Anyone competed in the WPC federation?

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Initially was registered for a USPA meet but I recently got emailed saying the date and location were moved and they also added in the little prerequisite of requiring an Elite total for entry. They refunded my entry fee but I'm still out $100 for USPA membership fee as there aren't very many in the near future around my location. So I found a meet in a semi-close area in the time frame I want to compete but it's the WPC (World Powerlifting Congress) federation. Has anyone competed in this fed before? I don't want to be entering some shit show like the last USAPL where I went to spectate and they had only 1 platform and it ran into midnight where people had to pull their cars up to use their headlights to light the platform.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not very familiar with wpc. Maybe jol knows about em

Battletoad

Reaction score
It's basically the APF. I think their rulebooks are even the same, to be honest. I just competed APF in March, so I'm sure the WPC operates in a similar manner, though some of the smaller details may vary regionally. Monolift, no start command on bench, pretty lenient on calling weights between attempts, about a 1 second bench pause, etc. Flights and weights were all displayed on a monitor in the warm up room. Really laid back, to be honest. Things ran smooth, too.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's basically the APF. I think their rulebooks are even the same, to be honest. I just competed APF in March, so I'm sure the WPC operates in a similar manner, though some of the smaller details may vary regionally. Monolift, no start command on bench, pretty lenient on calling weights between attempts, about a 1 second bench pause, etc. Flights and weights were all displayed on a monitor in the warm up room. Really laid back, to be honest. Things ran smooth, too.

How a meet operates is very much up to the meet director not the fed. Apple's and oranges.

Battletoad

Reaction score
Yeah, that's true. I guess I'll have to wait and see, myself. I'm competing WPC in September at the same venue as the APF meet from March. It'll be interesting to see what they do differently.

New Threads