Stack advices for a 22y/o into bodybuilding

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I totally get what youre saying!
Im just very hesitant because i dont know how long it will take to build up my glutes because im close to a pancake!
Everything else i have no issues with, my quads and calves are thick and strong, tris and bis poppin and back is coming along nicely just need to get the body fat down.
Having said that, i know glutes will take minimum a year...

what are you planning on doing to get those glutes where they need to be? Because in bikini or figure you will need those glutes in order to place.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I totally get what youre saying!
Im just very hesitant because i dont know how long it will take to build up my glutes because im close to a pancake!
Everything else i have no issues with, my quads and calves are thick and strong, tris and bis poppin and back is coming along nicely just need to get the body fat down.
Having said that, i know glutes will take minimum a year...

what are you planning on doing to get those glutes where they need to be? Because in bikini or figure you will need those glutes in order to place.

Seeker is correct that it's an important part

But....

Do it anyway.

It doesn't take a year to build it up with a training program that prioritizes it.

And you would still experience the process which is extremely important. What say you seek? You would know better than me on this.

Do it!!!

Also in b4 thirsty bros request pics of said pancake ass and get banned.

Georgia

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
PLEASE POST PICS OF PANCAKE ASS TO EVALUATE WHETHER YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON DEADS OR SQUATS OR LUNGES

(YOU NEED TO DO ALL THREE)

BUT MY REQUEST STILL STANDS! hehe

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

But....

Do it anyway.

It doesn't take a year to build it up with a training program that prioritizes it.

And you would still experience the process which is extremely important. What say you seek? You would know better than me on this.

Do it!!!

Also in b4 thirsty bros request pics of said pancake ass and get banned.

i hate to say it.. But in all honesty.. Pics will help. I have no idea where she's at. We're talking blind here. No one wants to go into a show and place at the end. Yes, the experience is important but it could also hurt and drive someone away from wanting to do it again if they go in totally unprepared and not ready.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score

But....

Do it anyway.

Do it!!!

Also in b4 thirsty bros request pics of said pancake ass and get 20170518_010341.jpg

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
i hate to say it.. But in all honesty.. Pics will help. I have no idea where she's at. We're talking blind here. No one wants to go into a show and place at the end. Yes, the experience is important but it could also hurt and drive someone away from wanting to do it again if they go in totally unprepared and not ready.

Heya, took me a hot second to figure out how to upload them via my phone. Anywho, hope the photo displays properly. Please meet Ms. PANCAKE
20170518_010341.jpg

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Nah, you can build that up to where ya need it. You've got a decent start.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Props for having the guts n mental stability to post a pic of that butt with 500 juiced up dudes.

In short, that ass needs squats 2/3 a week

It will develop in no time with proper training, a good/great diet n taking it easy on the boz.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I personally like the idea of giving yourself a year to progress and taking it from there. Your 22, plenty of time to make a mark in the competitive world. I do recommend actually attending a show to see the competition for yourself though, those figure girls are hard working ladies.

Diet & training adjustments to bring up your glutes are easy enough to make for any competent coach.
Look for a high frequency approach, training the glutes up to 3x week with some variety (different angles, points of tension, etc), along with a coach who ideally understands why women are NOT men. IME, if they don't understand the impact of your menstrual cycle on all this, or if they even mention "reverse dieting", I would start running the opposite direction. Fast.
I agree that, in time, you will need enhancement help to really compete with those girls. But that can be sorted out once your diet & training is dialed in.

Leaning out to 17-18%, while improving your training regime, is a good way to get started :)

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Zilla said exactly what I had in mind. You are not Miss. PANCAKE either . lol I see a little curve there. But I second what Zilla just said.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
I personally like the idea of giving yourself a year to progress and taking it from there. Your 22, plenty of time to make a mark in the competitive world. I do recommend actually attending a show to see the competition for yourself though, those figure girls are hard working ladies.

Diet & training adjustments to bring up your glutes are easy enough to make for any competent coach.
Look for a high frequency approach, training the glutes up to 3x week with some variety (different angles, points of tension, etc), along with a coach who ideally understands why women are NOT men. IME, if they don't understand the impact of your menstrual cycle on all this, or if they even mention "reverse dieting", I would start running the opposite direction. Fast.
I agree that, in time, you will need enhancement help to really compete with those girls. But that can be sorted out once your diet & training is dialed in.

