Home gym

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
As a kid i loves the gym, but it was local and small.
As an adult, i dont like our gyms. Really bad bro mentality, tribal tat required, weights scattered everywhere so you waste time unloading somebodies prior and/or scavanger hunting the gym for plates you need. Seems always to be broken down stuff when you want/need it......but time is a huge factor for us since we're busy with kids and their activites.

My home gym has the basics, ive accessorized per my needs/wants and have the stuff i need to cover about anything a guy wants...want a cable crossover machine but now lack space.:( so dumbbell set is the fall back.

never needed motivation, always been self motivated, so when its time to work...i just do it. Seeing eyecandy wouldnt be a bad thing, but at my age, id be labeled a creeper lol.
Buddys wife works out 6 days a week and looks amazing, she refuses to goto a gym (she hits planet fitness) because she hates "getting looked at like a porkchop" anytime shes in a gym because it creeps her out.

Reaction score
Too many distractions at home for me. I like going to the gym. I can focus much better.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
It's all about the gym, I have been to my fair share and most are over crowded, don't have free weights, full of dueche bags, generally just dirty and nasty. If it's a good gym I love the gym but there are very few out there. Generally the more expensive non franchise gyms are nicer IMO, planet fitness sucks, golds sucks (big lots of machines free weights etc) but the last two been two were straight nasty and all the hand grips were wore out there was sweat everywhere and people not even wiping down after and also a rip off. But the eye candy kept me coming back for the short visits I was there.

Bottom line is some gyms are awesome some suck. But I guarantee I'm more motivated at a gym then home alone. The guy next to me at the gym stacking more weight on then me motivates the hell out of me as does me stacking more weight on then someone else. I'm a smaller guy and use to love to go hit bench and kill it compared to most bigger guys. That will make your pee pee feel good

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
I fukking love my home gym. Power rack, bench, weights, dumbbells and a pulley. That's all u need trust me. There are soooooo many different exercise u can do with just that stuff. Ill never go back to a gym

wouldnt it be more logical to get the chuck Norris total gym ?

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
wouldnt it be more logical to get the chuck Norris total gym ?

That’s what Ecks meant by “A pulley”, and by “A pulley”, he meant 3 pulleys.
One in the gym and two in the garage to sell for a huge profit after Chuck dies.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
couple mirrors and some wall art is all I'm sayin...

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I am sponsored by our gym so I couldn't justify the money in building one. I enjoy training in garage gyms with friends all over the country but here I have the key and my own gym during certain times of the day.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Slowly built my home gym over 40 years. Really love it. always have been a hard-core home lifter.
We are members of our local gym which is also kick-ass, so we train in both.

Ive always mixed it up and trained in both. (If close commercial gym is a good one, which is sort of rare these days).

View attachment 4906

Reaction score
I have been trained at home but I have no such motivation and achievements as in the gym

Reaction score
Ive spent the money to build a decent garage gym setup and shortly after i found myself back in the commercial gym. Now its great to have if your in a hurry or have kids practices all night and have to squeeze in a workout. The downside like everybody else says is the lack of variety. It gets so stale doing the same thing over and over. I enjoy my commercial gym and my garage for different reasons.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Ive spent the money to build a decent garage gym setup and shortly after i found myself back in the commercial gym. Now its great to have if your in a hurry or have kids practices all night and have to squeeze in a workout. The downside like everybody else says is the lack of variety. It gets so stale doing the same thing over and over. I enjoy my commercial gym and my garage for different reasons.

Depends on your home gym.

Reaction score
That's true, for me I just have a half rack and about 800 lbs in plates, bar and bench. If you had the money I think adding a cable free motion machine would be a game changer. Good bye lack of variety.

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
That's true, for me I just have a half rack and about 800 lbs in plates, bar and bench. If you had the money I think adding a cable free motion machine would be a game changer. Good bye lack of variety.

Hunt Bricks posts for some pics of his “home gym” man, you’ll understand why he answered the way he did.
Really it makes me hate him just little bit, that and his alien delts!

Chaos501

Reaction score
I fukking love my home gym. Power rack, bench, weights, dumbbells and a pulley. That's all u need trust me. There are soooooo many different exercise u can do with just that stuff. Ill never go back to a gym

I used to have the mentality of needing the public gym for motivation but it seems lately it’s more of an irritation!!! Def going to get more home equip! Rogue is gonna take our tax refund quickly!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I used to have the mentality of needing the public gym for motivation but it seems lately it’s more of an irritation!!! Def going to get more home equip! Rogue is gonna take our tax refund quickly!

we deal with the same thing daily. although la fitness is convenient its just causing too much frustration with all the bs. will be adamantly searching for a smaller more serious gym to go to. home gym would be awesome but ain't happenin anytime soon

New Threads