NKY Mayhem in the books.

CardinalJacked

Squat King
Reaction score
I've been off here for awhile just because my life has been crazy lately. New job, girlfriend broke up with me, training for a meet, just ****ing crazy. Anyways, after a very rough week, I was able to pull my shit together.
I finished 6/9 yesterday.
Squat: 525, 550, missed 575
Bench: 305, 320, missed 335
Deadlift: 565, 605, missed 645
Totaled 1475 in the RPS junior 242 class.

There was another kid in my class, and we were battling it out all day. My friend who was lifting at the meet as well gave me this "its you against you" bullshit but **** that. I wanted to beat this guy and get a big ****ing trophy.

All my lifts went about the same. Openers are openers, all of my seconds were cake, but then I think I just got too greedy on my third from how easy my seconds were. I'll learn.

The gym was ****ing miserable haha. Me and this other 40yo dude weee just having a hay day talking shit to each other all day, it was great. After this long day and we're about to deadlift, he pulls a bottle of whiskey out of his bag, and thank you Jack Daniels for the courage to pull that weight.

All in all, pretty happy. Squat was a 23lb meet PR, bench was 17lb PR, and deadlift was 44lb PR. Total went from 1377 last meet to 1475 for a 98lb PR on my total.

Following my advice from pob, I'm gonna drink some beer, eat a steak, and get a hummer.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great work kid!

and fuuuuuk what your buddy said about "you against you". When you know you're going head to head with people, you go beat him. If there's a bunch of fuk boys in your class, or Kevin Oak just happened to sign up for the same meet as you, it's you against you.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Congrats dude. Well done. And just look forward, dont worry about anything else, that can make a man go crazy...

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Hell yeah Cj nice work. You're a strong young ****er and have great potential in this sport.
Congrats on the meet.
Get ready for december cus I might being coming to that meet. Not positive yet

CardinalJacked

Squat King
Reaction score
I still need to decide for sure, and see if someone can drive the 13 hours with me lol.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Great work kid!

and fuuuuuk what your buddy said about "you against you". When you know you're going head to head with people, you go beat him. If there's a bunch of fuk boys in your class, or Kevin Oak just happened to sign up for the same meet as you, it's you against you.

"You against you" is for the gym. "You against them" is for a meet. There's a reason why they call a powerlifting competition. If you can handle "You against you" in the gym; "You against them" shouldn't be a problem.

Nice job CJ! I'm proud of you because I know the work you put in. Best part is you still have room for more.

New Threads