Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home gym

Thanks
    It's all about the gym, I have been to my fair share and most are over crowded, don't have free weights, full of dueche bags, generally just dirty and nasty. If it's a good gym I love the gym but there are very few out there. Generally the more expensive non franchise gyms are nicer IMO, planet fitness sucks, golds sucks (big lots of machines free weights etc) but the last two been two were straight nasty and all the hand grips were wore out there was sweat everywhere and people not even wiping down after and also a rip off. But the eye candy kept me coming back for the short visits I was there.

Bottom line is some gyms are awesome some suck. But I guarantee I'm more motivated at a gym then home alone. The guy next to me at the gym stacking more weight on then me motivates the hell out of me as does me stacking more weight on then someone else. I'm a smaller guy and use to love to go hit bench and kill it compared to most bigger guys. That will make your pee pee feel good

Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 1,424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ECKSRATED View Post
    I fukking love my home gym. Power rack, bench, weights, dumbbells and a pulley. That's all u need trust me. There are soooooo many different exercise u can do with just that stuff. Ill never go back to a gym
    wouldnt it be more logical to get the chuck Norris total gym ?
    life is short - false - it's the longest thing you do -
    dwight schrute

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeigler View Post
    wouldnt it be more logical to get the chuck Norris total gym ?
    That’s what Ecks meant by “A pulley”, and by “A pulley”, he meant 3 pulleys.
    One in the gym and two in the garage to sell for a huge profit after Chuck dies.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 942 Posts
    couple mirrors and some wall art is all I'm sayin...

Thanks
    I am sponsored by our gym so I couldn't justify the money in building one. I enjoy training in garage gyms with friends all over the country but here I have the key and my own gym during certain times of the day.
    Best raw lifts on the platform
    Squat-600 Bench-512 Deadlift-683

Thanks
    Slowly built my home gym over 40 years. Really love it. always have been a hard-core home lifter.
    We are members of our local gym which is also kick-ass, so we train in both.

Ive always mixed it up and trained in both. (If close commercial gym is a good one, which is sort of rare these days).

gym2.jpg
    [[[---ROT---]]]

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rot-Iron66 For This Useful Post:

automatondan (02-05-2018),BigGameHunter (12-08-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    I have been trained at home but I have no such motivation and achievements as in the gym

Thanks
    Ive spent the money to build a decent garage gym setup and shortly after i found myself back in the commercial gym. Now its great to have if your in a hurry or have kids practices all night and have to squeeze in a workout. The downside like everybody else says is the lack of variety. It gets so stale doing the same thing over and over. I enjoy my commercial gym and my garage for different reasons.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ddd View Post
    Ive spent the money to build a decent garage gym setup and shortly after i found myself back in the commercial gym. Now its great to have if your in a hurry or have kids practices all night and have to squeeze in a workout. The downside like everybody else says is the lack of variety. It gets so stale doing the same thing over and over. I enjoy my commercial gym and my garage for different reasons.
    Depends on your home gym.

Thanks
    That's true, for me I just have a half rack and about 800 lbs in plates, bar and bench. If you had the money I think adding a cable free motion machine would be a game changer. Good bye lack of variety.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ddd View Post
    That's true, for me I just have a half rack and about 800 lbs in plates, bar and bench. If you had the money I think adding a cable free motion machine would be a game changer. Good bye lack of variety.
    Hunt Bricks posts for some pics of his “home gym” man, you’ll understand why he answered the way he did.
    Really it makes me hate him just little bit, that and his alien delts!
    Consiglieri of the Flowers Family Mafia

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StillKickin For This Useful Post:

Gibsonator (02-06-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ECKSRATED View Post
    I fukking love my home gym. Power rack, bench, weights, dumbbells and a pulley. That's all u need trust me. There are soooooo many different exercise u can do with just that stuff. Ill never go back to a gym

I used to have the mentality of needing the public gym for motivation but it seems lately it’s more of an irritation!!! Def going to get more home equip! Rogue is gonna take our tax refund quickly!
    If YOU WANT TO BE THE BEST DO AS THE BEST DID AND BETTER!! DEATH BEFORE WEAKNESS!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast