Trodizzle: Quarter 3, 2017

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Trodizzle: Quarter 3, 2017

What's up bro's and broette's!

It's ya boy Tdizzle back again for another quarter of fun and joy in the gym!

If you are unaware, a while back I took a job that has me working at home. Due to this, I started to build my own home gym which is where I do most of my work at nowadays.

Here's a current pic of my setup:

J4G1TPB.jpg

For quite a few months I only had the power rack, a barbell, and Olympic plates so my training was based around that gear. Recently I purchased a set of Powerblocks (5-70lb set) and a Spud Pulley system so I could add some variety to my routine.

Adding these few items to my home gym has skyrocketed the variety of lifts I can perform. I have 17 different chest exercises, 28 different shoulder exercises, 21 different tricep exercises, 19 different quad exercises, 14 different hamstring exercises, 13 different back exercises, 24 different bicep exercises, and 10 different ab exercises at my disposal.

I plan to use a 6 day split as follows (Shout out to MrRippedZilla for some of his insight posted here):

Monday - Chest (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps), Shoulders (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps), Triceps (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps)
Tuesday - Quads (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps), Hamstrings (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps), (**** calves)
Wednesday - Back (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps), Biceps (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps), Abs (2 exercises, 3 sets of AMRAP), (**** forearms)
Thursday - Chest (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps), Shoulders (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps), Triceps (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps)
Friday - Quads (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps), Hamstrings (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps)
Saturday - Back (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps), Biceps (2 exercises, 3 sets of 8-12 reps), Abs (2 exercises, 3 sets of AMRAP)
Sunday - Off or Cardio

I will shoot for a resting time of 60 seconds between sets, with 90 seconds at the end of each lift giving me time to set up my next lift (move shit around, etc). Using the 3 set at 8-12 rep range and a 2:1:2 tempo, each muscle group will see a time under tension of about 6 minutes.

Now, I'm getting ready to run a cycle. The cycle is going to consist of 500mg of Test C, 450mg of Bold C, and 1mg of Anastrozole (AI) per week, for 20 weeks.

Here is my list of available exercises that will be rotated and vary each workout to keep things fresh and work the muscles from all sorts of angles (Note, you can ignore the BB.com Rating, that was just used to help me build my list of available lifts using their exercise database but that isn't used as any kind of priority or schedule per say):

Chest
9XwVFkb.png

Shoulders
6feaYOn.png

Triceps
Xr2MFzj.png

Quads
feQbvmc.png

Hamstrings
E6qTqPY.png

Back
HGibh5p.png

Biceps
5a0MBId.png

Abs
yjcY6Ov.png

Physique as of 5/18/2017
PnKOggh.jpg

2gNhmol.jpg

Last edited:

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Looks good Dizz. Basic push pull legs type split. Make sure u rotate what u start with on each day

Edit: I shouldn't say u HAVE to rotate what u start with, but when I did this type of split rotating what I started with brought the best results. On push day u can hammer chest first every time then move to shoulders when they are already tired from bench. You get the idea. Lol

Last edited:

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're a stud. Looking good and only getting better.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
05/19/2017

First day doing legs in a while due to an injury, starting light.

YAUl08D.png

IzncgN8.png

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Heavy weight! Do it!

When it comes, it comes. I'm sure over time it will get there. Keeping to my rep targets, focusing on form and time under tension right now. The last thing I need is a visit to snap city at the start of a cycle. It's a marathon, not a sprint, you guys know this.

Last edited:

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
05/20/2017

Gear arrived from Amazon.com today. Cycle starts Monday.

dJz8tBq.png

X8xbW5g.png

AnC0zMI.png

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I don't like all these sets of 8-12. I mean they are ok but u ever gonna go to the 4-7 range? Not always, but to push that heavy weight a little and put some serious mass on? Especially the compound movements!

Time to pack that mass on Dizz!

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
I don't like all these sets of 8-12. I mean they are ok but u ever gonna go to the 4-7 range? Not always, but to push that heavy weight a little and put some serious mass on? Especially the compound movements!

Time to pack that mass on Dizz!

