is a chemical engineer and you can make baby bombs from a woman's belongings yet you are on a steroid forum asking strangers these questions. Joliver, can you make another 2E post fit this context?

oh I forgot, your 6 classes in psychiatric medication gives you invaluable hands on and classroom experience in aseptic processing...

image.jpg

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I am no expert here but I am pretty sure from my minor is Sociology and 4 college level English classes that if you act like a fuking smartass to anyone who is even willing to respond to your poorly constructed post full of fragmented sentences and improper punctuation making it almost impossible for any semi intelligent, literate English speaking person to read, you may as well kick your own teeth in...

Disclamer: Fragments, run ons and punctuation error inserted puposely

Reaction score
Your brother is a chemical engineer and you can make baby bombs from a woman's belongings yet you are on a steroid forum asking strangers these questions. Joliver, can you make another 2E post fit this context?

oh I forgot, your 6 classes in psychiatric medication gives you invaluable hands on and classroom experience in aseptic processing...

image.jpg
well obviously it taught me more that your failed fifth attempt at 7th grade, If you really don't know the difference between a sterilizing compound and a disinfectant than you are that last person that should be talking shit oxidation is a true 100% sterilizing procedure as it will breakdown all organic material dead or alive. So go get another pulmonary edema or 2 or 3 and realize that your little know it all bullshit got called out when you should have just kept your toothless trap shut. and stuck 2 the lame shbg fart jokes instead of trying to put someone in their place that has no reason to listen to your " I read it in popular science so it's the law" hate to break it to you but I've seen tons of dudes getting stuck with IVs for blood and saline in the most unsanitary environment....not a pin but IV were sepsis will spread like fire and not have a problem. other than possibly bleeding out. And you are busting my fukking balls about a sanitizing work around. And it is kinda sad that I'm dealing with your pathetic empty self esteem put downs but my brother works at halliburton not Pfizer but at least he wouldn't spout off bullshit like hydrogen peroxide isn't a sterilizing agent just because you have your 6 labeled spray bottles in you janitors cart and you know hoe to really clean but no ammonia that just gives you an edema.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
This should get interesting....

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I just looked in my wife's purse, she has some gum, ChapStick, receipts, money and a tampon. Can u make a grenade from that please? Awesome. You're so cool. And smart.

Reaction score
Brewing is stupid easy.

Get raws, BA, BB, oil.

Mix in a glass vial.

Inject through 22um filter into sterile vial. Stick another needle in there to equalize pressure.

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads