Is this routine I made alright?(Not another teen bro split)

Reaction score
Workout 1

Bench press - 4 sets 4-6 reps
Bent over BB row - 3 sets 4-6 reps
Assisted pull-up - 2 sets 8-12 reps
BB shrugs -4 sets 4-6 reps
Cable chest fly - 3 sets 6-10 reps
Pec deck - 3 sets 6-10 reps
DB incline press - 3 sets 8-10 reps
Assisted tricep dip 4 sets 8-10 reps
Ball crunches 4 sets 8-10 reps

Cardio 1

HIIT - 20 to 30 minutes
Walking lunges 4 sets 8-10 reps

Workout 2

Arnold press - 4 sets 8-10 reps
Leg press - 8-10 reps
Band bicep curl - 8-10 reps
Tricep kick-back - 8-10 reps
BB bicep curl - 4 sets 4-6 reps
Tricep pull-down - 4 sets 8-10 reps
Back cable row - 3 sets 6-8 reps
Machine chest press - 4 sets 6-8 reps
Swiss-ball rollout - 4 sets 8-10 reps

Cardio 2

HIIT - 20 to 30 minutes
Squat into shoulder press 4 sets - 8-10 reps

Workout 3

Land mine incline press - 4 sets 6-8 reps
Deadlift - 3 sets 6-10 reps
Bands bench press - 4 sets 8-10 reps
Lateral raises - 4 sets 8-10 reps
Oblique pulls - 3 sets 8-10 reps
Incline push-up - 4 sets 8-10 reps
Face pulls - 4 sets 8-10 reps
Rope hammer curl - 4 sets 6-8 reps
Plank-to-push up - 4 sets 8-15 reps

Cardio 3

HIIT - 20 to 30 minutes
Ab leg raise 4 sets 8-10 reps

Workout 4

Squat - 4 sets 6-10 reps
Step-up - 4 sets 8-10 reps
Back extensions - 4 sets 8-10 reps
Leg raises - 4 sets 8-10 reps
Leg extensions - 3 sets 8-10 reps
Tricep skull-crusher - 4 sets 8-10 reps
OHP - 4 sets 6-8 reps
Alternating plank - 4 sets 15 - 20 reps

-Have added core exercises at the end of each workout as abs don't need the rest.

-Have muscle groups being hit multiple days of the week, but have primary push pull days(don't know what that's called, but opposite of a bro split?).

-rep ranges and sets added. Both Hypertrophy and strength rep ranges for muscle groups.

-one exercise on cardio days

Will monitor doms between workouts in case I hit the same muscles too soon. Not completely sure how sore is too sore to work the muscle again. Sarms and mk-677 should help with recovery though.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Seems too mixed up for me. Just do a push pull legs split. You'll hit the muscles more than once a week and much easier to follow

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
My opinion: you never work a sore muscle.

You are either young, new or both because that's a lot of volume. Not that it's bad, just typical volume for a new young guy. Group your stuff up by body part. Don't jump from a chest exercise to a back exercise and then back to a chest one. Good for you for hitting the cardio!

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Seems too mixed up for me. Just do a push pull legs split. You'll hit the muscles more than once a week and much easier to follow
My thoughts exactly. Legs, back and triceps on the same day doesnt even make sense. Go all out on one or 2 muscle groups each workout. Something like this:

Chest/tri
Back/bi
Legs
shoulder/traps
off 1 or 2 days then repeat

or

Chest
Back
Legs
shoulder/traps
arms
off 1 or 2 days then repeat.

The order don't matter. For example, I never train chest on Monday. Too many part time lifters working chest on Monday

Reaction score
My opinion: you never work a sore muscle.

You are either young, new or both because that's a lot of volume. Not that it's bad, just typical volume for a new young guy. Group your stuff up by body part. Don't jump from a chest exercise to a back exercise and then back to a chest one. Good for you for hitting the cardio!

Im 27, 6'4 and 260lbs. Have been lifting since I was 17 and have been back for three weeks after a two year break. I'm on lgd-4033, rad-140, mk-677 and trt depending how high my doctor will take my test should effect how frequently I can work muscle groups.

So say working triceps all at once on tri/back day does what exactly?

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tell us another joke. The last one was funny.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
not sure how any human could stomach 3 sarms I wanted to rip my tongue out with one. what is your trt protocol, and why are you on trt at the age of 27??
just give the larger muscle groups 2-3 days apart and smaller ones 1-2. like you can train biceps and calves every/every other day because they are smaller and recover quickly. also depends on how heavy you are hitting your large muscles. I work out 6 days/week, pretty much only body part I don't hit twice is shoulders

Reaction score
not sure how any human could stomach 3 sarms I wanted to rip my tongue out with one. what is your trt protocol, and why are you on trt at the age of 27??
just give the larger muscle groups 2-3 days apart and smaller ones 1-2. like you can train biceps and calves every/every other day because they are smaller and recover quickly. also depends on how heavy you are hitting your large muscles. I work out 6 days/week, pretty much only body part I don't hit twice is shoulders

Well increases gh and isn't a sarm. What was your problem with the sarms?

Reaction score
The only thing I would adjust is more sets 5-6 unless you are only counting working sets and we can't see your warm-ups other then that I would try and listen to the push, pull, legs back repeat.

New Threads