cancer?? hell i hope not

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i see the doc every 3 months (old guy has to keep a eye on things) psa is a 7.75 (that is a prostate check) norm is like ,4 for my age. it was 3.7 6 months ago. so i gotta go see the urologist and get a finger up the pooper. prostate has been feeling strange for a couple of weeks piss shivers ,week stream. hoping it is just some low grade infection (kidneys are hurting). but man when the doc says might be cancer you really listen up. trying to decide what to tell the wife if anything. don't want her to worry but if i don't and it's bad news she is gonna be pissed. funny thing dragon said everything tasted normal. so i don't know

Battletoad

Reaction score
Best wishes to you, brother. My grandfather just passed away due to prostate cancer that went unchecked until it was too late. I know telling your wife that cancer might be a possibility will be tough, but it's a whole hell of a lot easier than telling her you're terminal. Even on the chance it is prostate cancer, it's early, you're on top of it, and it's very treatable at that point. All the best, man.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd let her know yer Doc wants you to get a 2nd opinion / run some tests but omit his "might be..." comment. No need to put that thought in her head until ye have to.

Best of luck, Mate. Hope its nothing some kinda herbal tea won't knock out of ye.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Look at the positive side ken and that is that it was normal 6 months ago and god forbid it is anything bad, they caught it super early.

My dad had prostate cancer and had his removed. Been cancer free for about three years now. Very treatable if caught early. Keep your head up man you'll be fine! Prayers coming your way

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Stay positive. In a worst case, it was found early which typically means its will be totally treatable. Best of Luck to you.

Reaction score
Yea I would tell her once you know more for sure so that she's not stressing anymore then she needs to , it's a really hard thing to deal with and by you not letting her know just yet is just looking out for her as well . . . . Good luck with the other check up and make sure you keep the board updated ......... either way it will work out keep strong brother !!!

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Worst case they take your prostate and you have to pin your pecker to make it work. Having that pancake ass you rarely get laid anyway.

Thank your unlucky stars they caught it early. pp male performs all prostate exams with his wanting tongue, it ain't so bad :32 (19):

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Id stay mum until i knew more, just because my wife would worry herself sick in between the time before pooper check. Hopefully just a fluke deal, infection if some sort that some pills will clear up.

FWIW, i get 4 doozey sinus infections a year. Last yr i started having trouble pissing, starting the stream took forever, pissing was a trickle at best. Urinating ALOT simply because I couldn't drain it all. Went to urologist, told her i just came off a 10day leviquin run to kill my sinus infection and that things kinda went south at start of sinus stuff weeks prior. Luckily she had small finger and it checked out good.

take away, she told me when you get any kind of infection, it spreads through body since its carried by blood, and if it gets into the prostate it can cause issues like this simply because not much blood flow into/out of the prostate, so she always goes with a 21 day run of heavy antibiotics (like the leviquin) simply because it takes that long to be sure it clears up anything the prostate may have taken on. Then also got a script for flowmax as well. Sure enough, it pit me back to normal:)

so stay positive, the c word will scare everybody, but ill be optomistic and say infection since you mentioned kidney pain recently too. Good luck brotha!!

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your situation brother... This may be a silly/obvious question, but in the last 6 months, have you been on a blast? Some androgen heavy AAS can really mess your prostate up...

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Pretty much been said above and hope everything checks out ok for you Ken. Try not to sweat it too much until you have to, and hopefully you don't have to. Hang in there brother.

RustyShackelford

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hopefully just an infection or something minor.
I have several friends who have had theirs removed and they have recovered and are living life like champs.
Good luck brother , we'll be praying for you.

Reaction score
I know prostate enlargement generally takes many years (a life time) to occur in normal people...How much or have fast can AAS use directly cause prostate enlargement? You would think you would hear much more about it with the large amount of AAS users out there. And then I think of the pro Bodybuilders taking large doses for years, how are they avoiding this issue?

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Some studies have shown removing the prostate doesnt add years to your life, in fact u suffer from many of the sides of not having a prostate. Make sure you get the best professionals in your area, this is not a laughing matter.....Especially with your history of doctors and the mistakes they have made.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I'll hope for the best for you Ken! My prostate has been acting up some lately, shit falls apart as the years go by.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your situation brother... This may be a silly/obvious question, but in the last 6 months, have you been on a blast? Some androgen heavy AAS can really mess your prostate up...
because of the elbow surgeries i have been on cruise.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted Ken hoping for the best for you

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Some studies have shown removing the prostate doesnt add years to your life, in fact u suffer from many of the sides of not having a prostate. Make sure you get the best professionals in your area, this is not a laughing matter.....Especially with your history of doctors and the mistakes they have made.

This can't be stressed enough.

New Threads