Anyone done a Push Pull?

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The meet selection around here sucks ass. The best I can do for a full meet is December but I want one sooner so theres a push pull in october Im thinking of doing. Even though squats are my favorite, I think I might try it. Would be interesting to see what I could manage in focusing on bench and deadlift without being fatigued by the squat.
Any input?

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Do both. Smash a nice new PR for deadlift and bench then u have time to recover and do a full meet in December.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do both. Smash a nice new PR for deadlift and bench then u have time to recover and do a full meet in December.
Thats probably what Ill do. Really want a full meet to get a 1600 total. Been my goal for this year. But giving a good boost to my press and pull could probably help get that.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
It sucks waiting I gotta wait til December too

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Do it! I have done a push/pull and like you, it killed me to leave my best lift on the table. In all, if that's all that offered and you have a decent DL and time to work on it, you will crush your best DL to date.

BigJohnny

Elite
Reaction score
I did one in April and loved it. Doing another in November, do it man!

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you're competing full power in december, but want to do the October meet, I'd go bench only in October and concentrate on the december meet. Bench only is only slightly more gay than push/pull.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do it! I have done a push/pull and like you, it killed me to leave my best lift on the table. In all, if that's all that offered and you have a decent DL and time to work on it, you will crush your best DL to date.
Yeah I suck at squats but their still my favorite lol.

It sucks waiting I gotta wait til December too
The prep time is nice but its just so damn far away from now.

I did one in April and loved it. Doing another in November, do it man!
Glad to hear it.

If you're competing full power in december, but want to do the October meet, I'd go bench only in October and concentrate on the december meet. Bench only is only slightly more gay than push/pull.
For some reason this one is Push Pull only. They were actually very specific in saying that for some reason. But at least its USPA so my new membership wont be wasted.

New Threads