Kinds of Testosterone

Reaction score
From what little research I have done yet I know there are many different kinds of Testosterone. Enanthate, Sustanon, Cypionate, Proprionate, etc. I have a bunch of articles to read, however.... You people here are in the know so to speak as to what is what. As a newbe, I know I need to research research research and this is a part of my research. One question I have is Why do people use certain Testosterone over other ones. I know for instance that Enanthate is a very good overall one that really has it all so to speak. But why use say Sustanoin or Cypionate or eve an Aqueous Testosterone Suspension. Please enlighten me and help with my research. I thank you for any info in this manner.

BiggerGuy156

Reaction score
There aren't really different "kinds of testosterone"--there are different length esters, or no ester, attached. Ester length determines how quickly an attached compound (e.g., Testosterone, nandrolone) is metabolized, which will determine how fast a compound clears your system, how frequently a compound must be pinned, etc.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Yeah its just personal preference really. Most guys like enanthate or cyp because of the less frequent pinning of once or.twice a week compared to every day or every other day with prop or ace.

Sust is just a blend of short and long esters. Beginners should start with enanthate or cyp

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cyp is IMO the most user friendly ester.

Reaction score
Test Cyp changed my life, years of feeling like shit until my Dr discovered i had low T. Man what a dif. it made in my life

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
General guidelines some may do it different

Test no ester - one to two times per day
Test acetate - daily
Test propionate - daily to every other day
Test phenyl-prop - who gives a shit just get enanthate
Test enanthate - e3d to once per week ( I do once per week)
Test cypionate - 2x per week to once per week. Sometimes on trt by stingy docs every other week
Test undecanoate - every other week to once per month (has anyone actually seen monthly injects of this?

Bottom line test is test.

But say you wanna run a gram of test.

Test prop is sold 50 to 100mg per mL. Test cyp 200 to 300 mg per mL. You wanna inject 10cc or like 3.5ishcc?

Reaction score
Personally I like to stick with test C ! Like said above more user friendly I do twice a week and works great for me ......

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
TestE or TestC for me. Being a pin cushion has came and went in my life. I prefer once or twice per week injections these days.

Reactions: IHI

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
just one kinda test but many esters

Reaction score
It's all about the esters and weight and free t levels if you want to kick start with prop rod while waiting for long ester to take over and do exactly the same thing then you have just boosted it in your system faster to build up nitrogen and red blood cells. But if you don't need to pin every day or rod and have patience then just go with c or e and pinn consistently to keep peaks and drops from your blood levels. For best results. But yes test I test prop does hurt a bit more but that's why you are doing it no pain than wtf go to parks and get out of the game

Reaction score
There aren't really different "kinds of testosterone"--there are different length esters, or no ester, attached. Ester length determines how quickly an attached compound (e.g., Testosterone, nandrolone) is metabolized, which will determine how fast a compound clears your system, how frequently a compound must be pinned, etc.

Yes. here is where the research kicks in. What is an Ester? I know some Testosterone is in oil and some in water.

BiggerGuy156

Reaction score
Yes. here is where the research kicks in. What is an Ester? I know some Testosterone is in oil and some in water.

BiggerGuy156
Esters are carboxylic acid chains (hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen) that inhibit metabolism of an attached compound. As POB laid out quite nicely, various esters impede metabolism at different rates.
Research "chemical half-lives" and what that means so that you understand how to answer "if I take 100mg of X, with a half-life of two days, how much X will be in my system in two days?"

Reaction score
I'm at the same point wanting to start with Testosterone but I'm not sure which to go with

New Threads