Your favorite forms of cardio, and hiit

Itburnstopee

Elite
Reaction score
<p>
Ive been walking a few extra miles a day, just 3-5. But Im gonna start doing more intense cardio tomorrow and just wanted to see what everyones preferred forms of cardio are. Also, whats your favorite HIIT workout?</p>

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I despise cardio but I find the stairclimber most bareable

Reaction score
Elliptical is more kind to my knees than the treadmill. I'm not a fan of cardio, but I do it at least a couple of times a week. Between LISS and HIIT, I prefer HIIT.

I typically do:
Fast walking pace for 1 min
Jog for 1 min
Sprint for 1 min
Fast walking pace for 1 min

After a few rounds of that, the sprint will seem like it's going on longer than a minute and the fast walks will seem shorter.

Sometimes I'll do 15 minutes
Fast Walk 1min
Jog 1min
Sprint 1min

It isn't elaborate, but it has has been effective for me.

I did LISS for a while last year, preparing for a Spartan race and just getting used to running again after a long break. HIIT works better with my schedule and I get to spend more time with the iron.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I do all my stuff on the stepmill

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I hate cardio so I don't have a favorite. When I do cardio, I typically do the treadmill for 30-45 min. I have done the bikes but I feel lazy when I am sitting so I only do them when I am slacking.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Sex with the side piece! She lets me beat that shit up!

☝️☝️☝️

...and the bike. Stationary in bad weather and taking the kids for a ride in good weather. It's easy to stay motivated on it if you set heart rate goals. One minute at 150bpm then one minute at a slower pace or whatever. No knee impact.

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
I row. Most under rated piece of equipment in any gym. There's a reason why they are alway left open. Sit your ass on one and give it 10 minutes. You'll be spent.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sled drags to finish off lower days. Walking the pooch.

Also, as gay as this might sound, the wife's gym just got a few of those airdyne bikes you see in crossfit. My asshole crossfitting friend challenged me to a 4 minute challenge last week. I don't do cardio, but I figured "whatever it's 4 min". You go absolute balls to the wall for 20 sec interval and then 10sec slow. It only lasts 4 min but if you do it balls out it's death. I had to sit down for 5-10 minutes after finishing. Lungs still had that burn 20min later.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
blaze a fat one,take the shirt off ,jump on a bike and hi the road for 2 hours..

New Threads