Leaning out to 17-18%, while improving your training regime, is a good way to get started :)
20170518_150939.jpg20170518_151002.jpg

Thanks for such an extensive reply, really appreciate it! I do have a glute program which im attaching here. Would be eternally grateful if you guys could have a look at it and see if its decent?

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Are those movements to be done during the same session or are the "phases" rotated over a specific period of time?

I personally wouldn't put the stretching stuff in prewo unless your hip flexors are super tight. Save them for post-wo and focus on activation drills like glute bridges, with a band around the knees, for example rather than pure "stretches" per se.
The exercise selection in general is fine, not great, but fine. I would've liked to have seen some sort of squat/DL variation in there and some of the movements are going to be impossible to load easily (bird dogs, unless you buy ankle weights or something).
Can't really comment on volume beyond saying that 5-15 rep range is ideal - some focusing on the lower end, some on the higher.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would like to hope she is squatting but didn't factor that in to her glute form of exercises. Please tell us you're squatting. Lol. Glute bridges, Bulgarian split squats, lunges, cable kick backs, and even sumo dead lifts have all made significant improvements to the girls I have worked with. In addition to squats and even hamstring work. Heavy ham string work.

Last edited:

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
I would like to hope she is squatting but didn't factor that in to her glute form of exercises. Please tell us you're squatting. Lol. Glute bridges, Bulgarian split squats, lunges, cable kick backs, and even sumo dead lifts have all made significant improvements to the girls I have worked with. In addition to squats and even hamstring work. Heavy ham string work.

Hahaha yes i do squat! ���� ive been squatting for almost a year, 2 or 3 times a week, 5x12 but once in a while id go heavy if im feeling it; theyve shaped up my quads really well, having said that, absolutely no change in the bum.
The program i have attached was given to me by a PT friend and yes, all 3 phases are to be done in one day. I am pretty flexible but i was told the stretches would help fire the glutes and make the most of them. I honestly am not feeling the program; seems like a lot of fiddling around with silly fire hyndrant-esque excercises, i prefer going heavy and feeling the muscles burn.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Hahaha yes i do squat! ���� ive been squatting for almost a year, 2 or 3 times a week, 5x12 but once in a while id go heavy if im feeling it; theyve shaped up my quads really well, having said that, absolutely no change in the bum.
The program i have attached was given to me by a PT friend and yes, all 3 phases are to be done in one day. I am pretty flexible but i was told the stretches would help fire the glutes and make the most of them. I honestly am not feeling the program; seems like a lot of fiddling around with silly fire hyndrant-esque excercises, i prefer going heavy and feeling the muscles burn.

P.S. i only ever do ass to grass and ass to grass with pulses at the bottom.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
If its all in one day then its a bad program regardless but yes, a bit too much "fiddle around".Honestly, 3-5 movements from different angles, focusing on the 5-15 rep range, done 2-3xweek (3 if its your main focus) is a good place to start. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to train them frequently.

Squats work for the minority, usually women who already have decent glutes & the right structure, but not the majority. I mean you can play with foot stance, width, going low bar to make it a more glute=focused but at the end of the day, its still a quad dominant movement.
Stuff like cable pull-throughs, hip thrusts/glute bridges and other movements that focus on hip extension will be your go to, at least for the glute maximus. Some sort of lunge/split squat variation, ideally forward with a longer step, is a nice addition too.
Then you've got the glute medius, which is more to the side, that is easier to develop with movements focused on hip abduction although some internal/external rotation helps with different regions. Think lying hip abductions on the floor along with single leg stability stuff like 1 leg glute bridges, etc.

Sorry, I'm rambling :)
Pick your 3-4 of your favourite hip extension moves, 1-2 hip abduction and go from there. Make sure at least 1-2 are unilateral in nature.

Last edited:

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Thanks Zilla, ill defo follow your advice! Youve made it super clear as to what i should be doing! Cheers man!

New Threads