Jin's 2017 log

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
My last bulking log can be found here: https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/23225-Jin-s-first-bulking-cycle

36/TRT/6'2/276

An online journal is a great way to track progress. Also, you don't have to be the douchey guy in the gym with a note pad. Hopefully some folks will benefit from this log. I'm back training in Japan so I'll be sure to mention some of the ridiculousness that happens at the gym here. I am a monster among little men.

I'm currently in a maintenance phase for the next 5-6 weeks. 4-5 days/week lifting focusing on the Big Three with a couple other exercises thrown in the mix. I'll be working low volume with moderately heavy weights. Cardio 20 minutes after each session. Calories set at around 4,200, which is my TDEE.

Back on a TRT dose until September.

Yesterday: Pull

Deads
455x5 (4 sets)
505x3 (2 sets)

BB rows
5x6@225

chin-ups
5x5

Today: push

Bench
5x6@275

Dips
5x10

DB Lateral raises
5x6 @ 45

tricep push down
5x6 heavy

bsw5

Elite
Reaction score
I'll be following this. I've never really kept any kind of log other than jotting down pr's. I need to give it a try.

Reactions: Jin

Lean_dude27

Reaction score
never saw a maintenance log, curious to see how this turns out.
good luck bro, following!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Legs today. Felt pretty strong

squats 5x5@365 ATG with 2 second pause on last 2 reps of each set. Don't want no shit talk from Milo.

Seated leg curl
racked 5x6

I've decided to add SLDL and/or RDL and glute bridges to my workouts to help improve my deadlift. I've done SLDL in the past but this is my first go at glute bridges.

SLDL 5x6@225- went light here bc I've not done these in the past year. I'll bump up the weight next workout.

Glute Bridge 3x10@135- light as this is the first time I've performed this movement.

20 min SS bike

Going to drain some blood later today. Maybe I'll post a video for all you weak stomached bitches.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Legs today. Felt pretty strong

squats 5x5@365 ATG with 2 second pause on last 2 reps of each set. Don't want no shit talk from Milo.

Seated leg curl
racked 5x6

I've decided to add SLDL and/or RDL and glute bridges to my workouts to help improve my deadlift. I've done SLDL in the past but this is my first go at glute bridges.

SLDL 5x6@225- went light here bc I've not done these in the past year. I'll bump up the weight next workout.

Glute Bridge 3x10@135- light as this is the first time I've performed this movement.

20 min SS bike

Going to drain some blood later today. Maybe I'll post a video for all you weak stomached bitches.

I would love to see that, hold on let me get the jergens

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Was gonna take the weekend off but I woke up with worse pain in my glute than from the first time I pinned. Freakin glute bridge did my ass in. So I had a light workout, active recovery and foam rolled.

DB curls SS with DB rear delt flys
5 sets of 6 working up to 65lb. Strict form.

Lateral cable raises
5x6

When I left for the States 6.5 months ago I could barely rack the chest press machine. Just for fun I decided to see how it'd go; racked it for 8 reps.

I go to a city sports center. The equipment isn't great, but they've got a rack and barbells so I manage. I pay $16/month. I would go to Gold's but it's over $100 more per month and I'd have to hide my tattoos. I'd rather die than workout in long sleeves.

Japan is a funny place. There is a specific day on which the government will start using the AC. So no matter how hot it is in May the AC won't go on until sometime in June. Being a conformist culture much of the private sector follows suite. Needless to say I'm a puddle after warm up and it gets worse from there. When the AC is in use it's just a tease because they typically leave it set at 76. I hate it.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Golds in Japan requires you to hide your ink?

yes. Most any private sports club/gyms prohibit tattoos. They are traditionally associated with the underworld/Yakuza/gangsters.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Sick as hell. I've had recurring cellulitis over the past couple years. Had to hit up the ER last night for IV antibiotics.
On TOP of that I seem to have the flu. Having trouble keeping my fever down. It was 104+ this afternoon.
Haven't been able to sleep well for days- sweating, shivering. Being sick sucks. I hate not getting to the gym.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Sick as hell. I've had recurring cellulitis over the past couple years. Had to hit up the ER last night for IV antibiotics.
On TOP of that I seem to have the flu. Having trouble keeping my fever down. It was 104+ this afternoon.
Haven't been able to sleep well for days- sweating, shivering. Being sick sucks. I hate not getting to the gym.

Damn bro, is the cellulitis in the left arm where you drained the blood? You better watch your HR and BP with that fever. Don't want it turning into sepsis if those antibiotics don't work.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Damn bro, is the cellulitis in the left arm where you drained the blood? You better watch your HR and BP with that fever. Don't want it turning into sepsis if those antibiotics don't work.

Nah, the cellulitis is always on my ass. It's already mostly gone; IV antibiotics work quickly. I doubt it had anything to do with the blood drain. Thanks for the concern.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
damn dude hope you get better quick!

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Get better man. Lots of fluids if u can.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
The Japanese should be able to give you a home remedy. A little witches wart and eye of newt and you will be good as new. If that doesn't work you can trys Gibs idea as a last resort.

Get better bro...

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Japanese bukkake

bukkake just means to pour over, so you can actually order noodles called bukkake noodles. They're creamy and high in protein. (Not really).

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
After a day of dealing with a fussy 3 year old and the Japanese governments bureaucracy I hit the gym. My doctor would have a heart attack if she knew.

BB rows 110kg 5x6
Deadlift 165kg 5x5
Neutral grip pull ups 5x5

Got some compliments on my size. A buddy there lost about 35 lbs (while I gained 35) and looks amazing. Better than me. I realize now I need to cut some weight. I want to be really strong and really big and really lean. ****.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Murphy's Law

in the last 4 days I've been hospitalized, diagnosed with acute cellulitis & strep throat (unrelated) and today I tore/strained my pec.

second cycle, second pec strain. This time my left side.

I had a very slight strain/tear 2 weeks ago but last bench session 5x5 @ 275 went fine so I upped the weight a little today. That was unwise I shouldn't have pushed it and there was no need to go heavier to maintain. Not smart.

Second set of 295 for 5 reps. Last 2 reps little tears. Won't be doing any pressing for the next month. Also not able to do pull-ups. Last time I tore my right pec was with weighted dips and I was doing sets of 10. Nothing too heavy, no ego lifting, good form etc. fck. I literally am not able to do a push-up right now.

Anyhow, injuries and setbacks are part of the game. I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to pull decent weight on deads and I can hit legs more frequently. Good thing I'm in maintenance as it is.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Lost about 10 lbs of water/fat over the last week. My wife says I look better. I've never been on tren but I've had night sweats for the last 3 nights (due to the infections) and almost threw my pillow away because it was soaked all the way through the other side.

Leg day

squats 5x5 @ 315
SLDL 5x5 @ 225
leg curl machine racked 5x5
20 min cardio.

Reaction score
Damn Jin, you're one strong mofo!

I can deadlift 140kg and that is absolutely my limit at the moment. Much respect, man.

Hope you stay healthy.

New Threads