Reporting for Duty

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been stalking the forums for quite some time now, and decided it was time to officially join. I started coming to the forums about a year ago when I found out my TT was at 389 and wanted to research TRT. I started reading the TRT forum, then moved onto the Dieting/Nutrition and Fat burning/Weight loss forums. Turns out the last two forums are what I needed way more than TRT. I changed my Diet, started using the information I found on the forums and from other research and dropped 40lbs in the last 9/10 months. My TT is now at 468, still a little low, but I feel a lot better from just the weight loss.

I am not a bodybuilder by any stretch of the word, but I found these forums super helpful for getting my shit together. I practice BJJ,and Mauy Thai for 2 hours 4 days a week here in New Orleans at NolaBjj. (If you are ever in the New Orleans area come train with us drop ins are free!) I lift 2 days a week, and take Saturdays off for recovery. I keep my lifting to light(ish) weight with high reps as I am not looking to put on weight so I can stay in my current weight class for BJJ tournaments.

I have been contemplating a first cycle (very mild test only 250 to 350mg a week) for some strength but mostly for the recovery benefits, as at my age the training 6 days week is getting a lot harder.

Anyway I ll stop rambling now so you guys can get back to being awesome.

6'0 185lbs 36 years old

P.S. Having a clean diet in New Orleans may the hardest thing the world. I am always surrounded by the best tasting/worst for you food on the planet.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Getting too big is easy, good thing you're looking out.

Welcome.

Reaction score
Welcome .. seems you know what to do and seem to be on the right track this is a.great place to be , see ya around

Reaction score
Is this southern bro code for something?

It's bro code in Southern Louisiana for a Cajun. It was a derogatory term at one point back in the 1800's, but has since become a point of pride among those with Cajun blood. My PawPaw (grandpa for you yanks) wore a pin on his cowboy hat of a raccoons ass that said coonass and proud.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
lol bobafet my chicks from Louisiana I'll have to slip that in somehow and see how she reacts

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
like oh yea baby you want this dick in your fukkin coonass! but then again that might not go over so well being that my ex is a black chick and she hates her big time

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
It's bro code in Southern Louisiana for a Cajun. It was a derogatory term at one point back in the 1800's, but has since become a point of pride among those with Cajun blood. My PawPaw (grandpa for you yanks) wore a pin on his cowboy hat of a raccoons ass that said coonass and proud.
I knew you would know whats up if you were from Louisiana. I remember that same hat lol. I was born and raised in Southern LA.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. We always have room for a hard worker. Nice job on the weight loss!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great intro, welcome M8!

Reaction score
That's for real about the food being a major temptation! I live about 1.5 hrs north of you in MS and New Orleans has some of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at...nothing is better than good Cajun food imho...

New Threads