Eventually I may start to alternate and add in different rep ranges, but not right this moment. I want to see what I can get results wise keeping the TUT high and making sure I keep it so that the 11th and 12th reps are hard as shit to perform, or that I'm hitting failure as I get to them, all while keeping proper form. This seems to be the sweet spot for hypertrophy from all sorts of sources, not just some shit i'm dreaming up. Also, with the heavier weight, stuff I could only push for 4-7 reps, I'm more susceptible to injuring myself, or having shit form just to try and "lift heavy." With this much variety, and performing so many lifts that are foreign to me (Spell Caster's. Zottman Curl's, Jefferson Squats, etc.), I need to pay very close attention to my form to make sure I'm performing the lifts properly and that I'm in control of the weight for the entire lift. Of course, this also means it will take me a bit of time to find the proper weights for these exercises but I'm okay with that, and as I learn what that weight is, the option to add in heavier weighted sets starts to open up. I'm sure there will be may different points of views on this, it's an age old argument that people have debated for years and will continue to debate, but I know my body and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

"Research and years of training have previously shown that the rep range of 1–6 reps per set is best for increasing muscle strength; and the rep range of 7–12 reps per set is best for increasing muscle growth; while reps of 12 and higher are best for increasing muscle endurance."

"The magic behind 10-12 rep range is time under tension."

"Training for hypertrophy 6-12 seconds, again TUT is paid attention to."

"If you're training for muscle size, choose a weight at which you reach muscle failure in the 8-12-rep range."

Last edited:

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Good work tro. On the subject of higher reps, I have a hard time picking weights working in that 12 rep range..it's either too light and doing nothing or I have to drop reps off later sets just to keep a decent pace.
Working around some injury issues I've found some things that work for me that aren't heavy low rep. Mostly i use a lot of supersets and sometimes even trisets, 7-8 reps on the first exercise and then something like 12-10-8 near failure for reps for the second part of the ss. It's nice when you get older and you have a lot of stuff in your bag of tricks..but then I guess that's when you need them to avoid injury lol.
But yeah, I highly recommend supersets..once you find what works it's a hell of a rush and you can use them to really do some damage you wouldn't normally be able to with lower weights.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Good work tro. On the subject of higher reps, I have a hard time picking weights working in that 12 rep range..it's either too light and doing nothing or I have to drop reps off later sets just to keep a decent pace.
Working around some injury issues I've found some things that work for me that aren't heavy low rep. Mostly i use a lot of supersets and sometimes even trisets, 7-8 reps on the first exercise and then something like 12-10-8 near failure for reps for the second part of the ss. It's nice when you get older and you have a lot of stuff in your bag of tricks..but then I guess that's when you need them to avoid injury lol.
But yeah, I highly recommend supersets..once you find what works it's a hell of a rush and you can use them to really do some damage you wouldn't normally be able to with lower weights.

I've discovered the same thing, when working in this rep range I've been focusing on two things, not just stopping at 12 because I reach 12, but making sure if I do stop there, it's because that 12th rep I was barely able to get out (with proper form still). I've experienced the same thing in regards to the drop in reps as you mentioned. While I'm still figuring out the correct weight for this rep range with many of these newer lifts, when I do find it, It looks just like you described. Set 1 I may be able to hit 12, set 2 is maybe 10, then set 3 is around 8. But, to me, that's just fine. The RANGE is 8-12 (or 6-12 depending on what source you site) so as long as I land in that range, I'm happy. I've I'm going over 12, I need more weight, if I'm under 8 I need a bit less weight.

Supersets I've done in the past, but with this weight, and keeping the rest between sets at 60 seconds, I would be dying with zero break going from set 1 of exercise A to set 1 of exercise B and then repeating. I have to force myself to start lifting again at 60 seconds many times as my mind is saying "rest more" but I push myself to get back into it.

Good points though, we seem to have noticed the same thing.

Last edited:

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I wasn't saying just do heavier weight lower reps. I'm saying after those sets of 8-12 grab something heavier and bang out 4-6 reps and use a little momentum or whatever. Familiarize yourself with them heavy weights and soon they'll be you're 8-12 rep weights. Push yourself to also get stronger and the size will follow.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
I wasn't saying just do heavier weight lower reps. I'm saying after those sets of 8-12 grab something heavier and bang out 4-6 reps and use a little momentum or whatever. Familiarize yourself with them heavy weights and soon they'll be you're 8-12 rep weights. Push yourself to also get stronger and the size will follow.

Gotcha, good idea!

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Current calf status, trying to make snake proud!

P06a1Bs.jpg

New Threads