Obnoxious diet nonsense on the internet

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can't take it anymore. I usually keep my mouth shut about these things. But it's getting out of hand.

The straw that has broken my back. Reverse dieting.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you. How the **** do you expect to gain fat when all you are attempting to do is bring calories from a deficit to maintenance? This defies common sense. Yet this bitch can't type a single sentence without talking about reverse dieting. It's making me nuts!

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Wait... Who?
I can only assume that reverse dieting just means eating more.

Reaction score
Reverse dieting was termed bulking long ago

Last edited:

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Don't get me ****ing started.

I've had so many girls come to be post-show with amennorhea because these bullshit, trend following, coaches have them REVERSE dieting out of a show with nonsense promises of maintaining that level of conditioning year round. For those who don't understand, amennorhea refers to the lack of a menstrual cycle and this is serious - it leads to, among other things, loss of bone mineral density that may never return.

These coaches put them in a reverse diet phase lasting MONTHS and their cycles NEVER return during that time. Instead they have to desperately search for knowledge elsewhere and it has taken me up to a year of working with some girls to get their menstrual cycles back. All the reverse dieting did was prolong the suffering and if that means potential permanent damage then it is more than reckless. It is ****ing retarded.

And before anyone even tries to defend this level of bullshit, take a look at this case study that is shockingly similar to what I experience with my girls: Dietary intake, body composition, and menstrual cycle changes during competition preparation and recovery in a drug free figure competitor
- 20 week prep
- It took 10 weeks to increase calories post prep
- It took 20 weeks for the "reverse diet" to get her back to normal bf%
- It took 71 WEEKS(!) for her menstrual cycle to return

So no, its ****ing retarded on every level and you do not deserve to be coaching anyone if you believe in this bullshit. In fact, if I see a single mention of it on any board I tend to go completely nuts because these idiots (male AND female coaches) have no idea what they're doing and deserve to be publicly embarrassed for the damage they are doing to these women.

Yes, I'm triggered by this. Any coach who works hard to take care of their girls would be.

Last edited:

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Cmon bro. Are you telling me that adding calories while staying below maintenance won't add fat? Say it ain't so.

Must have been reading one of those diet magazines on the rack of grocery stores. I've read that I can get a six pack in 3 weeks by adding one simple ingredient...

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Cmon bro. Are you telling me that adding calories while staying below maintenance won't add fat? Say it ain't so.

Must have been reading one of those diet magazines on the rack of grocery stores. I've read that I can get a six pack in 3 weeks by adding one simple ingredient...

By adding lemon slices to my water. Can't wait to see them pop!

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
If that means beating off, you may be onto something.

Georgia

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I googled reverse diet...holy shit there is a huge support system for this.

Are these the same people who masturbate into peanut butter filled socks?

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
What's reverse dieting? I thought it was something u do after a show or cut and slowly add calories back. Is that wrong?

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
What about people who hire a respected coach for a diet and then attribute their results to some bullshit detox cleanse?

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Are a lot of the guys in here coaches?

New Threads