How do I get massive arms/forearms?

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I have put on plenty more size on my back, shoulders, and some chest, but my arms seem to have limited growth. I know they are a small muscle group, but their should be something to really help me out. And what pisses me off even more is my damn forearms. They are small as a 10 year olds and so even with big arms I'll look like shit because my forearms sucks!

For arms ive done lots of bicep curls, preacher curls, dropsets, supersets, etc. Suprisenly I have good triceps but my biceps are what the problem is. For forearms I've done reverse grip bb curls, 30sec db holds.... This shits pissing me off man

I feel you man i have that tall thin build and forearms have always looked small on me. I've worked on them a lot but over the years but what finally made them respond with visible size and vascularity was 2x a week spending 20-30 minutes a session just burning them out with every forearm exercise i could think of to the point where it's hard to turn a steering wheel afterwards.
The old adage is grip type stuff for forearms but i did have some success with just prolonged wrist curls and wrist roller sessions. Low rest lots of burn, let them recover then hit them again over and over. It hurts but it works. Weak points are tricky.. Trial and error and lots of pain is the only way to success, but it will happen.

Last edited:

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just keep training and eating. Stay consistent, and stay motivated. Your arms will grow with the rest of you. Your 18 just keep going and GROWING.

ICanBench50

Reaction score
Thank you all for the advice I'll take it in mind. I'll try to incorporate farmer walks, hammer, and wrist curls, thanks.

Reaction score
Mind muscle connection. I couldn't get my arms to grow until I figured that out. Throwing around a bunch of weight with bad form won't help either. Too much forearm/delts involved in the lift and you will never get the bis to grow like they should.

ICanBench50

Reaction score
Mind muscle connection. I couldn't get my arms to grow until I figured that out. Throwing around a bunch of weight with bad form won't help either. Too much forearm/delts involved in the lift and you will never get the bis to grow like they should.

How the **** do I tell my mind to let my biceps grow?

Reaction score

LOL that's not what I meant. Being in tune with how you flex your muscles and the concentration needed to "feel" it. If you do 4 sets of heavy weight curls at 10 reps each, you should feel your bis being filled with blood. Pumped up. Odds are if you dont, you aren't recruiting the bis enuf and using more forearm and delt. I could only get this by squeezing at the top and keeping a load on the bis continually. After a few months of that, the "feel" for getting my bis to grow was there. Everyone has a weak spot until it isn't anymore.

rburdge84

Elite
Reaction score
Just hit them 2-3 days a week. Each day change the style you hit them. Heavy one day, hypertrophy one day with drop sets and controlled movements and then do high reps one day for blood flow

Reaction score
LOL that's not what I meant. Being in tune with how you flex your muscles and the concentration needed to "feel" it. If you do 4 sets of heavy weight curls at 10 reps each, you should feel your bis being filled with blood. Pumped up. Odds are if you dont, you aren't recruiting the bis enuf and using more forearm and delt. I could only get this by squeezing at the top and keeping a load on the bis continually. After a few months of that, the "feel" for getting my bis to grow was there. Everyone has a weak spot until it isn't anymore.
I'm a believer in mental visualization. Between sets, copying the movement with no weight and really thinking about what parts of the muscles are going to be used. Imagining the muscle action, and trying to "feel" the muscles. It seems to help me focus during the movement. I know what to tense and where to feel it, I hit a hard contraction and feel the muscles. Seems to especially help with the back, etc, where you can't really see what's going on.

Oh, and devil magic.
Lots of devil magic.

Last edited:

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
Heavy farmer walks, don't use straps for anything, also tie a piece of rope about 3' long to a dowel on one end and a 10lb weight on the other. Twist and twist till your arms are on fire. A lot of it has to do with genetics too.

Zombialja Bones

Lady Member
Reaction score

Same way you don't do bicep curls in the squat racks/cages.. You stop being a mozzarella ball and improve the technicalities behind your lifting, make sure the muscles are in a state of contraction at all costs during sets, et voila.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mind muscle connection takes years to figure out

GreatGunz

Elite
Reaction score
Straight barbell curls ​ and drop back to training them 1x per week 10 sets of 5........

New Threads