Testosterone usage and Fibromyalgia

Reaction score
Has anyone done a study of the use of Testosterone and the treatment of Fibromyalgia?

I know Testosterone has many health benefits and got to wondering are there any benefits to people that suffer from the various forms of Fibromyalgia. I am in touch with people who suffer from this disease and just got to thinking. Any ideas?

BiggerGuy156

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In my rarely humble opinion I suggest obtaining a clear bill of health from a medial practitioner prior to engaging in drug use with a pre-existing condition.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
It seems to be a complex condition but yes, a couple of studies do suggest that Testosterone is beneficial:

A novel use for testosterone to treat central sensitization of chronic pain in fibromyalgia patients
- The MOA is hypothesized to be low testosterone = low estradiol = low opiate-mediated dampening of nociceptive signals = chronic, widespreadpain. So basically, it's an issue that stems from funky brain signalling (rather than purely cortisol driven, which is what most do/did believe).
Treatment of pain in fibromyalgia patients with testosterone gel:pharmacokinetics and clinical response
- T gel was seen as an effective treatment for fibromyalgia side effects (muscle pain, stiffness, fatigue, etc).

Last edited:

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Sorry, but I question the validity of fibromyalgia, just my 2c.

^^^This^^^ I worked as a massage therapist for several years and 9-10 women "had" fibromyalgia... when it comes down to it, I think docs cant "figure out" why a bunch of overweight women have inflammation/"itis" issues and so they needed a way to bill it/give it a label, otherwise insurance wont pay up... Now they have an official condition/disease... (I know of genuine cases prognoses, but I would say 9 out of 10 dont truly have fibromyalgia).

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
^^^This^^^ I worked as a massage therapist for several years and 9-10 women "had" fibromyalgia... when it comes down to it, I think docs cant "figure out" why a bunch of overweight women have inflammation/"itis" issues and so they needed a way to bill it/give it a label, otherwise insurance wont pay up... Now they have an official condition/disease... (I know of genuine cases prognoses, but I would say 9 out of 10 dont truly have fibromyalgia).

Ever have any of them squirt for yuh ?

Reaction score
Sorry, but I question the validity of fibromyalgia, just my 2c.

Fibromyalgia is a very real affliction and it does not just afflict fat overweight lazy housewives. There are many different forms of it and many different related conditions. It is very difficult to diagnose. Just so you know my niece has it and she is not lazy. She is going to Univerfsity to obtain her Phd and it is very difficult with the disease but she perservears so she is far from lazy.

BiggerBuy156

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Fibromyalgia is a very real affliction and it does not just afflict fat overweight lazy housewives. There are many different forms of it and many different related conditions. It is very difficult to diagnose. Just so you know my niece has it and she is not lazy. She is going to Univerfsity to obtain her Phd and it is very difficult with the disease but she perservears so she is far from lazy.

BiggerBuy156
You are entitled to your opinion in this country.

Reaction score
You are not qualified to issue a disclaimer of this nature. Massaging some women doesn't give you the insight to make such a claim. Read some of the abstracts in PubMed and think about all the abnormalities that have been discovered by various tests. I treated enough people, male and female, with fibromyalgia to know that it is a legitimate diagnosis. Interestingly, Morgan Freeman, has this diagnosis. And unfortunately, so do I.

Reaction score
You are not qualified to issue a disclaimer of this nature. Massaging some women doesn't give you the insight to make such a claim. Read some of the abstracts in PubMed and think about all the abnormalities that have been discovered by various tests. I treated enough people, male and female, with fibromyalgia to know that it is a legitimate diagnosis. Interestingly, Morgan Freeman, has this diagnosis. And unfortunately, so do I.

Reaction score

Thank you for this answer. I really appreciate it. As i said ny niece has it and it interferes with her daily life and education sometimes. I also know a number of people in a Fibromyalgia sociaety here in BC and have talked to several of them. i startedf to write a script for a documentary and transcribed a lot of peoples fibromyalgia stories. It is not a joke as some people on this forum seem to think but to each their own opinoion. I learbned a lot from writing the script. By the way the documentary fell through and was never made.

BiggerGuy156

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score

To be completely fair, you have no idea what I do now or what I went to school for after working as a massage therapist several years ago... Also, if you read my full post you would see that I indeed believe there are genuine cases and I personally know people who have legitimate fibromyalgia... However, it has been my observation, based upon what I have seen over the years, as well as my studies in a formal setting, that the vast majority of fibromyalgia cases are misdiagnosed. I am not questioning your ability or understanding or the OPs... just making a legitimate observation.

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
Isn't fibromyalgia a condition of hurting without any know or obvious cause for the hurting? How can yu prove or disprove something like that?

Reaction score
To be completely fair, you have no idea what I do now or what I went to school for after working as a massage therapist several years ago... Also, if you read my full post you would see that I indeed believe there are genuine cases and I personally know people who have legitimate fibromyalgia... However, it has been my observation, based upon what I have seen over the years, as well as my studies in a formal setting, that the vast majority of fibromyalgia cases are misdiagnosed. I am not questioning your ability or understanding or the OPs... just making a legitimate observation.
Good response and well articulated. I do feel fibromyalgia is a legitimate diagnosis based on clinical observation and research, but I did put my foot into my mouth as I am so good at doing when I said you are not qualified to make such a disclaimer without knowing your full history. My apologies.

Last edited:

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Good response and well articulated. I do feel fibromyalgia is a legitimate diagnosis based on clinical observation and research, but I did put my foot into my mouth as I am so good at doing when I said you are not qualified to make such a disclaimer without knowing your full history. My apologies.

No worries dude. Thanks for your apology.

Reaction score
I think testosterone has the ability to make it better possibly, but when you get off of it and do pct I wonder if the low T you will experience for a short amount of time could make it worse?