Keto diet has stalled

Reaction score
Been doing keto for 2.5 months now an it seems to have stalled out on me. I think to much protein. I just reduced or but don't want to lose muscle. Any better diet recommendations. I'm doing 4 days cardio and 3 day lifting working entire body. Also on a SARMs stack of lgd gw and s4. Not sure if stalled or adding muscle. I think a little of both

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Do a 24 hour carb load. I mean completely **** your face with carbs. Doesn't even have to be clean stuff.

Youll gain a good 5-8# of water and muscles swell up. The water will come back off within a week or less.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Been doing keto for 2.5 months now an it seems to have stalled out on me. I think to much protein. I just reduced or but don't want to lose muscle. Any better diet recommendations. I'm doing 4 days cardio and 3 day lifting working entire body. Also on a SARMs stack of lgd gw and s4. Not sure if stalled or adding muscle. I think a little of both
Eat less. Doesn't have to be protein you eat less of. You can cut the fats back a bit too. Or you can eat like normal person and have better more intense training sessions. Maybe add a 4th day of weights and cut back on the cardio unless your goal is to look like you just walked off a slave ship from Africa.

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
hire a nutritionist. Skip the Keto. Learn to eat right and listen to your body. Then when you got all that shit figured out. Do Nothing, you now know the single most important part of getting big.

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
How many calories are you taking in daily? And what is the macro split?

Training 6-7 days a week would be better.

Running a cycle would be better than SARMs and help you preserve more muscle mass while in a deficit.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Keto certainly has its place. I re-comped nicely over the last 7 weeks on a strict keto diet. Now I am taking in low to moderate carbs pre and post training. Keto meals for lunch 2, dinner and Greek yogurt before bed. I am fuller, feel better on carbs but still reap the benefit of no carbs meals late in the day. The milk sugar in the yogurt aids in digestion, besides its only 6-7 grams in a 230 something pound body fating until break-fast.

If your body is telling you something, listen and make the adjustments.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
2.5 months on a diet might require you to readjust your macro intake if you haven't. what were your stats when you started and whst are they now? As you get leaner and leaner things do slow down and adjustments need to be made.

Zombialja Bones

Lady Member
Reaction score
I've done keto for a few years straight and got blood clots as a result. Took that route because regular carbs aren't an option for me (celiac), but every extreme has its consequences.. So I'd advise against it past a breaky or dinner.

Keto is strict when it comes to knowing your macros and not reaching over the limit of those 20-50g carbs daily, also too much protein can throw you off course too, which is why it's not fully working.

That 4 day cardio, 3 time weights sounds like a beginner's mistake..

New Threads