Switching compounds during cycle

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some feed back on what I like to call "compound cycling"
with-in your cycle.
Does that even make sense?
What I mean is

Running test cycle but switching between short and long esters through out your allotted cycling time.
Keep the body guessing and reacting at different times as to when the test is working.
I have ran short and long esters before during the same cycle and had great results. Was just curious if anybody else had the same experiences. Solomc

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
<p>
your not making the body guess or react different..Its all just test and it works the same..If you go from bold cyp to npp that will make the body react different..I dont see how esters to the same compound will make a difference </p>

Last edited:

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
why everytime I edit that bullshit appears

Reaction score
I saw where Rich Piana was talking about compound cycling. An example he used was cycling orals. Something like: 2 weeks winny, 3 weeks anavar, 2 weeks dbol, then back to winny. The reasoning he gave was "to keep the body guessing" and to avoid building a tolerance.
I don't have any data to either support or refute the claim, but I personally think I would pick something and stick with it. Yes, the body is highly adaptive, but it seems a little overkill to me.

Reaction score
Bundy, to your point, another example Rich Piana mentioned was switching from Test to sust. That just seems ridiculous to me.
I think it's more hassle trying to time ester halflives and when to switch than any possible payoff.
Just my 2c.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what do i give a shit what rich piana said? LOL I only listen to boston loyd

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Changing the ester of a test cycle isn't switching compounds. Now if you were doing something like Test/Deca for 12 weeks then switched to Test/Tren for the rest of your cycle, that would be more along the lines of what you were suggesting. Test is Test

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks Ecks. Your body doesn't "guess" or "get confused" about anything. Not really sure I understand reacting at different times to when the test is working. You either have blood levels that are low, physiologic (normal), or supraphysiologic. You're gonna use whatever you're making or taking.

Reaction score
Switching esters won't do much at all in terms of gains or strength. Switching from an ester like Test E to Test P or even to Test No Ester would give you other benefits or effects such as increased libido? At least this is the only thing I notice with faster esters and the fact that they are much more expensive compared to slower esters.

Switching compounds completely? For example Running Test E and Deca building a lot of mass then switching or adding Tren will give you different effects..this is obvious. Deca makes me a lot stronger...but tren makes me even stronger than deca. So I guess you could try to maximize cycles and progress or growth& strength by adding compounds but thats all you're doing...just taking more juice or trying to build and progress from your last cycle. But I don't think your confusing the body..the only thing your body will be confused about is the huge sudden jump in strenght and mass you're putting on.

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
Switching esters won't do much at all in terms of gains or strength. Switching from an ester like Test E to Test P or even to Test No Ester would give you other benefits or effects such as increased libido? At least this is the only thing I notice with faster esters and the fact that they are much more expensive compared to slower esters.

Switching compounds completely? For example Running Test E and Deca building a lot of mass then switching or adding Tren will give you different effects..this is obvious. Deca makes me a lot stronger...but tren makes me even stronger than deca. So I guess you could try to maximize cycles and progress or growth& strength by adding compounds but thats all you're doing...just taking more juice or trying to build and progress from your last cycle. But I don't think your confusing the body..the only thing your body will be confused about is the huge sudden jump in strenght and mass you're putting on.

Yes this is what I was referring to. Thanks

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah switching tests isn't gonna make much difference if any at all

And please stop with the "keep your body guessing" nonsense.

So your recommendations are to plan the cycle and stick to it. Like using the KISS method. Thanks Solo

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
<p>
your not making the body guess or react different..Its all just test and it works the same..If you go from bold cyp to npp that will make the body react different..I dont see how esters to the same compound will make a difference </p>

Yeah sorry about that. I was under the impression that test p, e etc... was made of different compounds. I understand test is test. But the esters I thought were of different substances. Still learning here. Thanks for the reply

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
So your recommendations are to plan the cycle and stick to it. Like using the KISS method. Thanks Solo

Like bio said u can change compounds if u want and run fun cycles but different tests don't do much. I'm all for running short esters and swapping things out here and there. But as long as you're training with progressive overload and diet is good your body will never adapt or stall.

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
<p>

Yeah sorry about that. I was under the impression that test p, e etc... was made of different compounds. I understand test is test. But the esters I thought were of different substances. Still learning here. Thanks for the reply

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
Like bio said u can change compounds if u want and run fun cycles but different tests don't do much. I'm all for running short esters and swapping things out here and there. But as long as you're training with progressive overload and diet is good your body will never adapt or stall.

Got it. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
I have done this "switching" but in a way more moderate way. EX. If I'm on Test E 350mg/ Tren E 200mg/ Dynabol 450mg. At week 10 or12 I'll invert my triangle and go Test 300mg/ Tren 400/ Dynabol 200mg from 12-18. This can also take use of biuld up esters if I swap dynabol for deca. I have had great success by doing this type of MG switching but switching esters seems ridiculous and problematic.

Another "switching" that has proven decent to me for certain orals is SD week 1-3 then anadrol3-6 and if youre running a long enough cycle to switch back to a 4 week blast of SD it seems to me that the 2 compounds can compliment each other while bing ran separately. It may be in my mind but it is possible that swapping an androgen dominant to a anabolic dominant can give the muscle cells a 1-2 punch that they may not get running the same compound for 6 weeks.

In any case I would not go any further than MG switching on your injections and switching between 2 oral compounds that compliment each other. Kinda like Epi-Tren but you have to experiment with only 1 variable at a time.

mrmichael

Reaction score
I like to keep my body guessing by doing things like eating broccoli while sniffing donuts. My body thinks I got gains on the way down and them BAM ****ing broccoli!!!

Thanks Ecks. Your body doesn't "guess" or "get confused" about anything. Not really sure I understand reacting at different times to when the test is working. You either have blood levels that are low, physiologic (normal), or supraphysiologic. You're gonna use whatever you're making or taking.

<p>

So basically u guys are saying if u raise the mg's OR take more compounds, then u will gain more str and mass overall....

BUT if u keep running for example: 600 test and maybe 400 deca for a entire YEAR (JUST a example once again)... that ur gains OR Str will Not/never stall during the year and u will keep gaining as long as u keep chugging down the calories and protein req for your body to grow and train proper in the gym? Or am I thinking wrong here?

Would appreciate a reply from u guys, thanks!

New Threads