Hurt's Log/Journey to the Stage

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Seeker will just have to settle for a pic of a petroglyph from the cave wall where he was raised for his "before" picture.

Repped!

G'damn scientist humor. On point!

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was the first day back in the gym after a 3 day break and I was pretty disappointed to be quite honest! I expected to be rested and rejuvenated feeling but I just felt “off” for some reason. Trained back and bi’s, starting with deads, and only worked up to 495 for my top set. I just didn’t feel like I was in a groove like I normally do. Oh well, not every day is perfect. On to the next!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it’s typical my friend...:32 (6):

Just keep kicking ass....

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Seeker will just have to settle for a pic of a petroglyph from the cave wall where he was raised for his "before" picture.

Lololol you did mention it was war. Lol good one. And shut up Jin!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was the first day back in the gym after a 3 day break and I was pretty disappointed to be quite honest! I expected to be rested and rejuvenated feeling but I just felt “off” for some reason. Trained back and bi’s, starting with deads, and only worked up to 495 for my top set. I just didn’t feel like I was in a groove like I normally do. Oh well, not every day is perfect. On to the next!

Hey man, we all go through it. Pick your shit up and and go again. I've personally slacked lately and been struggling with the iron. A couple of bro's here know it. It happens.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great leg workout today. First day squatting in over a week so eased in with 5x5x405 then went on to do some other movements like stiff leg deads, leg curls, lextensions and then finished off with 4 30 rep sets on leg press and walking lunges - talk about getting some blood in the legs. Couldn’t stand without my legs trembling and they gave out a couple times just walking around afterward!

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fun deadlift session tonight. After warm up sets I did 4x10x405 beltless. I could have hammered out more reps but Grip kept giving out at 10, and I was determined not to use straps...so it looks like I need to do some grip work.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Always love your volume.

This might be a horrible idea but we should all pick a random lift and do a high volume day. You get 24 hours to complete 100 reps at the individuals weight preference.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Always love your volume.

This might be a horrible idea but we should all pick a random lift and do a high volume day. You get 24 hours to complete 100 reps at the individuals weight preference.

T-nation has had workouts based off of this idea. Would be brutal for sure

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Reps of 10 with 405 is pretty grip solid. Using chalk?

Thanks man. No chalk - I was at a different gym that didn’t have chalk and I don’t bring any with me because my normal gym has chalk buckets. Sweaty hands definitely played a part.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Always love your volume.

I do that pretty often with calf raises. I’ll pick a number of reps, usually 50-100, then rest-pause until I get them all...so I may hit 20 straight, then rest, then 17, 12, etc but I never get out from under the weight, and I never take more than 10 seconds before I try for more reps. If I’m doing 100, usually by the end I’m doing like 3 rest 3 rest 2 rest 2 haha...

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I do that pretty often with calf raises. I’ll pick a number of reps, usually 50-100, then rest-pause until I get them all...so I may hit 20 straight, then rest, then 17, 12, etc but I never get out from under the weight, and I never take more than 10 seconds before I try for more reps. If I’m doing 100, usually by the end I’m doing like 3 rest 3 rest 2 rest 2 haha...

Same way I train calves brother, and it's been the most successful for me. Sore 24/7.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Same way I train calves brother, and it's been the most successful for me. Sore 24/7.

Definitely sore all the time! It’s the best method I’ve found to get them to respond, along with massive dropsets!

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No gym yesterday or today. Whole family is sick right now. Hoping to pick things up tomorrow if I don’t feel like a pile of dog shit.

New Threads